Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
While these theories are fun and easy to think up, getting back out of them safely is much more difficult. From what ive read and studied (I have done a lot BTW, ill explain if prodded) there is almost no way of breaking that kind of reality, and if you manage to do so, you realize that you are living in a falsified universe where everything is tainted by false truths.

Well in the first Matrix film, one of the characters wants to go back into the Matrix. It's all "lies" but it's a satisfying universe compared to the shithole they lived in.

I often jerk off on this movie but The Truman Show kinda explores this concept. In the end, Christof (the show's director) gives Truman the choice to leave his fictional reality or stay. The fictional reality, however, is ideal. There's no suffering, no crime, and is generally better than the real world.

Like would you rather live in ignorant bliss in a false reality or in complete truth in a worse reality? Like if you realized that everything was fake around you, wouldn't you feel better just not knowing that.

hnnnngggghhhh my head blew up.
I was watching the Matrix the other day on TV and have also seen The Truman Show, surprisingly I really liked it. What I learned from them is that the saying 'ignorance is bliss' is very true. The simulation is giving you the best possible life with no problems.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
So if the theory holds true, then "the man" controlling the germans simualation created hitler, made him commit genocide, then awarded the european union a nobel peace prize a few decades later, and only to have german nerds create a theory saying they basically had no control over any of the past events??? That's a pretty ridiculous sense of irony that these creators have going on :D

If this was a complete simulation, then the higher civs are hands-off of things. The "engine" is sufficiently advanced enough to "randomly generate" a person's behavior at "birth". Think of this like... oh, Sims 3. When Hitler got generated by the engine, it randomized his traits and ended up with "Evil", "Genius", "Short Tempered", and others of the sort. Then the Sim "Hitler" would randomly act on itself based on these protocols or "traits".

Try creating a Sim with all negative traits and then watching what it does. It's fun, but they don't usually live long. They often die horrible deaths, lol.

EDIT: I just had an epiphany. What if God is actually a higher civ that is just "simulating" us, hence the hands-off policy that makes him look like an absentee landlord? I wish Sims can pray to the players. I know I'd be a benevolent, if a bit of mischievous, god. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is true, then every iteration of a simulation would have to abide by the laws of the previous simulation, so the limits to energy would get more limited every simulation, no? (because of the energy used by the simulation itself?) or am I getting this wrong?

Reactions: 1 person

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

I just hope the purpose of our simulation isn't "observing impacts of large rocks with inhabited planets."

Reactions: 4 people

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Are we NPC with AI in a video game (Star Ocean 3)? or actual player's mind projected into that game (Matrix)?

lol you loggout when you die
then everyone around you once your out "the game we made was too addictive, it began when we created a game called World of Warcraft, we even added the early alpha version to the game you just where playing, were logging everyone out slowly but more and more people keep hacking in because they cant stand this world anymore"

Reactions: 1 person

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1dd48075-893e-4cfb-8e5d-7dda7525de48.jpg

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh well like the top cow series artifacts I prefer a reset of the matrix lol lol.
I like the what if ? but hence life is too complicated to start wondering what if or what are we.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're living in a Matrix-like simulation, then surely the existence of the Matrix Reloaded and the Matrix Revolutions is proof that the designers hate us.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're just a simulated reality, does that make it less than reality. Who cares if we are, all I know is that I'm here, right now, and I'm me, and no one else. I perceive with 5 senses, and I can interact with the world around me. Why should I care if my reality is only a simulation? It feels pretty real to me, so therefore it is my reality, and I am content with that.

EDIT: I wonder what happens if they need to reboot the super computer?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're just a simulated reality, does that make it less than reality. Who cares if we are, all I know is that I'm here, right now, and I'm me, and no one else. I perceive with 5 senses, and I can interact with the world around me. Why should I care if my reality is only a simulation? It feels pretty real to me, so therefore it is my reality, and I am content with that.

EDIT: I wonder what happens if they need to reboot the super computer?
If that is a question, yes it actually does. Its really interesting and deep but being deceived by all 5 senses actually skews the truth value of the entire world and how we perceive it.

Regardless, I dont believe we are in a "simulated reality".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them