Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I
i'm guessing that in the older times, when u were a mod, things were more strict? I'm actually wishing for that because u see many "questionable" threads and posts.

you could say that
running a forum like this is in no way easy and i always believed being tough on people who are here just to cause trouble was a good approach to making things a little easier
sure i took some flak for it but someone had to deal with it and i was more than happy to be that person

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't understand peoples logic when they think gateway is superior because it came out first. that makes no sense at all.
yeah, it came out first, and it worked, but how does that make them trustworthy and a good company to go to rather than an r4?

They may not be trustworthy, but doesn't make R4 trustworthy for what they did. Pirates as the are, they did something first and want to protect what others were stealing. I don't blame them for that. Regarding the bricking matter, I guess it's something prone to happen when you deal with pirate things.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may not be trustworthy, but doesn't make R4 trustworthy for what they did. Pirates as the are, they did something first and want to protect what others were stealing. I don't blame them for that. Regarding the bricking matter, I guess it's something prone to happen when you deal with pirate things.

I was using the r4 as an example. I don't trust any flashcart company.

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was using the r4 as an example. I don't trust any flashcart company.

And you are right to act that way. I own a Gateway 3DS that, casually, updated their page with the following:
"...We are still investigating individual brick incidents reported by legitimate Gateway 3DS users. So far, many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked in one way or another and turned out to be associated with use of the clones modified versions of our official release files...."
The highlighted part reflects it's not their fault the bricking...yeah right! Like they didn't put that bricking code in their firmware. Anyway, I don't think they'll deliberately admit having done that. Instead, they will subtly say it's not their fault their software is being misused by other vendors.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you are right to act that way. I own a Gateway 3DS that, casually, updated their page with the following:
"...We are still investigating individual brick incidents reported by legitimate Gateway 3DS users. So far, many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked in one way or another and turned out to be associated with use of the clones modified versions of our official release files...."
The highlighted part reflects it's not their fault the bricking...yeah right! Like they didn't put that bricking code in their firmware. Anyway, I don't think they'll deliberately admit having done that. Instead, they will subtly say it's not their fault their software is being misused by other vendors.

and then when someone asks about the brick code, they will just reply "we don't respond to rumors, gateway is safe"

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then when someone asks about the brick code, they will just reply "we don't respond to rumors, gateway is safe"

Gary on Max Console is just a whiny little turd who doesn't like people asking them via PM about the GW bricks either. He is their butt-kisser--er, sorry, spokesperson for GW.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And GBATemp is the spokespersons for the clones.

Then by all means, you're more than welcome to go back to Max Console and fap to Gary and his Gateway24/7 ;) Sorry, but Gateway is supported by sycophants who deny anything wrong or fallible and perceive the GW as a flawless godlike device that will single-handedly make the 3DS hacking scene flourish. Who'd have thought that being anti-Gateway was an unforgivable crime? This just in, saying anything anti-Gateway is tantamount to committing a heinous crime!

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well since everysingle post of you is raging at gateway like a mad monkey i say don't be a hypocrit.

It's not about being a hypocrit, but to say things the way they are. Gateway made the first 3DS flashcard. Congratulations!
Then it put brick code so as to destroy people's 3DSs due to other vendors laziness.
Do you think they didn't?

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had malicious intentions. I don't care what any of your counter arguments are, they did not implement that brick code for no reason. It messed up and bricked some legitimate gateway users and they have no idea how to explain it, and they ruined their name.

Gateway is not a trustworthy company, and they just screwed themselves.

GG

I doubt any of you with bricked consoles are going to get it fixed

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since everysingle post of you is raging at gateway like a mad monkey, i say don't be a hypocrite.

Gateway screwed themselves royally, their reputation is ruined, they're not going to easily gain peoples' trust unless they admit their mistake, which they won't. Their intent was malicious and childish, there's no way that can be refuted. Gateway will fix anything? They won't, because they consider most if not all bricks to be the fault of clones. That's utter bullshit.

No real need to get so defensive or uppity when your favorite flashcard is criticized ;)

This isn't being hypocritical, it's called telling the truth behind these morons who programmed the GW.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gateway screwed themselves royally, their reputation is ruined, they're not going to easily gain peoples' trust unless they admit their mistake, which they won't. Their intent was malicious and childish, there's no way that can be refuted. Gateway will fix anything? They won't, because they consider most if not all bricks to be the fault of clones. That's utter bullshit.

No real need to get so defensive or uppity when your favorite flashcard is criticized ;)

This isn't being hypocritical, it's called telling the truth behind these morons who programmed the GW.

gateway have not even received any 3DS's yet from any user that is here or on maxconsole, so i think it's a bit premature to say that the team will not fix any device that is sent in. i do not condone the path that team gateway has taken, but i do say just wait and see if they do repair anyone's bricked console. so far they have been quite good at listening at what the user / customer has wanted (except brick code written in) so maybe just maybe they might keep their word. if gateway do start to repair bricked devices i cannot wait to see you eat your words. for someone who hates team gateway why do you spend time in the official support forum on maxconsole, your not working for the clone team's are you?......................................sudeki300

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I hope you are getting paid because the sheer effort you put into whining about gateway is incredible ^^

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
gateway have not even received any 3DS's yet from any user that is here or on maxconsole, so i think it's a bit premature to say that the team will not fix any device that is sent in. i do not condone the path that team gateway has taken, but i do say just wait and see if they do repair anyone's bricked console. so far they have been quite good at listening at what the user / customer has wanted (except brick code written in) so maybe just maybe they might keep their word. if gateway do start to repair bricked devices i cannot wait to see you eat your words. for someone who hates team gateway why do you spend time in the official support forum on maxconsole, your not working for the clone team's are you?......................................sudeki300

Even if gateway has the ability to fix bricked 3DSs (and most likely they do); that doesn't mean everyone is going to be able to send them their bricked devide.
I for one have a Gateway 3DS and if I were to have the extreme misfortune of having my 3DS bricked, I would have to send it to them, paying the shippment. Money aside, the problem would be then receiving the fixed 3DS. Argentina has serius customs issues. I don't think I would be able to get it back, so, original loader or not, if my 3DS bricks, I'm screwed.
Having said that, I was aware of the risks about buying a flashcard, but don't tell me Gateway Team is the best and they really care, for I'm not buying that.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@alalcoba, I didn't say they were the best team or they care for their users, but so far they have listened to their customers. But they have accepted that genuine gateway users 3DS's have bricked and offered a solution (providing they follow it through) for the user, so we will just have to wait and see what happens when they start to receive users bricked devices.............................sudeki300

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@alalcoba, I didn't say they were the best team or they care for their users, but so far they have listened to their customers. But they have accepted that genuine gateway users 3DS's have bricked and offered a solution (providing they follow it through) for the user, so we will just have to wait and see what happens when they start to receive users bricked devices.............................sudeki300

I don't say they give a shit. What I say is that, for me at least, is not a solution to just ship them my 3DS, provided it bricks, for I won't have it back do to my country restrictions. Even if I happened to get it back, still I'd have to pay for a shipment and a customs aproval to receive it. All that because they didn't find a less distructive way to avoid their software being pirated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ