Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying a Japanese New 3DS, according to posts here it comes with 8.X firmware, and this new hack requires firmware between 9.0-9.2. I'm scared Nintendo could put out a 9.3 update at anytime, making it impossible to use Gateway... Wish there was a way to manually install firmware updates like the PSP.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What? If you are on 4.x you don't need to buy a game at all to use gateway, only the 9.x users would need to buy one.
The 4.x users could trigger the new exploit via rom, but there is no need doing that...

4.x has a lot advantages over 9.x users
- if the trigger is a game, than 4.x don't need to buy it, the main reason to buy gateway, is because you don't want to buy games
- if the trigger is a game, than you need to get the game first, some people don't have access to all games through regional restrictions and nintendo will remove it almost instantly from eshop
- you don't need to update your system nand, only emunand needs to be updated
- if you are on 9.x you will still need to make a 9.x emunand or you could not install any cia (your system nand doesn't have signature checks patched!)
- 4.x has the leaked cfw which doesn't need gateway at all, only a NDS flashcard, 9.x may never get any cfw (except the gateway drm one...)
- 4.x can trigger the exploit via a NDS flashcard, 9.x can't do that, maybe you need 10 or 20 or however many steps to start the exploit
- 4.x can use gateway right out of the box, 9.x needs to wait 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years

Here we go again.... Source or GTFO. You cant just start writing shit like this without anything to back it up.

D

Deleted User

Something I find very entertaining is coming to the threads about the various flash carts and see if I can spot the affiliated chinese guy posting in favor of his brand.

Hahahah yeah that's always a fun game :rofl:

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying a Japanese New 3DS, according to posts here it comes with 8.X firmware, and this new hack requires firmware between 9.0-9.2. I'm scared Nintendo could put out a 9.3 update at anytime, making it impossible to use Gateway... Wish there was a way to manually install firmware updates like the PSP.

There will almost definitely be a game that updates the system to the exploitable range. Many are speculating that ORAS will be the go-to game. Either way, there will be some decent game that has already been manufactured that has the correct FW update. Keep an eye on this:

http://3ds.essh.co/

Also, as the Australian New 3DS is coming this week, there is a higher chance that it will come with 9.0-9.2.

Reactions: Sonicx64

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will almost definitely be a game that updates the system to the exploitable range. Many are speculating that ORAS will be the go-to game. Either way, there will be some decent game that has already been manufactured that has the correct FW update. Keep an eye on this:

http://3ds.essh.co/

Also, as the Australian New 3DS is coming this week, there is a higher chance that it will come with 9.0-9.2.

Thanks, for the info. I'm based in China at the moment so Japanese games and systems are more abundantly available. I might just buy one ASAP and update to 9.2, or if all else fails rely on Pokemon.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What? If you are on 4.x you don't need to buy a game at all to use gateway, only the 9.x users would need to buy one.
The 4.x users could trigger the new exploit via rom, but there is no need doing that...

4.x has a lot advantages over 9.x users
- if the trigger is a game, than 4.x don't need to buy it, the main reason to buy gateway, is because you don't want to buy games
- if the trigger is a game, than you need to get the game first, some people don't have access to all games through regional restrictions and nintendo will remove it almost instantly from eshop
- you don't need to update your system nand, only emunand needs to be updated
- if you are on 9.x you will still need to make a 9.x emunand or you could not install any cia (your system nand doesn't have signature checks patched!)
- 4.x has the leaked cfw which doesn't need gateway at all, only a NDS flashcard, 9.x may never get any cfw (except the gateway drm one...)
- 4.x can trigger the exploit via a NDS flashcard, 9.x can't do that, maybe you need 10 or 20 or however many steps to start the exploit
- 4.x can use gateway right out of the box, 9.x needs to wait 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years

You might don't see reason to find a 9.x exploit better than a 4.x update but I see some, so it depend of the point of view. Though I don't believe 9.x will have the same features as 4.x, because they wouldn't say to stay at 4.x if it was the same thing.

For the rest, there is no need to debate forever about that anyway as we know nothing about the new exploit/update/whatever, so I'll just wait the gateway next update and see what it gives to spare some times :)

But if they offer the same exploit/feature than 4.x, yeah I'll update my 4.x because there will be no reason to stay on it and I don't mind to buy a game for that.

I have a gateway and I stil preordered Pokemon RO/SA. I mainly took a gateway for Japanese games, thinking that if Nintendo don't want my money for foreign games as they lock the 3DS, I'll respect their decision and not give them any money for import games.

I wouldn't trust the save system of any linker for a game I'll probably play 400/500 hours anyway. I'm at 450 hours on Pokemon X, for example.

About european games, I pretty much have all the best ones, bought them before I got a gateway, probably 30-40 games. I took Ultimate Nes Remix European rom version though, but I already have Nes Remix 1 and 2 on Wii U so it seemed weird to me repay a game I already bought, would be a nice thing to have cross-buy like PS4/PS Vita.

laiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a latest reply from the gateway 3ds team if you are interested more info.

image.php

image.php

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything in that email is in their official announcement. -_-

Has anyone even asked GW the important questions? i.e. region-free, emunand?

MRGENTLEMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WAIT! So can someone answer me one question....what should a new 3DS XL user (thanks to Sears yesterday) do if they wantto get a flash cart! Sky3DS...or GATEWAY! Gateway seems to be the crowd favorite but can someone explain why?

EDIT: Sorry for the noob question, but I just feel so intimidated by all this information. So much is going on, lol.

OriginalFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WAIT! So can someone answer me one question....what should a new 3DS XL user (thanks to Sears yesterday) do if they wantto get a flash cart! Sky3DS...or GATEWAY! Gateway seems to be the crowd favorite but can someone explain why?

Gateway seems to be the general favorite because they were first on the scene and have offered true multirom support. Not to mention all the features they have brought to the 4.5 exploit.
Take that with a grain of salt though, as no one knows what the 9.X exploit will actually be capable of doing. It's a general consensus though that they won't pull what sky3ds has done to owners.

Sky3ds released with a limit of 10 games total ever put on their flashcart, once you've added 10 games you need to buy a new cart. No swapping games, once they're on the cart you're stuck with them.
I'm sure people are looking to remove this limit, but currently no reliable/safe results have been found

Reactions: MRGENTLEMAN

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: Sorry for the noob question, but I just feel so intimidated by all this information. So much is going on, lol.

If it's higher than 4.5, update to 9.0-9.2 and wait for more details on the new Gateway version. Do research while you wait.

MRGENTLEMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway seems to be the general favorite because they were first on the scene and have offered true multirom support. Not to mention all the features they have brought to the 4.5 exploit.
Take that with a grain of salt though, as no one knows what the 9.X exploit will actually be capable of doing. It's a general consensus though that they won't pull what sky3ds has done to owners.

Sky3ds released with a limit of 10 games total ever put on their flashcart, once you've added 10 games you need to buy a new cart. No swapping games, once they're on the cart you're stuck with them.
I'm sure people are looking to remove this limit, but currently no reliable/safe results have been found

So would you say that I should probably just wait another week or so and see what develops between the two cartridges?

MRGENTLEMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's higher than 4.5, update to 9.0-9.2 and wait for more details on the new Gateway version. Do research while you wait.

Currently my Ver looks like its 9.2-2.0U. I'm really just looking for a cartridge that will let me play as many games as I want, and which will be continued to be suported through further updates. Looking for a reliable company that actually values the people it sells cartridges to.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Today, team Gateway confirms me by email that some videos of 9.x usage will be posted soon on their website.
We learn more at this moment.

Until this, team Gateway gives no detail about the specs. :/

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently my Ver looks like its 9.2-2.0U. I'm really just looking for a cartridge that will let me play as many games as I want, and which will be continued to be suported through further updates. Looking for a reliable company that actually values the people it sells cartridges to.

Currently, there are no cards that are guaranteed to run games past FW 9.2 besides GW/clones running on FW 4.1-4.5. Be patient and wait a few days. :)

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, team Gateway confirms me by email that some videos of 9.x usage will be posted soon on their website.
We learn more at this moment.

Until this, team Gateway gives no detail about the specs. :/

Could you post the email?

I'd rather them just release it altogether than watch some videos.

Reactions: cooleothman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu