Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
The gateway people themselves posted that they were trialing anti-update code - which was causing bricking (oh wow - that sounds familiar) - they said on their website that the code wouldn't be released to the public until 100% safe - maybe they released it too early - or maybe they released what they thought was a safe subset of the code which appeared in all their tests to be ok. - but they forgot that 3DS pirate yoofs shut their consoles off in all sorts of arbitrary ways and in arbitrary situations - that their testing suite didn't cover

If this is the case, they should have released an update sooner to remove the contaminated code, but they have yet to do so.

Guessing as to what is aflicting the current firmware is a worthless feat, as they'll never publicly admit they messed up, it would be bad for business!

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi justinkb

I think you are correct - and I was wondering how long it would take for some one to actually test the claims about the NAND size being recognised as zero.

Where did you read that btw?

Someone with a bricked console hooked up their 3DS via the well known 4 pad solder emmc interface, and it actually queried the emmc controller for the size.

There are screenshots in one of the threads here, I think the nand dump thread (I presume someone with the brick got sent to that thread for the solder info, then posted the info there). And before you ask, they claim the screenshots do correspond to a launcher bricked 3DS.

They show screenshots from a windows tool I'm otherwise unfamiliar with, witih the nand size clearly reported correctly. There is at least one other poster confirming these findings btw.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is the case, they should have released an update sooner to remove the contaminated code, but they have yet to do so.

Guessing as to what is aflicting the current firmware is a worthless feat, as they'll never publicly admit they messed up, it would be bad for business!

Well, their latest reply says there is nothing to worry about with the official card and launcher.dat - so I don't know what to think.

I'm 70/30 in favour of the position that Gateway do not have a deliberate test to brick consoles in the case of fake cards.

It just need to be pointed out that this whole conspirarcy is based on flaky evidence - anyone got numbers for % of bricked consoles?
Where are all the reliable reports?

20/01/2014
We are receiving many emails from worried customers switching from unstable Gateway clones (mainly 3DS Link/ R4i Gold 3DS/MT Card) to an original Gateway card. Worries about the possible bricking of their console because of their past use of a clone.

In fact, you do not need to worry as long as you have the proper Launcher.dat on your SD card.

Just please make sure you download the latest release bundle (today Beta 2.0b2) from our web site, and copy the official Launcher.dat to your 3DS SD, to confirm you are using the correct file, enter into the GW menu and you should see Our Gateway banner on the top screen as well as GW beta 2.0b2 on the top of the bottom screen. ENJOY :)

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone with a bricked console hooked up their 3DS via the well known 4 pad solder emmc interface, and it actually queried the emmc controller for the size.

There are screenshots in one of the threads here, I think the nand dump thread (I presume someone with the brick got sent to that thread for the solder info, then posted the info there). And before you ask, they claim the screenshots do correspond to a launcher bricked 3DS.

They show screenshots from a windows tool I'm otherwise unfamiliar with, witih the nand size clearly reported correctly. There is at least one other poster confirming these findings btw.

Thanks, yeah I did a search and found it, a post by user TheBorg

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/page-45#post-4889972

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That they called MT a clone and said it may brick you makes this seem... Off.

Seems like they are passing FUD about MT, because their team managed to get in multirom support first.

Reactions: Huntereb

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
TBH, I have my 3 or 4 games I play and that's enough for me. They're too expensive to own stuff you seldom play or will never play IMO. In other words, Gateway cartridge is like a third leg.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To send us your console, Gateway and SD card, please contact your vendor, and email us the tracking number and vendor's name. We will handle the rest.

Got mine from Aliexpress so it might not be an official reseller.But the item is legit.
Why do they keep insisting about the vendor name stuff.
what happens if the aliexpress user is not an official reseller but the item is legit,will they refuse to help?

And the 2nd question ,

I have applied the latest GW 2.0b2 version last week,now they say use the latest launcher.dat file from the website.Did they change the original file there and do I have to redownload it again?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got mine from Aliexpress so it might not be an official reseller.But the item is legit.
Why do they keep insisting about the vendor name stuff.
what happens if the aliexpress user is not an official reseller but the item is legit,will they refuse to help?

And the 2nd question ,

I have applied the latest GW 2.0b2 version last week,now they say use the latest launcher.dat file from the website.Did they change the original file there and do I have to redownload it again?

Seriously treat 2.0b2 like you'd treat AIDS, go back to the previous release which is safer. And no, they ddn't change anything or fix the issues, the best solution for now is to dongrade your Gateway.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously treat 2.0b2 like you'd treat AIDS, go back to the previous release which is safer. And no, they ddn't change anything or fix the issues, the best solution for now is to dongrade your Gateway.

Dont know how to do that. I went through the process of updating to 2.0b2 with a youtube video ,so pretty much clueless and I fear I might do sth worse.

I appreciate if someone could guide me through

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know how to do that. I went through the process of updating to 2.0b2 with a youtube video ,so pretty much clueless and I fear I might do sth worse.

I appreciate if someone could guide me through

Just change the launcher.dat you have on your SD card for the one that's on the 1.2.zip

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I
i really cannot believe the things you lot are allowed to get away with on these message boards now....

i hope you dont act the same way in real life as you do on here
i'm guessing that in the older times, when u were a mod, things were more strict? I'm actually wishing for that because u see many "questionable" threads and posts.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just change the launcher.dat you have on your SD card for the one that's on the 1.2.zip

So if I move back to 1.2 will I lose the emunand feature?

is it safe to go back to GW 2.0b1 is the romoured brick file existent in that update too?

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I move back to 1.2 will I lose the emunand feature?

is it safe to go back to GW 2.0b1 is the romoured brick file existent in that update too?

you can go to 2.0b1 too, it doesn't have the brick code, but it's written everywhere that there are some save game issues. With 1.2 you can't use emunand, but it's more stable than 2.0b1

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can go to 2.0b1 too, it doesn't have the brick code, but it's written everywhere that there are some save game issues. With 1.2 you can't use emunand, but it's more stable than 2.0b1
Thank you mate you really helped me a lot so far.

Can somebody please provide a link to the 2b1 beta please i cant find a reliable source and gateway website only has 2b on their website.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you mate you really helped me a lot so far.

Can somebody please provide a link to the 2b1 beta please i cant find a reliable source and gateway website only has 2b on their website.

just copy the download link, and change 2.0b2 to 2.0b1

homesickalien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drug Dealer A's stash is robbed by Dealer B.
Drug Dealer B hits the street and starts selling Dealer A's stash for half price.
Everyone knows that Dealer B is selling Dealer A's stash and Dealer A warns people to stay away from B.
Along comes the junkie looking for a cheap fix and goes to Dealer B for a bargain.
All of a sudden Dealer A comes screeching around the corner in his lowrider, spraying bullets out the window.
Dealer B goes down in a hail of gunfire and the junkie also gets caught in the crossfire.

Who's to blame?

NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE IS SURPRISED BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL LOW-LIFE DEGENERATES AND THAT IS WHAT LOW-LIFE DEGENERATES DO.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And after one day of arguing, I'm still surprised to read that a lot of people think that GW did the good thing and it's all 100% R4i's fault of those console got bricked.
I don't understand peoples logic when they think gateway is superior because it came out first. that makes no sense at all.
yeah, it came out first, and it worked, but how does that make them trustworthy and a good company to go to rather than an r4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Howdy
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Have you played GTA V yet, on your PS3? I remember you saying you've never played it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half passed tempted to try retroarch on webos imagine ps2 emulation just on TV lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was already included in my PS3 and I did play it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    GtaV will eliminate at least ten wuts from his questioning
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, though only sometimes when some people arent home
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honey he's playing gta again
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    WUT! Get my belt.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but atleast i have the amazing spiderman and red dead redemption 1 too, they are more family friendly compared to GTA (i think)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it's modded you always have everything
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My pc already has every ps3 game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it only has like 26 GB avaliable right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    GTAV is fine beating up hookers is OK, they don't mind!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, uhhhhhhhhh how do I tell you i entered their club once?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just don't pick them up, and drive to a hidden location.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you do run them over and get your money back
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    @BigOnYa a strip club
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After you shoot it up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still pissed I had to pay for that game again, (3rd time) just to get the next gen(4k) update. It should be free. Typical Rockstar move tho.
    +1
    I live like walking distance to a strip club lol
    I should check it out some day
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should check it out some day +1