Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, lets assume, they don't want to wait until the Europe/NortAmerica release of the n3DS. How do you know that their testing will be done till Christmas?

Lets assume? Why would we want to assume that in the first place. Do you even know how the handheld market works? That will have an impact on a tertiary company like gateway. The handheld market moves in waves. It takes a long time to gain momentum. In comparison to the console market, consoles will blow out on the first day of release. Handhelds build up their market over time, especially on holidays as gifts. So waiting for the NA EUR release isn't really beneficial to gateway as they are going to be waiting for the consoles to sell off the shelf. Instead, they work more akin to a jailbreak scenario. There are no known 9.2 update cartridges. There is no way to get old shelf DS's up to the necessary version. Getting the word of mouth out is necessary, since gateways customers are likely not to keep up with the scene at all times. When a break happens they are going to try to take advantage of this as fast as possible. Success means more viable customers.
As far as the testing before X-Mas. I'm sure everyone here is waiting in hopes that would be possible. That is only an excuse of ours and this thread, to motivate feel good times. That means little to me individually and I'm sure others as we all have our eye on the prize. We're maybe a bit impatient to play the gateway with the new 3d, but we all know that this means eventually we will be enjoying all current 3ds titles on the new system and that may not be possible on later firmwares. I am fine with waiting. However I don't think I'm going to wait to see if Ninty can seal up the New 3DS nice and tight before it gets to the states.
mech
Muskusrat
Livin in a box

Of course, I do not have any other information than you and just am speculating, but from my point of view, they will wait until the n3DS are available or at least manufactured. Most people here are already safe on the hook (?) and there is no real competition.

But we'll see. Don't think they'll read these posts and change their plans because they liked one of our posts.

Do you understand the handheld market?

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
We're maybe a bit impatient to play the gateway with the new 3d
I'm impatient to even start using Gateway for the first time :P . I'm a newborn into the scene that has read a lot about Gateway and it's intricacies ever since they announced support. I have had my Gateway for over.. What.. 3 weeks now or something.

The waiting's killing me :(

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm impatient to even start using Gateway for the first time :P . I'm a newborn into the scene that has read a lot about Gateway and it's intricacies ever since they announced support. I have had my Gateway for over.. What.. 3 weeks now or something.

Clearly more of a stronger person than I am. I've had it for close to 6 days. The wait has already killed me :P

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mech
Muskusrat
Livin in a box

Of course, I do not have any other information than you and just am speculating, but from my point of view, they will wait until the n3DS are available or at least manufactured. Most people here are already safe on the hook (?) and there is no real competition.

But we'll see. Don't think they'll read these posts and change their plans because they liked one of our posts.

I've got a 4.5 its great. I am waiting to play on the new system. You're going to have a great time. For me its like replaying it in pure 3D.
As for legendary/ground I don't see how you guys don't get whats happening. Lol, even Nintendo isn't releasing the new hardware for market saturation reasons, meaning handhelds move slow in the marketplace. Its all about market saturation. Saturation - think its raining and how long it takes for the ground to get saturated. So far the market is pretty saturated with 9.0 3DS, 3DS XL/LLs and even *gasp* 2DSs. Can't tell you how many of those I've seen. Doesn't it make sense in gateways situation to release to all the known consoles that have saturated the market?

Will modchipdirect just not send me a gateway?

I think they will when they get them, if they get them, but the lack of communication and the international exchange fee sent me over the edge.
Either way they are scammy as all get out. They will definitely not refund you. I know this much.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lets assume? Why would we want to assume that in the first place. Do you even know how the handheld market works? That will have an impact on a tertiary company like gateway. The handheld market moves in waves. It takes a long time to gain momentum. In comparison to the console market, consoles will blow out on the first day of release. Handhelds build up their market over time, especially on holidays as gifts. So waiting for the NA EUR release isn't really beneficial to gateway as they are going to be waiting for the consoles to sell off the shelf. Instead, they work more akin to a jailbreak scenario. There are no known 9.2 update cartridges. There is no way to get old shelf DS's up to the necessary version. Getting the word of mouth out is necessary, since gateways customers are likely not to keep up with the scene at all times. When a break happens they are going to try to take advantage of this as fast as possible. Success means more viable customers.
As far as the testing before X-Mas. I'm sure everyone here is waiting in hopes that would be possible. That is only an excuse of ours and this thread, to motivate feel good times. That means little to me individually and I'm sure others as we all have our eye on the prize. We're maybe a bit impatient to play the gateway with the new 3d, but we all know that this means eventually we will be enjoying all current 3ds titles on the new system and that may not be possible on later firmwares. I am fine with waiting. However I don't think I'm going to wait to see if Ninty can seal up the New 3DS nice and tight before it gets to the states.

Do you understand the handheld market?
Do you understand the flashcart scene? It is always assuming, until confirmed, so yes lets assume in the first place ( weeks ago we were "assuming " it was going to be a clone from sky3ds).

And according to your logic the next big wave will be christmas, so they will release it after christmas( when everybody has a esploitable console). Also gw said " until we bring the big guns for the new 3ds", so we can assume their focus lays on the n3ds...

And people who want it now, are gonna buy it anyway if they update in 2015, so they wont lose any sales by delaying it, only gain

Reactions: LegendaryFighter

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly more of a stronger person than I am. I've had it for close to 6 days. The wait has already killed me :P
I had it since it came out so I had it way longer the you guy and it is killing me to wait since I never have used it yet and since the wait for them to announce 9.0-9.2 update I look like a corpus lol jking But I wish they hurry up with the test but not were it wasn't done throughly or perfectly

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst case scenario you just buy the n3ds aus the secind they release

Do you understand the flashcart scene? It is always assuming, until confirmed, so yes lets assume in the first place ( weeks ago we were "assuming " it was going to be a clone from sky3ds).

And according to your logic the next big wave will be christmas, so they will release it after christmas( when everybody has a esploitable console). Also gw said " until we bring the big guns for the new 3ds", so we can assume their focus lays on the n3ds...

And people who want it now, are gonna buy it anyway if they update in 2015, so they wont lose any sales by delaying it, only gain
Worst case scenario means playing find the serial number in australia if you wait too long. Nintendo is dropping a 3DS update soon I'm sure. Gateway will let us know.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Worst case scenario means playing find the serial number in australia if you wait too long. Nintendo is dropping a 3DS update soon I'm sure. Gateway will let us know.
Well i didnt mean to type that, that was a leftover:P

But i just put the money aside for now, the second gatway releases its update i order a n3ds from australia. It ships with 9.0( it will not update inside the box)

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had it since it came out so I had it way longer the you guy and it is killing me to wait since I never have used it yet and since the wait for them to announce 9.0-9.2 update I look like a corpus lol jking But I wish they hurry up with the test but not were it wasn't done throughly or perfectly

heh heh heh... R.I.P. :P

I have a question, what's emuNAND?

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ailan
Calm down! You're taking this way too serious (are you just like to write)

You have your point and I have mine; and as I said before, this discussion will most likely not change the release date of GWs new Launcher.

We'll see.

Reactions: Aman27deep

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a 4.5 its great. I am waiting to play on the new system. You're going to have a great time. For me its like replaying it in pure 3D.

Thanks! I hope so too! The sooner the better! It's getting boring to use local transportation for aproximately 2 hours a day (in total I mean, I catch various transports in short bursts of time) and having to look at the window or whatever is pure boredom.

Also gw said " until we bring the big guns for the new 3ds", so we can assume their focus lays on the n3ds...
Pretty sure we just got a video of their big guns for N3DS. I mean, what else is there?

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was referring to the assumption they would wait for a n3ds uk/us release. Ok thats dumb. UK is known as the worst Ninty HH market, secondly the U.S. isn't much better. Ok next big wave. Great you're smart, except there isn't a game known to man that can update those Xmas presents to the necessary firmware. Whose their market? Oh the people who already have DSs, who know of gateway. People who are already involved in someway. The market is saturated enough for gateway to capitalize on people who've been interested. They've seen a huge bump in interest since multirom support as well. A lot of people however, were put off by having to pay top dollar for a 4.5. Anyone who was in that boat now has tons of choices. They could get a 2DS and a gateway. I really want a gateway and a new 3ds so I can run all of no new games on it.

Reactions: SushiKing

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do i get a feeling that Gateway and Nintendo are in a "Waiting Game"

I've thought about that, lol.

IN OTHER NEWS:

mEUzBKe.jpg

My small sanctuary, all clean and tidy, ready to be shelfed out and used furiously.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've thought about that, lol.

IN OTHER NEWS:

mEUzBKe.jpg

My small sanctuary, all clean and tidy, ready to be shelfed out and used furiously.
Kinds of people in here:
1. Spend immediately, must play my games.
2. Spend now and wait for mah update.
3. Spend later.
4. Hur der lurker

Reactions: VinsCool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: