Not open for further replies.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ibis_87 said:
Is it only me, or US release groups are lagging behind significantly as of late? I don't mean to be ungrateful, as those guys are really giving me a chance ti play great games before they can be found at retail in my country, but I clearly remember always getting US dumps first, and then European ones. And now, the situation's quite opposite. But since this game was not released in Europe yet, and is not planned as of now... Waiting seems to be the only alternative.

I think Chanser brought this up a few times, but they are lagging behind. I tihnk the main reason is because we've also got a terrible recession here and many people are cutting down on purchasing games. You may say "WELL HOW COME THE SHITTY SHOVELWARE GAMES GET DUMPED THOUGH!" and the answer is because they're cheap. I could probably pick up an Imagine game for like $20 or less while a brand new copy of a nicer game is like $30-$40. And if people do want to dump more frequently, the best solution is to get a game rental service like GameFly, but that also means that you can't dump games on launch day.

It also depends on the game. Some retailers are very picky about their games. I mean, most Best Buys I go to don't have tons of rows of DS games. They have to cut down their selection. And most of the time some of the better but less known games are excluded for the shittier games like Imagine that are bought in masses.

Then they should focus on quality and not quantity. No one cares if they have to wait a couple weeks for Imagine Babiez. They can skip 2 of the budget shovelwares and buy the games people actually want to see dumped and catch up later.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
rakichaneru said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ibis_87 said:
Is it only me, or US release groups are lagging behind significantly as of late? I don't mean to be ungrateful, as those guys are really giving me a chance ti play great games before they can be found at retail in my country, but I clearly remember always getting US dumps first, and then European ones. And now, the situation's quite opposite. But since this game was not released in Europe yet, and is not planned as of now... Waiting seems to be the only alternative.

I think Chanser brought this up a few times, but they are lagging behind. I tihnk the main reason is because we've also got a terrible recession here and many people are cutting down on purchasing games. You may say "WELL HOW COME THE SHITTY SHOVELWARE GAMES GET DUMPED THOUGH!" and the answer is because they're cheap. I could probably pick up an Imagine game for like $20 or less while a brand new copy of a nicer game is like $30-$40. And if people do want to dump more frequently, the best solution is to get a game rental service like GameFly, but that also means that you can't dump games on launch day.

It also depends on the game. Some retailers are very picky about their games. I mean, most Best Buys I go to don't have tons of rows of DS games. They have to cut down their selection. And most of the time some of the better but less known games are excluded for the shittier games like Imagine that are bought in masses.

Then they should focus on quality and not quantity. No one cares if they have to wait a couple weeks for Imagine Babiez. They can skip 2 of the budget shovelwares and buy the games people actually want to see dumped and catch up later.

you can never be too sure man...I couldnt wait till i could break off a piece of princess debut XD

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on another site mentioned that they dumped the ROM. But he didn't mention whether he'd upload it or not.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
rolloverminutes said:
Haha I want to play this game because the name has hercules!! im into greek myth and stuff.

You sure it wasnt cause of a certain tv show in the 90's? XD

nah i kid-im into greek myth aswell.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rolloverminutes said:
Haha I want to play this game because the name has hercules!! im into greek myth and stuff.

It has Hercules in it? That's funny, I thought it was HERACLES.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Positive said:
Someone on another site mentioned that they dumped the ROM. But he didn't mention whether he'd upload it or not.

LOL if this game isn't dumped and uploaded before I get my $50 Gamestop gift card I may just have to buy it and dump it myself, spending the rest of the money on Pokemon SoulSilver and continuing to save for it
tongue.gif
. Speaking of dumping...I need to put that program back on my Acekard 2i...

Blondie987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously whats the hold up here on this. someone said that gbatemp or someone from gbatemp would be dumping this. then i read somewhere here on gbatemp that the guy who was going to dump glory of heracles wanted to give everyone time to play sands of destruction. and if i remember correctly the release date was on the 18th or 19th for it to go in stores. if this is being dumped by gbatemp then what is taking so long? a lot of us would like to be able to play this game but can't due to there is no rom available for it. i'm not trying to be mean or hateful here i'm just trying to find out what is taking so long with this thing getting uploaded and being made available for download.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Believe me, there's a lot of people wating for the game to be dumped. I'm waiting too, but theres almost nothing you can do about it, unless you have a friend who actually has the game, maybe you can try to convince him to dump it.

Why is it taking so long? Idk, but be patient, the game might have antipiracy protection and youll have to wait a little longer, so the only thing you can do at this time is being patient.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark_linis said:
Blondie987 said:
i read somewhere here on gbatemp that the guy who was going to dump glory of heracles wanted to give everyone time to play sands of destruction.
this blew my mind.

what kinda screwed up logic is that. he should just dump it

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
gaeanprayer said:
nugundam0079 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
I've noticed with reviews on this the few that exist in particular the IGN one has the wrong person evaluating the game so it can't get a fair score. It appears they put little children who can't get by their own personal bias and micro sized epenis either. The common bitching I see is 'archaic turn based combat' and 'random encounters' being the huge problems why the game sucks. Why the fuck do you put someone on a classic JRPG who has these feelings about RPGs on the whole? People who think close minded like this and piss and whine have been spoiled by western rpgs where you see like 10 kobolds in the distance and you make a move on them, whereas this game uses the traditional Japanese setup of random encounters. Since when is random encounters and being turn based a fucking crime worth docking serious points over?

Youve hit the nail right on the head sir, you know what was the most depressing thing said about a JRPG that Ive heard?

I was playing the demo for Final Fantasy 13 while my Girlfriend,best friend, and his housemate watched. the house mate said this-

Him-"I was hyped for final fantasy,but after seeing this im not"
Me-"Why not?"

Him-"The fighting should been done like how they had done it in Fall Out 3"

at that moment I lost all faith in American Gamers-its gotta be about the guns doesnt it?

This. All of it. Not that I mind games like Fallout 3 or Bayonetta/DMC, but not every game has to have those fast-paced mechanics. Some of us still enjoy the tactical turn-based battles. This is part of why I'm so psyched for FF 13, it looks to be a perfect melding of both styles.

so true, for guys like me who don enjoy FF12 new ATB style, i prefer the good old turn base system, since on the bright side, i can go do my business without returning to see a few corpse, a game over screen or 2 on my telly
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
Dark_linis said:
Blondie987 said:
i read somewhere here on gbatemp that the guy who was going to dump glory of heracles wanted to give everyone time to play sands of destruction.
this blew my mind.

what kinda screwed up logic is that. he should just dump it
If he doesn't dump it, then what's there stopping someone else from doing it?
Unless every single release group has a boner for SoD...
unsure.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well yeah, thats a good question lol. But sometimes games take a lot of time to get dumped. I've been waiting since monday for this game so if it takes a little longer its ok, i've waited enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back