Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Are the extra shoulder buttons neccesary? I mean do any games even use them, and they look totally uncomfortable to try and reach. Lastly the N3DS won't lie flat on a table now because of them.
Maybe not. Just like NDS and NDSi. Almost games are for both of them. But some games're just for NDSi. So i think that they will be the same with 3ds and N3ds.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Either way, I'm excited to be able to play Xenoblade on-the-go. Subpar or not, thank god it's comming. :)

Hope they fix that FPS issue, it was jarring.

Edit:

Last time we heard of Gateway was last Sunday at around 10PM UTC (which is the same timezone as me actually) so.. Maybe in 4/5 hours we'll know something?

Lul. Maybe.

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the extra shoulder buttons neccesary? I mean do any games even use them, and they look totally uncomfortable to try and reach. Lastly the N3DS won't lie flat on a table now because of them.

They are necessary for any circle pad pro game. You have to use ZL ZR for aiming, shooting etc.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Despite Gateway using two seperate Youtube accounts, I managed to know that every single video from the account that published the newest video uploaded around 10 PM UTC. The other youtube account uploads between 4-6 PM UTC.

Just.. Thought I'd lay it out here. Y'know. Just saying.

I have serious patience issues...

Reactions: ApolloCheese

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Nintendo's overall market share is lower in Europe than in North America and Japan, yet Iwata clarified that performance in different European countries varies a great deal. Like last year, the UK was singled out for "lower-than-expected sales", despite being the largest market in the region. "

EU lower than NA and JP, UK Lower than other regions, despite being the largest.
2362555-6208155005-06l.j.jpg

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3VbGg6X.png
So Mod chip just emailed me. I think they're not bad as everyone has been saying; I'm happy that they contacted me and probably will have all the orders in by next week. So order from them ASAP to get the item before christmas.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Nah. The money I'd get from selling my 3DS XL wouldn't be enough to cover half (well ok, it would) the cost of shipping an AUS N3DS. That's why :)

i also had the 3DS XL but i need the N3DS XL badly because i'm fan of 3D gaming so i'm hoping the head tracking 3D will finally let me enjoy the games without the headaches.

Reactions: Phantom_User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I must be in the minority that never gets headaches and I always have the 3D on - hopefully you can now enjoy it then yeah :)
tbh i dont get headaches, but it can be a bit annoying shifting in and out of focus unless you sit perfectly still, to the point where i usually just end up turning it off......idk does the N3DS still get the ghosting around the images that you get on the normal 3ds unless your head is in the perfect position, im assuming the head tracking stuff may prevent that

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just so you know, there is apparently an update scheduled in Japan for December 9th to add Suica support to the New 3DS
http://japanese.engadget.com/2014/12/04/new-3ds-suica-12-9/
you troll! i really sh*tted my pants when i saw this <.< using google translate they said that they are starting a payment service, and not releasing a new update!

btw my n3ds got from jap to us (wondering why), hoping it will arrive in italy on wednesday morning

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
tbh i dont get headaches, but it can be a bit annoying shifting in and out of focus unless you sit perfectly still, to the point where i usually just end up turning it off......idk does the N3DS still get the ghosting around the images that you get on the normal 3ds unless your head is in the perfect position, im assuming the head tracking stuff may prevent that

Nope. It's as if you're always in the perfect position.

It's not completely flat i admit but it's negligible unless you're like Monk who requires EVERYTHING to be perfect.

as for the extra shoulder buttons, seeing as nintendo plans on making it the next gen handheld i'm sure games moving forward will all eventually utilize them.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I must be in the minority that never gets headaches and I always have the 3D on - hopefully you can now enjoy it then yeah :)

only few games give me headache in 3D,the slightest of movement & the 3D image gets all distorted. this is why i'm hoping the head tracking 3D in the N3DS fixes this. :)

and because i'm fan of 3D gaming i like to ask those who got their N3DS or N3DS XL what do they think of the 3D ? i remember when i upgraded from regular 3DS to 3DS XL i noticed that the 3D effect weren't as good on the 3DS XL as they were on the regular 3DS this is probably because of the large screens using same resolution which made them less sharper than the smaller ones on the regular 3DS ,also the colours weren't as good as the regular 3DS ,super mario 3D land on the regular 3DS with 3D turned on was much more lively & enjoyable.

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
after following this thread for days now, i found a 7 bucks cubic ninja cartridge at the local gamestop yesterday and ordered a GW 4 days ago - so i am prepared for all that is to come... as most of you i am very excited for the upcoming update!!! i hope my GW arrives in time. until now i was pretty sure to keep my 3ds xl and use it for gw but the more i read and reload that thread i start wanting a n3ds xl (pls don't tell my wife!). i don't plan on importing one but if its released in europe i think i'm going to get one as chances are there that it still will be compatible. the update from my launch 3ds to the xl was just amazing so if it will be a similar step its totally worth it.
to those who already own a n3ds: as mentioned above, it seems to be much easier to keep the sweet spot for 3d and the effect might even be more impressive. but the ghosting i experienced in games wasn't all about that sweet spot. especially when there is a high contrast (like bright things in black backgrounds - i remember loz - oot 3d) it seems that some of the dark pixels are brightened by the bright areas. did anybody notice any difference?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because a shitfest happened, like usual, people arguing about if it was real or nah.

Damn, I thought gbatemp forums, or this section, was for speculation.

after following this thread for days now, i found a 7 bucks cubic ninja cartridge at the local gamestop yesterday and ordered a GW 4 days ago - so i am prepared for all that is to come... as most of you i am very excited for the upcoming update!!! i hope my GW arrives in time. until now i was pretty sure to keep my 3ds xl and use it for gw but the more i read and reload that thread i start wanting a n3ds xl (pls don't tell my wife!). i don't plan on importing one but if its released in europe i think i'm going to get one as chances are there that it still will be compatible. the update from my launch 3ds to the xl was just amazing so if it will be a similar step its totally worth it.
to those who already own a n3ds: as mentioned above, it seems to be much easier to keep the sweet spot for 3d and the effect might even be more impressive. but the ghosting i experienced in games wasn't all about that sweet spot. especially when there is a high contrast (like bright things in black backgrounds - i remember loz - oot 3d) it seems that some of the dark pixels are brightened by the bright areas. did anybody notice any difference?

No one can really tell if your excited or not, all I can really do is read about your excitement over Ninjack Cubix and George W 3ds card.

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't get headaches either from the 3D, but what annoys me is the double vision that seems to occur when I lay down to play it. I also hope that super stable 3D also works with the gyroscope. Tired of playing a game like Mario & Luigi that forces you to use it and you have to get up just for the parts that need it because it doesn't detect when you're in a different position other than sitting up.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a new product will always take over from the one previously released... its going to happen lol

The DSi, virtually every console sold in a CD version that started life as a cartridge based machine (e.g Sega CDX, Neo Geo CD, etc) and every piece of hardware Atari ever made after the 2600 SOOO wish you were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: