Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Quget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aww too bad well Medabots rpg Rokushio Version on Slow runs 100% :) on my 3ds
^^ Can't wait for sound support :P
Sounds makes the game better so I will wait :D and keep an eye on this thread :)

Quget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aww man D: How is that :s?
Ohh well Then I wait so long :P
I mean this is like the best emulation project for the ds :P
I wish I could help :/ But I program games I don't really understand this. So many memory things...(Looked into the source)

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't get this working on my Acekard 2i and DSLite :(.

Every time I launch a ROM, I get an ARM error or an Unknown OP error.
I can't see any options to disable IRQ Hooks, so maybe that's it. Also, I'm using the latest version so which .nds file do I launch for Pokemon Ruby?

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India

I can't see any options to disable IRQ Hooks, so maybe that's it. Also, I'm using the latest version so which .nds file do I launch for Pokemon Ruby?
hmm...it seems that you are running the us version of pokemon. You need the europe one.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could help :/ But I program games I don't really understand this. So many memory things...(Looked into the source)
While you wait you could pick up a DSTwo, which has almost-fullspeed emulation with sound and stuff.

But yeah this is a very impressive project. I don't even use it, but I check this thread for interesting updates.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK I understand what you say but why have that option enabled, isnt it better to have the bottom screen with the menu and the top screen with the game or vice-versa??? I just find it strange that both screens are displaying the game by default, its kinda weird!
May later I ran out of VRAM

May you can help me with this file https://github.com/i...7/source/main.c and the other part https://github.com/i...e/sound.arm.cpp
so ichfly, what are you upto for the time being?
look at the latest git

There is an sound update

loco365

Trophies
XP

hmm...it seems that you are running the us version of pokemon. You need the europe one.
I dumped my USA version and it works fine on Adv_irq and force_irq.

Quget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry D: I can't really help I have like beginner skills in c++ :(.
I know much about C#,AS3,JavaScript.
I know c++ have a lot of memory management things. All I did in c++ was hacking games by editing memory.
Calling functions by using addresses ^^ And console apps.
All I can do is test for you :P But I'm surely looking in the source code maybe I will understand it after a while. xD

I can give you a tip by defining 0x10000000 kind of things as a readable variable :P Makes it easier too read.
I don't know what those are.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry D: I can't really help I have like beginner skills in c++ :(.
I know much about C#,AS3,JavaScript.
I know c++ have a lot of memory management things. All I did in c++ was hacking games by editing memory.
Calling functions by using addresses ^^ And console apps.
All I can do is test for you :P But I'm surely looking in the source code maybe I will understand it after a while. xD

I can give you a tip by defining 0x10000000 kind of things as a readable variable :P Makes it easier too read.
I don't know what those are.

yes I really have to clean up the src

ADD: The 0x10000000 is the maximal valid range of addresses. I use this to separate dma read addresses and other things. Everything lower is a address to emulate a dma sound read (simply read 4 words and send them to the arm7(the other file))
0x3F00BEEF is a cmd to sync the display and other emulator stuff. It is called 60 times per second in an predefined V-Line. (I use this for testing as well) so the dasistnurzumtesten and counttrans stuff is for testing
0x4000BEEF is a cmd to print something on the screen from the arm7.

ADD2: counttrans is called called counttrans because counttransf and counttran as well as counttransfaer are already in use so stop sending me these pns with questions about that name.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, i figured that out after I looked at the compatibility list :P.
I tried Ruby ROMS from all different regions but still nothing. Managed to get Sapphire and Fire Red going at least!
Thanks for the hard work!

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how exactly do I set it up with the newest hyper?
there is nothing to "setup".
just run the emu like any other homebrew,choose sav file(if there is any) and then the gba game and then......game on!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I have had so much trouble with this emulator, all I need to download is the newest hyper and rom? This goes out to you too Ichichfly.

loco365

Trophies
XP
How do I save?
Save in-game, then press L+R+A+B, select "save save", and press A. It will write to a save file. Make sure though, that when you're starting the game, that you pick the right save type, or it may not save properly, or even at all.

The Pokemon GBA series games uses the bottom option, Flash 128K.

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get ruby to work. Tried Eu and US version. Using new Hyper. I'm talking about Minish cap saving.

~~EDIT~~

Which Code container do I use for Pokemon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary