Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Damn, I thought gbatemp forums, or this section, was for speculation.

news leads to speculation,

speculation leads to chat
chat leads to different opinions
different opinions leads to why we can't have good things in the world

after following this thread for days now, i found a 7 bucks cubic ninja cartridge at the local gamestop yesterday and ordered a GW 4 days ago - so i am prepared for all that is to come... as most of you i am very excited for the upcoming update!!! i hope my GW arrives in time. until now i was pretty sure to keep my 3ds xl and use it for gw but the more i read and reload that thread i start wanting a n3ds xl (pls don't tell my wife!). i don't plan on importing one but if its released in europe i think i'm going to get one as chances are there that it still will be compatible. the update from my launch 3ds to the xl was just amazing so if it will be a similar step its totally worth it.
to those who already own a n3ds: as mentioned above, it seems to be much easier to keep the sweet spot for 3d and the effect might even be more impressive. but the ghosting i experienced in games wasn't all about that sweet spot. especially when there is a high contrast (like bright things in black backgrounds - i remember loz - oot 3d) it seems that some of the dark pixels are brightened by the bright areas. did anybody notice any difference?

On your question about ghosting, i have an N3DS and can confirm that there's nothing of the sort. Maybe because the N3DS has a slightly larger screen thanthe R3DS. not sure about the N3DSXL tho.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On your question about ghosting, i have an N3DS and can confirm that there's nothing of the sort. Maybe because the N3DS has a slightly larger screen thanthe R3DS. not sure about the N3DSXL tho.

Its black backgrounds where ghosting mostly appears - look for a black section (theres loads in OOT) and see if it still does it.

Reactions: ApolloCheese
D

Deleted-355425

The DSi, virtually every console sold in a CD version that started life as a cartridge based machine (e.g Sega CDX, Neo Geo CD, etc) and every piece of hardware Atari ever made after the 2600 SOOO wish you were right.

you stay on the old one and i will enjoy all the exclusive games along with everyone else and all the better features :)

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks, thats good to hear! i guess i have to re-play a lot of my games if i buy the n3ds. i'll go with the xl one though as size matters for me in this case...:wtf:

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quick Question; Anyone know if you can actually play your old DS lite flash card (R4) on the 3/2DS? Does it work?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question; Anyone know if you can actually play your old DS lite flash card (R4) on the 3/2DS? Does it work?

If it is an original r4? No. Buy a dstwo... A bit more expensive but not generic.

Reactions: SushiKing

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here's something that might spark conversation:
Do you think that now that they are no longer using the DS profile exploit, we could see NDS rom support for red card?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here's something that might spark conversation:
Do you think that now that they are no longer using the DS profile exploit, we could see NDS rom support for red card?

I'm guessing no, not without some work. I say just update the blue card. It still comes with the gateway. So, give us support for it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That could happen, but they said you don't need a 4.5 3DS, something which is necessary in order to run the "update.nds" file or something similar.

True... Oh well. Got my DSTwo. Just wish the blue card would have a use for me.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
That could happen, but they said you don't need a 4.5 3DS, something which is necessary in order to run the "update.nds" file or something similar.

And that's why everyone's theorizing the exploit is something completely different. Something akin' to themes. Only time will tell.

I'm getting friggin' impatient ...

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
This wait reminds me back when I was waiting for the psp's 5.50 gen D3 cfw to come out on December 15th, just to play GVGNP. the wait'll be worth it, and memorable!

I've got a feeling I'm being made to wait due to the inconsiderable ammounts of works I have to deliver and exams I have to study for.

It feels like that, once that wave's over, the update will drop right in and I'll feel all that amazing glory and reward.

Reminds me when I bought a PSP, only to discover that Slim models couldn't be Pandora'd. So you'd wait for ChickHEN, that introduced Homebrew and later, a ROM loader. Good times.

Reactions: KnightOnline
D

Deleted-355425

maybe they will release it when they reach a specific sales target :tpi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...