Homebrew GBARunner2

D

Deleted User

Compatibility list seems to have mistakes about some games...
@tejadaX
This doesn´t surprise me. I don´t have time for a complete playthrough. This is a task for the community.
Everyone can help improve GBARunners2´s performance!

About your issues with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I tested them with my moddified M3 simply DS Flashcard on a phat Nintendo DS model.
It is now basically a R4 Card, the same that Gericom uses for testing.
I recommend you look at the twilight menu setting. Perhaps you can get it to work.
Always use the arm7 version, the arm9 are mostly for (DS) Flashcard. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire work with the regular build, crash with the cache version.

@Ziko Sounds interesting! Could you please upload your save files? We can take a look at it and maybe fix the games in future updates!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Alexander1970

tejadaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@tejadaX
This doesn´t surprise me. I don´t have time for a complete playthrough. This is a task for the community.

About your issues with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I tested them with my moddified M3 simply DS Flashcard on a phat Nintendo DS model.
I recommend you look at the twilight menu setting. Perhaps you can get it to work.
Always use the arm7 version, the arm9 are mostly for (DS) Flashcard. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire work with the regular build, crash with the cache version.

@Ziko Sounds interesting! Could you please upload your save files? We can take a look at it and maybe fix the games in future updates!
How do I change to arm7 version? In GBARunner there´s some kind of option icon I just keep touching with no results... help please!

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind looking at F-Zero: GP Legend? There's some graphical garbage early into a race that works itself out after 20 seconds or so of gameplay. It is not tragic but should be easy to reproduce.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tejadaX

I only have the save for IV and I didn't back it up from V but I can say it happened about 2-3 hours in after I got the Monk class so it's easily reproducible. I'll also note that these games were tested with and without some QoL patches and the same results were produced. The only patches I used for IV were for the larger font and a decensor patch though the latter wasn't really necessary as well as to restore the original soundtrack. V also had a sound restoration and a larger font patch applied. The games worked alright until the bugs were found.

Attachments

• Final Fantasy IV Game Save.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

@Ziko Indeed, Final Fantasy 4 Advance freezes after you pass through Devil's Road. I tested several build, same results.
I will update the Final Fantasy 4 & 5 entry in the wiki.

Edit: Below is a save file for Final Fantasy 5 Advance (E). You start at the Wind tempel, early in the game.

Attachments

• Final Fantasy V Advance (E) Game Save.zip
    882 bytes · Views: 180
Last edited by ,
Reactions: Gericom

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks. I
@Ziko Indeed, Final Fantasy 4 Advance freezes after you pass through Devil's Road. I tested several build, same results.
I will update the Final Fantasy 4 & 5 entry in the wiki.

Edit: Below is a save file for Final Fantasy 5 Advance (E). You start at the Wind tempel, early in the game.

Thanks for this! I can attempt to reproduce the bug I encountered and report back.

I just did a test with the save given and it still has the Kick bug without any of the extra patches applied.

Last edited by Ziko, , Reason: Details

GoldieGamingYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi guys,

I am presenting you a new way to play gba games on your ds from your slot 1 card (r4, dstwo etc.).

It works a bit like gbaemu4ds, but it's made from scratch, almost completely in assembly and much cleaner. (And I didn't know gbaemu4ds used the same idea I had until I had a working base tbh) I am still optimizing everything, and mainly the abort handler, by using self-modifying code and large jump tables.
Compared to gbaemu4ds, gbarunner2 has almost no sprite glitches, better sound and games run better overall.

Only SRAM is supported, so patching is required if your rom uses EEPROM or FLASH. The save is not written to your sd card, I'll be implementing that later on (just like a gui and stuff)

Github: https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2

If you want to try it out:
1. Make sure you have devkitpro installed
2. Download the git repo
3. Run make in the root
4. Make sure your sd card is fat32 formatted
5. Put a gba bios as bios.bin in the root of your sd card
6. Put Gbarunner2.nds on your sd card
7. SRAM patch your gba rom with gbata if needed
8. Put the rom as runner.gba in the root of your sd
9. Run gbarunner2.nds

I would like to know which games work and which don't (and on which version of gbarunner2, aka commit)

Put your findings here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2
You suppose to have the GBA bios in the root of your sd or else it will just say bios not found
File name of bios:
bios.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You suppose to have the GBA bios in the root of your sd or else it will just say bios not found
File name of bios:
bios.bin
But where do I find one?

sobralense

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
File name of bios:
bios.bin

But where do I find one?

You can find the bios searching the CRC on google or duckduckgo.
Check the documentation, you can find it here:

Bios checksums
A valid bios should have the following checksums:

• CRC32: 81977335
  • MD5: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6
  • SHA1: 300c20df6731a33952ded8c436f7f186d25d3492
  • SHA256: fd2547724b505f487e6dcb29ec2ecff3af35a841a77ab2e85fd87350abd36570
Just search for the CRC or other checksum and you'll may find at the second link or so.
Don't forget to rename to bios.bin and follow the github instructions.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
File name of bios:
bios.bin

But where do I find one?

Hello.:)

Please use a search engine like google with the term "gba bios.bin"

Thank you.:)

Reactions: GoldieGamingYT
D

Deleted User

Did you follow every step on the first page? Did you check for any unsupported rom intros?
If you did, then you are probably out of options..
I can start,play and save Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (E) without much of an issue. I got to the next town.
In fact,Pokemon Emerald (E) is the only non playable Pokemon game for me.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Alexander1970

tejadaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did you follow every step on the first page? Did you check for any unsupported rom intros?
I can start,play and save Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (E) without much of an issue. I got to the next town.
I checked the compatibility list, I did all the steps correctly (I think so),... no results. And I´m talking about Ruby/Sapphire.

Last edited by tejadaX,

tejadaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Btw, I´m using TwilightMenu from a SD card, and I don´t know if I´m doing it alright. How do I change to arm7?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, I´m using TwilightMenu from a SD card, and I don´t know if I´m doing it alright. How do I change to arm7?
Just replace the builds in "sd:/_nds".
TWiLight Menu++ already includes the arm7 builds for SD card use, but the included builds probably aren't the latest.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone