Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me when I bought a PSP, only to discover that Slim models couldn't be Pandora'd. So you'd wait for ChickHEN, that introduced Homebrew and later, a ROM loader. Good times.

Same thing happened to me with both with my PSP1000 (i bought it after it had the first CFW-blocking update and had to wait for newer CFW) and my PSP Go, which couldn't be CFWed for ages. Both were quite rewarding waits (yes, even the Go). I'm sure this will be the same

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
How about every single one of us in waiting desperation make a thread up in EoF (or wherever, but I think that's the best place) to celebrate the release of the update when it does come? A picture with a piece of paper saying: #Gateway'd! and our 3DS loading up Multi-Rom Menu!

It's a bit childish and inb4toomuchhype, but it'd be nice to create some sort of community with you guys. Some 'kinda bond, y'know?

Aw, look at me going all sentimental. Ya'll are part of my daily routine now. So mushy.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are probably going to wait till N3DS launch ,maybe GW knows what the deadline ship date is for N3ds to EU US ,they probably realize they can hold it till right before N is set to ship to retailers ,but without even so much as a tentative launch date for N3ds in US EU they could still push it back
N3ds arrives the 9th or 10th , im in no rush rather see a larger exploitable base ,even though it would mean i probably overpaid for an import to be assured of compatiblity

Reactions: LegendaryFighter
D

Deleted-355425

they are probably going to wait till N3DS launch ,maybe GW knows what the deadline ship date is for N3ds to EU US ,they probably realize they can hold it till right before N is set to ship to retailers ,but without even so much as a tentative launch date for N3ds in US EU they could still push it back
N3ds arrives the 9th or 10th , im in no rush rather see a larger exploitable base ,even though it would mean i probably overpaid for an import to be assured of compatiblity

they might now release the N3DS in EU and NA for over 6 months +

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
How this theory still comes up is even more mysterious than the N3DS's USA/EUR release date.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
How about every single one of us in waiting desperation make a thread up in EoF (or wherever, but I think that's the best place) to celebrate the release of the update when it does come? A picture with a piece of paper saying: #Gateway'd! and our 3DS loading up Multi-Rom Menu!

It's a bit childish and inb4toomuchhype, but it'd be nice to create some sort of community with you guys. Some 'kinda bond, y'know?

Aw, look at me going all sentimental. Ya'll are part of my daily routine now. So mushy.

Im all for that.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they might now release the N3DS in EU and NA for over 6 months +

no way i am betting on march at the latest or april ,january at the earliest
it was only a month between jap 3ds and US 3ds launch, also released in march

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Kinds of people in here:
1. Spend immediately, must play my games.
2. Spend now and wait for mah update.
3. Spend later.
4. Hur der lurker
5. buys everything. waits for update and hardly play

im Number 6. OCD buys stuff he doesnt even need, omg i got dust under my screen protector.

well im in number 5. i have 3 3ds xl now, 1 with 4.5 USA, 1 9.2 USA and 1 9.2 Jap(with backuped nand 4.5), and will get the new nintendo 3ds ll (smash bros), i also have vita, gba, psp. psp go, 2 ps3. wii u . wii. 2 xbox 360. ps2. xbox old one, snes, nes and famicon lol and i play like 2 games, its the truth, the more that you have the less you play, also will buy the second gateway for the nn3ds because its easier to carry without putting the cart out, also all my consoles are hacked except 1 xbox 360 and 1 ps3 and the really old ones aka, nes and famicon

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
me: oh i'm not the only one thinking that, whewf.
*Slides down to next post with quote
me: oh that fucker
Was waiting for someone to notice that one~

In all seriousness though:
Nintendo gave their reason for a split launch in EU/US - which is the market saturation, Japan having already saturated and being "ready" for an upgrade, whereas EU/US is still selling strong.

Now, knowing western market - part of that reasoning is backstock - the Gamestops of the world would not be thanking Nintendo if suddenly a large portion of their backstock of a device that was still selling strong would be dropped in value by a chunk because of this new device that was released.
It only stands to reason that with the N3DS selling for the price its selling at, the 'inferior' 3DS isn't gonna sell for a comparable price.

So, why the delay? To give stores a chance to dump their backstock - without taking in as many new devices in prep for the upcoming release of the N3DS.
The big question there being, does a January launch make sense? How will both stores and people respond to a Thanksgiving~Christmas 3DS acquisition with suddenly the N3DS launching.

Personally I think it unlikely to see Nintendo launch their EU/US N3DS in January - if that were the case they would've put the word out already.

Now, without a clear indication of when Nintendo will release the EU/US N3DS - does it subsequently make sense for Gateway to wait on such an intangible date?
Does it make sense for Gateway to "wait" on any date if they are ready to release?
And again, I think not. They stand to gain very little in waiting now, with the cards as they are.

As much as fluffy kitten feelings would rejoice at the thought of their kind souls waiting for the EU/US launch, that makes NO sense whatsoever at this point in time because the launchdate for that is an unknown. While it could be one month and seeing a January launch, its far more likely to see a spring launch rather than a Q1 launch - meaning March~May.

Then there's the fact that Gateway has said a thing or two regarding their reasons for waiting.
They've said they're not ready and that they're still working on testing things.
As much as conspiracy theories can be fun, I see little reason in doubting those statements.
Why say that they're not ready and that they're testing - why reveal anything at all - if they are waiting for the unspecific EU/US N3DS release?

TL;DR - they'll release when they are ready to do so. Not when the stars align and the gods walk the earth or whatever "theory" people come up with next.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say.. It was fun at first, now it's just sad. A cluster of newbies asking one question a thousand times. That or awful speculation about waiting for the American release (not likely to be soon enough). That and the spam. Who cares what some troll does to his device?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say.. It was fun at first, now it's just sad. A cluster of newbies asking one question a thousand times. That or awful speculation about waiting for the American release (not likely to be soon enough). That and the spam. Who cares what some troll does to his device?

ow the edge.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
for the ppl that think that gateway will wait for the nn3ds release in EU/USA are bonkers, for example if lets imagine that right now there are 1000 units with 4.5, and 1 million with 9.2, including the nn3ds, if they wait for the release of the nn3ds in US/EU they would increase the sales but at the price of months of dryness because the gateway simply is not for everyone right now and sky3ds are selling, also we now that the nn3ds in US/EU will come with the firmware that patches gateway vulnerability if nintendo knows what is the exploit that its coming and possibly will be patched, so its a loss for the ppl that want that but in a marketing way of thinking its best for them to release it asap to skyrocket their sales, destroy the sky3ds and become the only option in reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol