ROM Hack [GB(C)] Injection with the New Generation of VC

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right I have managed to inject working patches into the Red Dmgapae0.e69 file in a decrypted Romsfs

if someone can help me recompile this or inject it somehow would be appreciated

This patches adds the *Hold B for Running* feature and quad speed on bikes

i have tested the patch and it works but i just cant compile or inject cias.
literally everything is failing for me cant get xorpads to gen / half of them generate etc D: file is read as a patch and fails to install

Last edited by izy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, so can we inject pokemon red romhacks ?

* like pokemon proud eyes *

Rather, is there a way to mod or hack the pokemon red VC release ?

Like change the grass pokemon and/or trainer pokemon.

Like i said i injected the Hold B for running Shoes hack on the VC releases Rom file, other ip patches should work also (to some effect) like the sprite patch.

I just cant compile the files into cia because im cursed. thats why im asking for someone else to xD @Apache Thunder where are you when we need you

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: breaktemp

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here are batch files I use for unpacking and repacking a CIA. Drag and drop into them. Avoid spaces in filenames.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/cia_unpack_repack.zip
getting python and exheader issues when recompiling

9d213123964fda312c892fbbc884fe8c.png

Last edited by izy,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
On 10.3 o3ds, would I be able to install the new pokemon VC as a legit cia and if so would we be able to install a modified pokemon VC game as a legit cia (as far as I know the rom wouldnt interfere with the ticket so users could hypothetically install to sysnand and play modified VC without a chance of bricking)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 10.3 o3ds, would I be able to install the new pokemon VC as a legit cia and if so would we be able to install a modified pokemon VC game as a legit cia (as far as I know the rom wouldnt interfere with the ticket so users could hypothetically install to sysnand and play modified VC without a chance of bricking)
The originals, yes, if they're dumped as legit.

Modified ones, nope.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no, if you modify a legit cia its no longer a legit cia, "legit" in its commonly referred state means "signed", you touch anything about it and it becomes unsigned, you could on the other hand use HANS though for rom injections
(not actually sure if the pkmn VC games are legit cia files though,or if people saying they are legit are meaning legit as in the official VC release dump and not a rom injection)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
no, if you modify a legit cia its no longer a legit cia, "legit" in its commonly referred state means "signed", you touch anything about it and it becomes unsigned, you could on the other hand use HANS though for rom injections
(not actually sure if the pkmn VC games are legit cia files though,or if people saying they are legit are meaning legit as in the official VC release dump and not a rom injection)

Interesting... I thought that it was just the ticket which was required to make the game "legit". Thanks for the reply, I think I jumped the gun regarding "legit VC cia"

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're legit as in properly signed, since they were pre-installed on the EU and JP 2DS bundles ^^ Installed Red on a friend's 2DS and it worked fine for them on the latest firmware.

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac