Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Gateway emailed me and and I am very pleased at what they told me.

"You don't have to apologize, and we would do it for free (beside shipping cost),
my problem is if we say yes to you, how many consoles are going to be sent in?
And then we can develop our 2.0 because we spend time fixing consoles. For info,
Normmatt is the clone main coder, it is totally possible this was made available
on purpose to brick legit gateway consoles and give us a headache and waste our
time. For what? I don't know? So they make a new card? We have no idea, but if
1000 console are sent in, what do we do?
You are very polite and I feel for you, what we do, give me until March, after
Chinese New year. If things cool down and we are not flooded with request, i
will have your console unbricked for free. Just shipping cost for you
tous, i will even send it back at our cost. However, do
you have your Nand backup, because without it, we can't guarantee 100% we can
unbrick it."

Even though I told them I used a modified launcher, they are still willing to help me out to the point where they wont even charge me $100 for my 3ds. Thankfully I backed up my NAND so I'm feeling good right now :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rob Blou and Yessy

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Even though I told them I used a modified launcher, they are still willing to help me out to the point where they wont even charge me $100 for my 3ds. Thankfully I backed up my NAND so I'm feeling good right now :rolleyes:

Nice, let's see if they deliver. March is a long time though... One downside of them being on the other side of the world.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So Gateway emailed me and and I am very pleased at what they told me.

"You don't have to apologize, and we would do it for free (beside shipping cost),
my problem is if we say yes to you, how many consoles are going to be sent in?
And then we can develop our 2.0 because we spend time fixing consoles. For info,
Normmatt is the clone main coder, it is totally possible this was made available
on purpose to brick legit gateway consoles and give us a headache and waste our
time. For what? I don't know? So they make a new card? We have no idea, but if
1000 console are sent in, what do we do?
You are very polite and I feel for you, what we do, give me until March, after
Chinese New year. If things cool down and we are not flooded with request, i
will have your console unbricked for free. Just shipping cost for you
tous, i will even send it back at our cost. However, do
you have your Nand backup, because without it, we can't guarantee 100% we can
unbrick it."

Woah, I stopped reading this thread days ago, so I don't know where this came from, but that's a drastic change from their other responses.

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, I stopped reading this thread days ago, so I don't know where this came from, but that's a drastic change from their other responses.
It might be because I wasn't saying anything bad or cursing at them. Most people are probably emailing Gateway, stating that they'll never support Gateway ever again and cursing them out, and I guess seeing my emails to them probably influenced their decision to help me.

Reactions: DestinyFeather

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be because I wasn't saying anything bad or cursing at them. Most people are probably emailing Gateway, stating that they'll never support Gateway ever again and cursing them out, and I guess seeing my emails to them probably influenced their decision to help me.
Knowing the internet, lmao.

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good for you! Yep the Lunar New Year is upon us. Year of the Horse starts January 31st. Gong Hay Fat Choy (恭禧发财).

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
They never fixed mine after countless emails for months back and forth since January this year, as it was all lies in the end and I gave up when the Omega firmware was shortly released, as the bricking fiasco was a thing of the past then and nobody gave a rats ass about it (Gateway themselves completely stopped corresponding by then) . Even the douche bags at the supposedly official Gateway Maxconsole forums where all two faced (namely GaryOPA) mods lied, saying they would help and contact them via private means, which again, nothing and was later ignored.

I have moved on since all this and concentrated on other systems (upgraded my PC and bought a PS4 console) plus the 100's of other games on my 20+ retro consoles to keep me entertained. So, yeah, I'm happy and all that is dead and buried as far I'm concerned. Lesson learned the hard way guys:)

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They never fixed mine after countless emails for months back and forth since January this year, as it was all lies in the end and I gave up when the Omega firmware was shortly released, as the bricking fiasco was a thing of the past then and nobody gave a rats ass about it (Gateway themselves completely stopped corresponding by then) . Even the douche bags at the supposedly official Gateway Maxconsole forums where all two faced (namely GaryOPA) mods lied, saying they would help and contact them via private means, which again, nothing and was later ignored.

I have moved on since all this and concentrated on other systems (upgraded my PC and bought a PS4 console) plus the 100's of other games on my 20+ retro consoles to keep me entertained. So, yeah, I'm happy and all that is dead and buried as far I'm concerned. Lesson learned the hard way guys:)
It's a bummer that the public fix took so long, and from the sounds of it the public fix was better than the gateway fix as it can be done with no prior nand backup, thanks to all the hard work from the devs who made it all possible, from what I have heard gateway no longer have a public email address so I don't think anyone except close contacts can even contact them any more, if I ever pick up another dirt cheap 3ds I will do you a super deal if your interested, it just sucks that a genuine gateway user got screwed over whilst countless clone users managed to get their consoles fixed anyway

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I know it was and at the time I was so angry and impatient to wait for a public fix, I opted to ship my console to China. Mad thing, was that I had the option to ship my bricked console direct to Nintendo (thought I'd try it), which I didn't mention at the time but later changed my mind. Who knows, Nintendo may have fixed it, as it was still under warranty but I wasn't to know, due to the circumstances to how it was bricked in the first place.

Sure, if you ever pick up a cheap 3DS, I maybe interested (Just send me a PM) here.

Thanks;)

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You absolutely should have sent it to Nintendo!

But anyways dont give up on getting one, I've now got two 3DS XL's from ebay, both brand new. One was £90 delivered (I got this one before I heard about the gateway) and I managed to pick up a brand new one 4.5 from Germany, ebay, £127 delivered.

Just shop around you never know, and I doubt you'll have the same problem with bricking as last time. I've currently got 17 games on my Gateway, Havn't played it for a month or so though I see all the games and I can't decide what to play and end up turning it off :lol:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To sum up, we ought to never trust what GaryOPA or any of the mods that work under him say. Whether or not Nintendo would have fixed it doesn't matter now as it's essentially water under the bridge.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Really weirdly Just picked up a faulty 3ds Xl but it's on 7.x :( card slot isn't working but figured it's worth a gamble, paid £40 from cash generator

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You absolutely should have sent it to Nintendo!

But anyways dont give up on getting one, I've now got two 3DS XL's from ebay, both brand new. One was £90 delivered (I got this one before I heard about the gateway) and I managed to pick up a brand new one 4.5 from Germany, ebay, £127 delivered.

Just shop around you never know, and I doubt you'll have the same problem with bricking as last time. I've currently got 17 games on my Gateway, Havn't played it for a month or so though I see all the games and I can't decide what to play and end up turning it off :lol:

I personally don't want to invest in another flash card, as a result (who would blame me) after all what happened. Plus for the sake of playing pirated roms for free, just isn't worth it in my book to justify looking for a 4.5 console and then paying £58 to fund the Chinese mafia unless I get one for free:lol:

I'll lurk about on the 3DS scene out of curiosity but that is it for me. At this present moment, I'm watching on how the WiiU scene progresses.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I personally don't want to invest in another flash card, as a result (who would blame me) after all what happened. Plus for the sake of playing pirated roms for free, just isn't worth it in my book to justify looking for a 4.5 console and then paying £58 to fund the Chinese mafia unless I get one for free:lol:

I'll lurk about on the 3DS scene out of curiosity but that is it for me. At this present moment, I'm watching on how the WiiU scene progresses.

just out of curiosity who was your reseller? im sure resellers would still be able to get in contact with the gateway team, teensy for all there bad rep about taking orders when they have no stock or delayed postage(probably the same thing) personally i have always found them very helpful and understanding, maybe going through your reseller would give your message a bit more clout, i know you are kinda over it but personally i would of bugged the shit out of them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.