Should upgrade my microsd card for 128gb to 256gb if going useing 3ds banks for alot of homebrew VC injections an 3ds "Backups"

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now have only 128gb microsd card inside of new nintendo 3ds xl and asking this don't what run out of space for VC injections 3ds "Backup" and homebrew games. So recommend for me at some point to upgrade to 256gb microsd sd card. Yes try gba injection on high space card as Long get 64kb size. Every my dark theme come for nintendo 3ds work fine.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i use a 256GB Kingston Canvas Select Plus in my n3dsxl, it has been serving me well so far (~5 months). i also used a 128GB Samsung EVO Select but it got corrupted and died on me.

keep in mind that, even with quite a few roms, the 3ds shouldn't really need more than 128GB (unless you have a ton of games) and a few things (HOME menu, TwilightMenu++) will load slower.
In theory, yes. But in practice, it's always tempting to get "just a little more" stuff, and if you have 128 GB, it feels infinite until it starts running out - especially if you're a 3D video enjoyer. The main problems are boot times (not just turning it on, but switching FIRMs too) and AGB_FIRM potentially breaking.

xsdfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The main problems are boot times (not just turning it on, but switching FIRMs too) and AGB_FIRM potentially breaking.
i'd say that many if not most 3ds users use open_agb_firm instead of vc injection for gba games, and i have had no problems with it and a 256GB sd card.

Reactions: assassinz

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now have only 128gb microsd card inside of new nintendo 3ds xl and asking this don't what run out of space for VC injections 3ds "Backup" and homebrew games. So recommend for me at some point to upgrade to 256gb microsd sd card. Yes try gba injection on high space card as Long get 64kb size. Every my dark theme come for nintendo 3ds work fine.
Just a heads up the 3DS menu cannot have more than 300 icons. The system will not allow anything past that.

Reactions: assassinz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto