Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally implemented proper centering and masking. It's currently on the capture_center_mask branch. I'm gonna merge it later.
JPEG_20170717_131808.jpg

I attached a build of this new version below. Normally use the arm9dldi version. If it doesn't work, try the arm7dldi version.

Attachments

• GBARunner2_arm7dldi.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • GBARunner2_arm9dldi.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,249

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh @Dodain47 I noticed that some games that run slow run at full speed with the music turned off in the ingame options. For example donkey kong country 3.

D

Deleted User

Ha! That reminds me of the old times with my first PC (133 Mhrz). I had to massively reduce Audio/Image quality to get Snes9x to perform Super Metroid at a playable speed.

Reactions: hectortillo

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I thought. The reason it works is that the gba does software mixing of sound channels which is quite cpu heavy.
Would it be at all feasible to detect software channel mixing and replace it with utilising the extra sound hardware available on the ds?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be at all feasible to detect software channel mixing and replace it with utilising the extra sound hardware available on the ds?
Well, I have been thinking about that. But lots of games use different engines. So that would mean a lot of patches for a lot of different games

Reactions: Roboman

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know which version of gba runner im supposed to use with an ace3ds plus? I tried the latest posted on the wiki as well as the ones on page 32 and 30 but they all go to a red screen on top and a white screen on the bottom with the message BINFS> - revolution for DS (v2) aB aB aB aB. My sd card is fat32 16GB and i have the right gba bios checked the md5 and it is the the folder GBA on root. I'm going to assume my flashcart is not compatible?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know which version of gba runner im supposed to use with an ace3ds plus? I tried the latest posted on the wiki as well as the ones on page 32 and 30 but they all go to a red screen on top and a white screen on the bottom with the message BINFS> - revolution for DS (v2) aB aB aB aB. My sd card is fat32 16GB and i have the right gba bios checked the md5 and it is the the folder GBA on root. I'm going to assume my flashcart is not compatible?
Try this.

Reactions: lonewolf08

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster size should be 4096 bytes.
So with the ace3ds plus tried both cluster sizes and same thing, so I decided to try with a WiFi r4i rts 3ds and I get the same screens but with a different message, it says BINFS IO library. this one is a 32gb fat32 32k cluster and I tried all the latest gbarunner arm 9, arm 7 and no dldi. So any idea or just not compatible?

Edit: I also tried the .nds you said to try.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the ace3ds plus tried both cluster sizes and same thing, so I decided to try with a WiFi r4i rts 3ds and I get the same screens but with a different message, it says BINFS IO library. this one is a 32gb fat32 32k cluster and I tried all the latest gbarunner arm 9, arm 7 and no dldi. So any idea or just not compatible?

Edit: I also tried the .nds you said to try.
Probably not compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, wdym