1. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    It is 'free' for Switch online members though, hence the Temp giving it a bit of recognition. Fully deserved though! (is this the one that has a picture of a dog pissing against a lamppost?! Made me laff!) Fully agreed on the GB game, released around the same time if I remember - if anything that game is even better! Not agreed with whoever mentioned Picmi though - OK as a freebie, but just doesn't feel right compared to the Nintendo published ones (same goes for the myriad of ad-ridden mobile phone games)
    And to whoever said if Picross 3D counts - no it fukkin doesn't, but that's also a great game!

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    why would they it's promoting their shit?

3. Worldblender

Worldblender GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was the one who mentioned Picmi in an earlier post. Can you explain to me which part(s) don't feel right compared to the Nintendo versions? I'm sure that they could all be fixed by code and/or assets, but part of that is due to me striving to avoid proprietary software if there are decent FOSS alternatives.

4. Spidey_BR

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I'm all in for foss and open source, but I have to give it to Nintendo for their UX work is almost always impeccable. Piccross 3D and 3D 2 were amazing.

5. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    and then there's picross touch on steam that is free and has online sharing of puzzles for other people to play.

Worldblender likes this.
  6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

I remember as a kid finding a NEW Mario game in the local market and rushing home all excited to play it with the universal adapter only to be presented with....this.....I was more than a bit disappointed and didn't appreciate it, but now im kinda keen on the odd game of picross (even the little Easter egg version hidden in the android build screen), but as a kid I was very upset that it wasn't some super brand new Mario game that was only released in japan

Last edited by gamesquest1, Nov 22, 2020 at 12:52 AM
  7. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I know. It's Nintendo we're talking about and they took down fan-made stuff like games.

8. mightymuffy

United Kingdom
    There's no real answer to this, hence the italics used when I mentioned 'feels' - it's similar to when certain people slag off emulators, refusing to play them on anything other than the real thing.... Picmi does everything right, but like the Android games, like the Sunsoft published games on PS1 etc, like even the Switch 3rd party games, Picross just feels, sorry, feels better when Nintendo does it (even though many of those games are actually made by Bullet Proof Software! :lol:)

Worldblender likes this.
  9. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Actually, they are made by Jupiter. Amazing quality designer. I'm always looking forward to their next release. Picross S5 is just around the corner now. :grog: I'm addicted to mega-picross now. Regular picross almost seems too easy.

Worldblender and mightymuffy like this.
  10. mightymuffy

United Kingdom
    Ouch, you're right! BPS did Tetris games - senior moment there muffy!! :lol::blush:

Dust2dust likes this.
  11. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I also played Kemono Friends Picross, I guess you can call the drawings you uncover "very Japanese", I even got a bit prudish when I saw some of those characters in their beastly short outfits...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Recommends, GBAtemp, Picross