Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The multiplayer will be compatible with NiFi? it should be easy to do, most emulators on the DS can play multiplayer with NiFi
Why do people think this uses internet. Wifi is just a standard for sending wireless data packets. In this case Wifi packets are send directly to the other ds. No router or internet involved. It does not use nifi, as it works differently and is not really suited for gba multiplayer (such as that slaves can only send to the master and not to each other).

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why do people think this uses internet. Wifi is just a standard for sending wireless data packets. In this case Wifi packets are send directly to the other ds. No router or internet involved. It does not use nifi, as it works differently and is not really suited for gba multiplayer (such as that slaves can only send to the master and not to each other).

To avoid confusion and if you don't mind, I suggest you to name it to something more familiar. How about "Wireless Link Cable" or "Virtual Link Cable"? That would make it sound like what it really is :P

Last edited by DSoryu,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The ds lite wifi led does not automatically flash, I have to enable the flashing pattern manually (so it does not represent actual data being send or received).
Could you verify that the whole file is using single line endings (the \n character)? It may give problems if it doesn't. You can also send me the file on discord so I can check it.

Thank you it works now !!!!!! Great work,Thank you !! :):yaysp::yay:

The A0 was always 20.

Thank you @Gericom

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

P1320379.JPG P1320380.JPG P1320381.JPG

Sorry I forget to Post the solution:

As suggested by @Gericom please check your gbarunner2.ini (located on your SD Card on the Root in the Folder _gba)
with an Hex Editor of the following bytes:

JQlaIx5.png

In my case instead of 0A is was 20 - instead of Line End it was Space.
Please change this and save it.Then it should work.
(maybe you have to go in and out of the multiplayer link menu a couple of times on both Devices before it works).

And here the Video Manual from @Gericom again:

Good Luck and many,many thanks to @Gericom :)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Gericom, any progress on getting the Classic NES & Famicom Mini games working on this yet? I tried it again recently and it still doesn't boot. I really want to play Nazo no Murasamejou & Shin Onigashima as those are the few FDS games that I haven't gotten around to. I emulated the former and never played the latter.

pgattic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pgattic.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Hey Gericom, any progress on getting the Classic NES & Famicom Mini games working on this yet? I tried it again recently and it still doesn't boot. I really want to play Nazo no Murasamejou & Shin Onigashima as those are the few FDS games that I haven't gotten around to. I emulated the former and never played the latter.

Hey did you try anti-piracy-check patching them first? the patches can be found here: https://filetrip.net/f/26544-ClassicNES_FamicomMini_fix.zip. This may or may not solve your problem (i havent tested these yet).

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Hey did you try anti-piracy-check patching them first? the patches can be found here: https://filetrip.net/f/26544-ClassicNES_FamicomMini_fix.zip. This may or may not solve your problem (i havent tested these yet).

I didn't know there were patches, but as how these are run in the GBA, I supose it will take a while for those to be compatible.

I recommend you to give a read here, is pretty interesting, and makes me wonder how such compatibility could be added to GBARunner2: https://mgba.io/2014/12/28/classic-nes/

Last edited by DSoryu,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've done some improvements on the wireless linking. In this release more games should at least do something when you try to link. The bios now also responds when you try to do single pack play, but the actual download process does not work yet as it seems and the bios freezes on a yellow/orange nintendo logo.
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2/releases/tag/v20190828-152520_1feb573

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've done some improvements on the wireless linking. In this release more games should at least do something when you try to link. The bios now also responds when you try to do single pack play, but the actual download process does not work yet as it seems and the bios freezes on a yellow/orange nintendo logo.
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2/releases/tag/v20190828-152520_1feb573

Hello.:)

Thank you,this Build works more better,conneting established on first/second Try(s).
Very good improvement.

I will test this build later on the DSi.
It works only on two DS Lites at the moment for me.:)

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@Gericom

I have no luck.

I have tried 2 DSi´s and 1 DSi XL with latest TWiLight Menu and your latest WiFi Build in every combination.

What I have noticed:

- When i go into the Connection Screen BOTH DSis Wifi LEDs flashes TWO TIMES.
- When I leave the Screen on both devices with B button the WiFi LEDs flashes also TWO TIMES.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom

I have no luck.

I have tried 2 DSi´s and 1 DSi XL with latest TWiLight Menu and your latest WiFi Build in every combination.

What I have noticed:

- When i go into the Connection Screen BOTH DSis Wifi LEDs flashes TWO TIMES.
- When I leave the Screen on both devices with B button the WiFi LEDs flashes also TWO TIMES.

Are you sure your ini file is correct and with proper line endings and such.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Are you sure your ini file is correct and with proper line endings and such.
Yes I checked it every time when

- I change the MAC Adress (checked it with the HEX Editor).
- Every time when i do something on the SD Card
- Every time when I am in the Settings

:sad:

Attached is the File I have used at last.

Attachments

• gbarunner2.zip
    215 bytes · Views: 159

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I checked it every time when

- I change the MAC Adress (checked it with the HEX Editor).
- Every time when i do something on the SD Card
- Every time when I am in the Settings

:sad:

Attached is the File I have used at last.

Remember that the mac addresses will be gone if you go in and out of the settings menu. I'll check the file tomorrow.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well i miss a step...

6bed575e72d69aabb061aa33be9e91d9o.jpg

The same gbarunner2.ini file
Games test.

But the point connection... I give Up.

Thats sad to hear.:(
But I can comprehend this....
I still can not connect two DSi´s or a DS Lite and a DSi.

Please read all the last posts and check of this.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-94#post-8768597

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-96#post-8770068

- every time you go into Settings,the File is altered and maybe not working anymore.
- please check the gbarunner2.ini File of the correct Line ending with an Hex Editor.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, having to change the settings file (which is parsed in a very simple way, and not meant to be edited by hand) is not really nice. Eventually you will be able to pair two (probably more later) dses using an ingame menu (without the need of mac addresses or whatsoever). I attached that sample ini to my post before so you could simply open that in visual studio code for example and edit it. That should give the fewest issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-