Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
But that's the thing here. Recommending upgrading to 9.2 doesn't mean it's only works on this version.

they said that it will work on that version, ppl recommend upgrading if you have a console 5.x to 8.x because of the features of the firmware, it could work on lower firmware but gateway will work to have the exploit in 9.x even though it could work on lower because most consoles that are upgraded are in the latest,for them its a bigger market right now, and i dont think they will work to try to make it work on lower firmware, so if right now if you have 9.x console you should and you can upgrade to the latest safely

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want it to be released as much as everyone else. What would be worse is the release being broken. It'd be like your balls being bitten off and spat up your ass.

They're even testing their sh*t on AUS N3DS, so there's no excuse at the moment for it to be "borken" :P . I'm still hoping they surprise us later tonight with a:

SURPRISE MOTH*RF*CK*RS!

And the Gateway to Heaven would be unlocked.

If nothing of the sort happens, you'll hear me whine in this thread later on.

Edit:
I am really surprised this thread has been going on for this long. Normally threads like these would be locked long before they reach this point of spam.
Maybe the mods are just as excited as us, thus knowing how we exactly feel, thus not locking this thread, thus making everyone happy to have their little playground?

Y'never know.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon Gateway!! We're almost at 100 pages and now there is a tool for SKY3DS to break the ten game limit. Please release!

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't get it; why do yu all buy n3DS from Japan and Australia? Do you really think GW will drop their update before the new consoles are available in Europe/North Amercia? There's absolutely no need for them to rush things now and absolutely no need for you to spent so much money on foreign n3DS.

"But why did they post that video if they don't want to release their update any time soon?", you may ask. A: In order to prevent people from buying that Sky3DS-card. And most likely not to announce their early christmas gift. Remember; team GW is not some kind of charity to help broke gamers, they just want to make money.

Reactions: Ailan and ground

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get it; why do yu all buy n3DS from Japan and Australia? Do you really think GW will drop their update before the new consoles are available in Europe/North Amercia? There's absolutely no need for them to rush things now and absolutely no need for you to spent so much money on foreign n3DS.

"But why did they post that video if they don't want to release their update any time soon?", you may ask. A: In order to prevent people from buying that Sky3DS-card. And most likely not to announce their early christmas gift. Remember; team GW is not some kind of charity to help broke gamers, they just want to make money.
Because I don't think support for the new 3DS was planned, it is more of a byproduct of their update for ALL 3DS'. I highly doubt they will wait because I would guess we will only see the N3DS release in Europe and NA in February.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well GateWay would be stupid to wait another 3-6 months before releasing the update. Lots of people will buy it now if they release soom, since most are on the latest firmware. Problem with these exploits is that Nintendo can proberly patch it, as soon as they know how the exploit works. My guese is Gateway is waiting for 9.3 firmware release (should be out soon) and then release if the exploit still works.

D

Deleted-355425

there are more systems out there already that can use the card between 5.x and 9.x that can be updated to current, way more then what future sales will be strait away with the N3DS... if you want a 3ds you would of bought one already.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I don't think support for the new 3DS was planned, it is more of a byproduct of their update for ALL 3DS'. I highly doubt they will wait because I would guess we will only see the N3DS release in Europe and NA in February.
Welp, more like April or so. If their excuse is Market Saturation, they'll be looking for the start of the next fiscal year, which goes by March and upwards.

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol, there are plenty of reasons. With this news, you're not going to see Nintendo release it on the firmware. Gateway said only 9.0-9.2. There is no assurances either way you go. They are definitely sealing up the homebrew entry point. They may block out the Sky3ds. I guess we'll wait and see.

Actually you know what, the post kinda irritates me. Lets take a look at history.

August 16th, gateway announce they are the first team to hack 7x 8x encryption. August 25th they release. Oct 7th, 9x comes out they announce they will support it. Oct 16th they release. November 16th they say they will support recent firmwares 9.0-9.2, Nov 30 they release a video with the newest hardware. Do what you want. But we're going to trust gateway, have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?