Homebrew GBARunner2

D

Deleted User

Okay just to play it safe i'll just wait until someone does a video tutorial on how to do this because i'm completely lost & don't want to delve into it further without assistance.
That´s fine and all but you are going to wait a long time.
In the meantime, watch this Video of GBArunner2 somebody posted on Youtube.

Reactions: Hidetora

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One more question what is the git repo?Sorry for the multiple questions but i am new to this & wanna make sure i'm doing everything right.

repo
Repo is a tool built on top of Git. Repo helps manage many Git repositories, does the uploads to revision control systems, and automates parts of the development workflow. Repo is not meant to replace Git, only to make it easier to work with Git. The repo command is an executable Python script that you can put anywhere in your path.

I found this via a google search. I´m not sure if this is right.
A git repo is just the source code and the revision history of it.
Ooops well mind sending him the message then?
XD
I'm reading this too :P.

dsaltiveri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello Gericom, than you very much for your great work!

Do you think that it will be difficult to implement old gameboy sounds in the futur?

Last edited by dsaltiveri,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Gericom, than you very much for your great work!

Do you think that it will be difficult to implement old gameboy sounds in the futur?
Nah, not difficult per se. I have to investigate how it should work (look at existing gb emulator for ds or so) and make it so that when the sound registers are written their value is passed to the arm7 (easy part :P). The gb sound channels have quite a number of features all of which need to be emulated since the ds sound channels are simpler/different/made for different purpose.

Reactions: dsaltiveri

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realistically speaking, will GBARunner2 ever be able to run games satisfactorily enough?

With the recent DSi developments it'd be great to have quasi-native support.

ginganguly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would love to try this out, but I'm stuggling with the instructions.
I'm assuming you need linux via windows 10 developer to 'Run make in the root'?
Anyway a bit too complicated for me.
Do you think there will eventually be a revised/converted rom set eventually doing the rounds?

Does anyone have 1198-Namco Museum converted that they could help me out with (pm)?
Thanks

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devkitpro gives you everything you need. You need to look at a "getting started" tutorial for devkitpro to get to the point where you have a terminal, then just follow the instructions here.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Realistically speaking, will GBARunner2 ever be able to run games satisfactorily enough?

With the recent DSi developments it'd be great to have quasi-native support.
It already runs lots of games pretty good.
Would love to try this out, but I'm stuggling with the instructions.
I'm assuming you need linux via windows 10 developer to 'Run make in the root'?
Anyway a bit too complicated for me.
Do you think there will eventually be a revised/converted rom set eventually doing the rounds?

Does anyone have 1198-Namco Museum converted that they could help me out with (pm)?
Thanks
There are builds on the wiki which you can download. (Maybe the first post should be updated :))

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It already runs lots of games pretty good.

I know, and not to diminish anyone's work, GBARunner2 is absolutely amazing, but will it ever be on par with Nintendont for example?
or similar to the native hardware?

GBA is the missing piece when it comes to the DSi.

Disturbo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
disturbo.me
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I have recently bought an R4i RTS and I've been trying to get GBARunner set up, but without much (or any) success. I am not able to download devkitpro for some unknown reason, and about all of the precompiled versions have been tried, and the only results I get are either two white screens with a LOADN IO LIBRARY message or a red screen in the top and a white one in the bottom with the same message. Any idea of why/what is happening? Attached is what my root looks like. I have been trying to run Mario Kart Super Circuit all this time.

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 249

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear