NGPAdvance: UNDF Error.

GGameboy Advanced: UNDF Error.

PocketNES: Infinite BIOS Loop.

Well, maybe in the Future.:P

D

Deleted User

Tested with Soundbranch Version 2017/01/05:

Final Fight ONE (E):
I played through the first Area. Full Speed. Good Audio. The Sounds generated by the z80 chip are missing. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

Gekido Advance (E): Full Speed. Some Slowdown during Cutscenes. Audio is very slow, stuttery and has some Noise. Better turn it off. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

Shining Soul (U): I fought some Monsters in the first Section of the Game. Full Speed. Good Audio with some stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Screen is busy with loading the Area. Very Playable.

Shining Soul 2 (E): I defeated the Enemy in the Intro Battle. Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Screen is busy with loading the Area. Very Playable.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (E): I rescued Zelda. Full Speed. Good Audio. Sometimes the Audio becomes distorted. Switch to the Menu and the Audio returns to normal. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (E)&(U): Sram patching required. In both Versions the Game freezes during the Introcutscene. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some gfx Glitches. Unplayable.

Kudos to you Gericom! :grog: We already have a lot Games that are fully playable. :yaynds:

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested with Soundbranch Version 2017/01/05:

Final Fight ONE (E):
I played through the first Area. Full Speed. Good Audio. The Sounds generated by the z80 chip are missing. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

Gekido Advance (E): Full Speed. Some Slowdown during Cutscenes. Audio is very slow, stuttery and has some Noise. Better turn it off. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

Shining Soul (U): I fought some Monsters in the first Section of the Game. Full Speed. Good Audio with some stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Screen is busy with loading the Area. Very Playable.

Shining Soul 2 (E): I defeated the Enemy in the Intro Battle. Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Screen is busy with loading the Area. Very Playable.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (E): I rescued Zelda. Full Speed. Good Audio. Sometimes the Audio becomes distorted. Switch to the Menu and the Audio returns to normal. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (E)&(U): Sram patching required. In both Versions the Game freezes during the Introcutscene. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some gfx Glitches. Unplayable.

Kudos to you Gericom! :grog: We already have a lot Games that are fully playable. :yaynds:
Thanks! Your testing is really useful too. I have found some gba testbench roms, and I found out there are still some issues with some 16 bit alignment. I am gonna try to improve that. These kind of things can be very important for compatibility (I had another alignment issue before that fixed quite some games)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I've committed some improvements. 16 bit unaligned accesses are now done mostly correct by the abort handler (accesses that don't go though the handler are still not correct of course). I've also introduced gba bios protection. This fixes some games as games tend to try to read from bios when they have a null pointer. I've also fixed a bug with dma and addresses that are not writeable on the gba < 0x02000000. In gbarunner2 it would overwrite the bios and the abort handler.

I've merged the sound improve branch into master, so that's the arm9 read branch now. Master has been merged into the arm7 branch aswell, so it has those fixes too.

Games that didn't work before should be retested. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror works now for example.

This is the latest build from master (2286ea0):

Attachments

• GBARunner2.zip
    16 KB · Views: 534

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your Twloader and side CIA,the DLDI driver is back, not to mention the recent changelog mentions fixing gbarunner.

D

Deleted User

Here are the Games I testet today with the Tested with Soundbranch Version 2017/01/05:

Pokemon Pinball (E): I tested both Tables with slow Ball Speed. Full Speed. Audio has some Slowdown, Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game is busy reloading the Screen to keep up with the Ball. Very Playable.

Pokemon Leaf Green (U): I arrived at Vivian city. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game slows down before and during Battle. Playable.

Pokemon Fire Red (U): I arrived at Vivian city. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game slows down before and during Battle. Sram Patching required. Playable.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team (E): I defeated a few Enemies in the First Dungeon. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game is busy reloading the Screen to keep up with the Player. Very Playable.

Pokemon Ruby (E): I played until Oldale Town. Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Sometimes the Audiotiming is a bit off. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

From now on I will use the new merged Gbarunner Version for testing.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are the Games I testet today with the Tested with Soundbranch Version 2017/01/05:

Pokemon Pinball (E): I tested both Tables with slow Ball Speed. Full Speed. Audio has some Slowdown, Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game is busy reloading the Screen to keep up with the Ball. Very Playable.

Pokemon Leaf Green (U): I arrived at Vivian city. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game slows down before and during Battle. Playable.

Pokemon Fire Red (U): I arrived at Vivian city. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game slows down before and during Battle. Sram Patching required. Playable.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team (E): I defeated a few Enemies in the First Dungeon. Almost Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game is busy reloading the Screen to keep up with the Player. Very Playable.

Pokemon Ruby (E): I played until Oldale Town. Full Speed. Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Sometimes the Audiotiming is a bit off. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

From now on I will use the new merged Gbarunner Version for testing.
Maybe we should have some additional colors on the wiki. Like games that don't even boot, games that boot, but freeze somewhere, games that are very slow/laggy/glitched up and games that work very well or something.

Reactions: AlterEgo
D

Deleted User

Games tested with the Merged Branch Version 2017/01/08/:

Castlevania Circle of the Moon (E): I played through the Intro Dungeon. Some Slowdown. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game runs a bit faster now. Playable.

F-Zero Maximum Velocity (U): The Racetrack is invisible. Good Audio with some stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. Unplayable.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (E): Many Gfx Glitches. Good Audio with some Noise and Stuttering. You can hardly see whats going on. Unplayable

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (E):
I defeated the First Boss. Much Slowdown. Good Audio. Sometimes the Audio has much Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. Playable.

Super Mario Bros 3 - Super Mario Advance 4 (U):
The Game freezes on the Map Screen. The Music keeps on playing and Mario respawns on the right Side of the Screen. Unplayable.

Metroid Fusion (U): No Audio. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game freezes during the Introduction. Unplayable.

Metroid Zero Mission (E): Good Speed. No Audio. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game freezes after collecting the Morphball. Unplayable.

Silent Hill: Playing Novel (J): The FMV Intro is missing. Good Audio. Some Gfx Glitches. Very Playable.

Tales of Phantasia (E): The Game freezes after starting a new File. I received an UNDF Error.

Wario Land 4 (UE):
Full Speed. Very Good Audio. The Game freezes after activating the Switch to leave the Level. Unplayable.

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (E): Good Audio with some Noise and stuttering. Some Gfx Glitches. The Game freezes during the Introcutscene. Sram patching required. Unplayable.

Yggdra Union (U)&(J): Good Audio with some Noise and a lot stuttering. Many Gfx Glitches on Screen. In the US Version Game the Game freezes in the Valley. The US Version has that AUNK Error 00000000 on the Touchscreen. It looks like the Game is searching for Instructions. In the Japanese Version the Game freezes shortly before entering Battle. Unplayable.

Well adding more Colors to better differentiate the Games is a good Idea. I don´t know how to add it to the Wiki though.

Last edited by ,

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never made any DS homebrew from source so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I made the nds file and put it in the root calling it runner.nds while also putting the gba bio's calling it bios.bin. Though when I run it from my R4 Gold 3DS RTS it simply shows a red screen and a white screen at the bottom with message saying TEST.

Trying to run it from a Nintendo DSi

Last edited by Boured,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Never made any DS homebrew from source so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I made the nds file and put it in the root calling it runner.nds while also putting the gba bio's calling it bios.bin. Though when I run it from my R4 Gold 3DS RTS it simply shows a red screen and a white screen at the bottom with message saying TEST.

Don't you have a GBA rom named runner.gba that you're trying to execute?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have a GBA rom named runner.gba that you're trying to execute?

This is what my root looks like, does it look correct?

Cause it still freezes at the same screen

4615f3737a.png

Last edited by Boured,
D

Deleted User

4615f3737a.png
[/QUOTE]
This is what my root looks like, does it look correct?

Cause it still freezes at the same screen

4615f3737a.png

Your Setup works for me. Did you check if your SD Card is fat32 formated?

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Check if your sd card is fat32 with 4kb clusters. If it is, try the arm 7 branch

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Dodain47 I found out some roms crash because they had release intros attached to them. The code of it is at the end of the rom; a part that is not executable (yet), because it's not loaded in the ds memory. You might want to try your roms in an emulator on pc first to see if they have an intro. If they have you can try removing it with gbata. The european Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance works for example after removing the intro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over