GBA SP flashcard recommendation

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by KrooLa, Dec 5, 2009.

1. KrooLa
    OP

KrooLa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    France
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a cheap AND good flash card for my GBA SP. Do you have any suggestions?

2. zerolinks

zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2007
    United States
  3. Crystal the Glaceon

Crystal the Glaceon GBATemp's Official Waifu™ (●♡∀♡)

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I'd go with M3 Lite, I am not sure how much it is now, but it works great with every game that I have played, even up to 32MBs of side. It even plays DS games.
    Edit M3 Lite (or at least the one I got) Comes with a case for GBA and DS phat

4. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    That is if you can find one. Even if you could, it'd be the PRO variant made for NDS only. I haven't been able to find one of the older ones. Most stores seem to be out of them. The EZ IV is a great alternative from what I hear.

5. KrooLa
    OP

KrooLa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    France
    Thanks for the replies. I don't know which one to chose for the moment.
    What do you think of this one? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25752
    I forgot to tell you, I only want to play games on a GBA SP, I don't need the flash cart to be compatible with any DS linker.

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Crystal the Glaceon GBATemp's Official Waifu™ (●♡∀♡)

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Yeah that is the issue, I bought my a few years ago.
    So I would go with the card he says.

7. zerolinks

zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2007
    United States
    That card seems like a good value cause of the price, but there isn't alot of space to hold games. The link to the card i posted uses up to a 2gb mini sd card. This offers a lot more space if you want it.

8. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    That cart you posted features on-board memory, so it requires a program to load games VERY SLOWLY and the same program to back up games and the sort. You can't just drag and drop your games with ease. Also, I HOPE you have a serial port to use it. A review and picture confirms it comes with a serial cable, not USB.

9. heavyknight

heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    EZ Flash IV, I got one a few months back and I love it. It was a bit of a hassle, but after a few minutes into the actual process, it's pretty simple to start up. Recommended to get a 2GB MicroSD card with it.

10. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Ideally an EZ3 is the best cart to have for GBA only. m3 Perfect is good for GBA but has a few minor problems, but also plays DS games (older ones of course and/or patched). And like heavyknight said the EZ4 is pretty good with GBA (and somewhat older DS) games. I highly recommend not getting a FireLinker, etc if it is going to be used for real gameplay. I would only use those for homebrew...

11. KrooLa
    OP

KrooLa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    France