Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

mcface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE:

I went back to the start - followed Amarokz guide (reversed page 8 and 9)

loaded Wad Manager 1.5 from the HBC and successfully installed USB Loader

ERROR now on Neogamma is 1022.

At least I have USB loader - thanks everyone who helped.
-

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
mcface said:
same error

hmmm.

i have also the same problem. maby its are problem withthe wad file, i have installed 50 wad (other neo gamme wads) andall works but not the one in this packed.

so try to find another wad for neo gamma. maby a forwarder insted for an channel.

commloss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this guide they use cboot2 to remove 249ios Would using atdmod do the same thing or not?
Just wondering thanks.

commloss

NexPhr3ak0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a virgin wii running 4.2 and this guide was working great ( also made sure to flip 9 and 8). I am up to the hermes section and my wii just freezes. I skip that step and try to just go to wad manager and i just get a frozen black screen. Any ideas?

*edit*

ok i found my earlier error and am now able to get into wad manager. my only problem now is i get the same 2011 error everyone else is.

bacadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide step by step and switched pages 8 and 9. Then I used Wad Manager 1.5 to load USB Loader it installed successfully.

Once I got that I tried to open the USB Loader GX Channel and i got the error: cIOS could not be loaded and then it takes me to a Exception (DSI) screen.

I don't have any USB devices connected yet. Do I need to connect a WBFS formatted drive before I try to open USB Loader?

Thank you guys!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
commloss said:
In this guide they use cboot2 to remove 249ios Would using atdmod do the same thing or not?
Just wondering thanks.

commloss
atdmod would require use of a ios with a trucha bug in it.

At that point in the guide there is no bugged ios to use and there will not be until you uninstall the stub 249 and then run the cios installer again with cboot2.

This way does it without the need of the trucha bug.

NexPhr3ak0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having one last strange issue which i'm not sure is related. So i went through the guide and finally got everything installed except for hermes my wii would just freeze so i decided to skip it. So I was planned on using a usb hard drive. I formatted the drive plugged it into the wii and fired up usb launcher. At first i had forgot i left my sd card in it from the tutorial. i got a message saying cios could not be found and it froze. I pulled the plug took out the sd card powered back on plugged in the usb drive and now when i go to usb launcher i see the launcher splash screen come up but then it immediately goes back to the system menu. Anybody have any ideas?

lilchnsgrl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Amarokz and h3ndrix! I got everything to install (NeoGamma and USB Loader)! Now I just need to find a harddrive to test it
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
padraig61091 said:
h3ndrix said:
Hello All, I posted a guide that worked for me, check it out:

Virgin 4.2E to Softmod Guide

stop advertising ur post on diffrent websites in other peoples topic

Seriously. You would have been better off simply linking to this thread instead of taking Amarokz guide and copying it...not to mention changing crap around.

dow.dilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
padraig61091 said:
h3ndrix said:

He posted plenty of links right back here and gave lots of credit. He also took his time and did something useful and positive with it, and helped some people. I suggest you do the same.

dow.dilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
padraig61091 said:
h3ndrix said:

Seriously. You would have been better off simply linking to this thread instead of taking Amarokz guide and copying it...not to mention changing crap around.

He didn't copy it, get a clue. He credited him with it, and gave supplemental instructions because the guide doesn't work as is, and Amarokz hasn't gotten around to fixing the errors and changing the included software yet.

Mature Lamb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those who had trouble with Hermes installer.. have a go at it again. It didn't work for me last night but when I woke up this morning I tried it again. It's working for me now =]

I still need help with Neogamma R7 though.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmmmm, It just came to mind, but has anyone tried the following?

Instead of using cBoot2 with different boot.dol files like 3 times, just use it once with WAD Manager.

How, well after uninstalling IOS249 Stub, either install cIOS36-rev7.wad or LU64Fix.wad (both install as IOS249) for your hardware type, and than, just reboot Wii, and use HBC to install the rest.

Simple?

I'm gonna try to see what this comes out to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas