Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one has bought and dumped this already. I SAW it at the store yesterday, but I couldn't afford to buy it.

gaeanprayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicksun said:
I see the only review in gametrailers , and they score the game with 8.2 sooo where u are saying the page who score it with 6.8 ?

The gametrailers score was originally 6.8, and was recently changed to 8.2 for some unknown reason.

Not that it should matter, I intend to play the game either way and form my own opinion. I encourage others to do the same.

If you wait someone else to tell you it's okay to enjoy something, you're going to let a lot of life go by.

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
gaeanprayer said:
magicksun said:
I see the only review in gametrailers , and they score the game with 8.2 sooo where u are saying the page who score it with 6.8 ?

The gametrailers score was originally 6.8, and was recently changed to 8.2 for some unknown reason.

Not that it should matter, I intend to play the game either way and form my own opinion. I encourage others to do the same.

If you wait someone else to tell you it's okay to enjoy something, you're going to let a lot of life go by.

we are soo inocent maybe nintendo pay a plus to game trailes sooo they change the score!

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
magicksun said:
gaeanprayer said:
magicksun said:

we are soo inocent maybe nintendo pay a plus to game trailes sooo they change the score!

You know what's awesome? They forgot to "change" ( cough ) the score here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=6760

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
I MUST HAVE GLORY OF HERACLES!
wub.gif

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gah i hate to say this.
glory of heracles must be mine. haha

also,reviewers seem to not be very happy with this game.
thats ok with me though.
i like to listen to the people about a game.
ign.com for example their reviews for alot of the games are low,but reader reviews always give the game a higher score.
so i dont trust it.
but i do like to read reviews

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Ha, I don't think I've read a review in about 5 years. And it's been a few years since I last watched a trailer! Suddenly they started containing lots of spoilers. ANYWAY, still looking forward to a dump of the US version. If my Japanese was any better I'd love to have finished the game already

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I wonder we'll see a dump today. By how things look maybe it will be until tomorrow.

And I don't like reviews either, you can never know if you're gonna like a game if you dont try it for yourself.

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
Ha, I don't think I've read a review in about 5 years. And it's been a few years since I last watched a trailer! Suddenly they started containing lots of spoilers. ANYWAY, still looking forward to a dump of the US version. If my Japanese was any better I'd love to have finished the game already

haha i started it with the translation patch
thought it was decent minus not being able to tell what was going on.
and spoilers always SUCK!

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Reviews are just opinions, not an absolute truth.

Reviewers are human-beings just like me and all of you, that's why we can't give much credit for it. It's good to see a video review, so you will be able to understand a little more about the game but that's all.

Bad thing for the reviewers can be a good thing for you, for example:
Reviewers are always saying bad things about "random encounters" in RPGs and they will give a lower score because of it (they think it's an outdated system) but I actually don't think it's a bad thing and I prefer random encounters than what we saw in Chrono Trigger.

Valatros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to push the thread back on topic or anything, but how DOES the combat system in this game work? Turn based menus, or what? I'd watch a trailer, but I prefer to avoid spoilers and the like...

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
grimtooth said:
yeah, so when you havn't played the game but you keep talking about how good it is, it doesn't make sense right?
that's why im saying: wait, somebody who played the game wasn't too excited about it. maybe you should stop the hyping and play it first.

I played the patched version -only till you get the Eris, i'm waiting for the U version to enjoy even more the game- and i can say i find it good, if someone liked DQ IV / V i'm pretty sure will like this game.

Everybody get hype all the time for almost any game, why this must be an exception? Is bad to say that a game is good without play it before, but also is bad say is a bad game without try it first before. But i understand your point about all the excitement, just let's wait and see.

To Valatros:

The game use the turn based menu: Attack, magic, skill, item, etc... But the magic of the combat come when you cast a spell or when an ability from your equipment come to scene that's make the battles fun and smooth. Wacth out for the red screen before any fight that's means pain in the butt -some tough enemies-.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SectionX said:
um so why are all the crappy games dumped but not this one yet =//

Because the crappy games are worth crap, and this game is just too awesome to dump. (JK) Dump should be around this week.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed with reviews on this the few that exist in particular the IGN one has the wrong person evaluating the game so it can't get a fair score. It appears they put little children who can't get by their own personal bias and micro sized epenis either. The common bitching I see is 'archaic turn based combat' and 'random encounters' being the huge problems why the game sucks. Why the fuck do you put someone on a classic JRPG who has these feelings about RPGs on the whole? People who think close minded like this and piss and whine have been spoiled by western rpgs where you see like 10 kobolds in the distance and you make a move on them, whereas this game uses the traditional Japanese setup of random encounters. Since when is random encounters and being turn based a fucking crime worth docking serious points over?

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Vampire Hunter D, Since Final Fantasy XII.
That said I completely agree with you, there's no reason that random encounters and turn based combat should lower the score of a game just because the reviewer doesn't like them.

P.S. Nice job getting that name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night