Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I know the firmware is done. They just have to set up the servers/redesign the page for the new update. You never know when an earthquake could hit, a fire, hardware failure etc. Thats why you dont ever promise something to someone when youre in a business. "Should" is a vague term but it protects your interest as well as the sellers.

"As far as I know the firmware is done. " But you don't really know, yes?

If it were 100% done, consistent with last time, it would be out as a private beta. Private beta comes before public release.

Thus, it does not look like it is 100% done. It just looks like stalling tactics.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

If it were 100% done, consistent with last time, it would be out as a private beta. Private beta comes before public release.

Thus, it does not look like it is 100% done. It just looks like stalling tactics.
I believe that there were emails suggesting that there would be no beta.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I dont get whats your angle here? Are you a troll or what? There were a couple of sources that the update is done and they said they would release the update around New Year. They also confirmed that there is no private beta this time since the last one didnt went so good and it wast exactly private now was it?

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that there were emails suggesting that there would be no beta.

Fair enough. But there have been a lot of emails, suggesting many things.

All I am saying is that regardless of what they say in emails, they will not release it until they are completely happy with it.

Weren't we waiting like 3 months for firmware version 2.0? What they say in emails does not seem to matter much.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont get whats your angle here? Are you a troll or what? There were a couple of sources that the update is done and they said they would release the update around New Year. They also confirmed that there is no private beta this time since the last one didnt went so good and it wast exactly private now was it?

My angle is this:

There are many people here jumping on every word GW say. But that will not make the firmware come any faster. It is just words. Possibly empty words at that.

There have been 700 pages of people saying: "GW said this, therefore it will come at this time". And it never did; it has not come. Forget what they say. Just wait.

Will there be 700 more pages of people jumping at every single word they say? Probably. Will it do any good? No.

It will come when it comes.

Reactions: chrisluna413

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JP6CBP7.jpg

5MMycoE.jpg

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand this whole "coming soon" thing from gateway, but it just does not work on the world we live in, where everything has to have a deadline. You don`t say "soon" when your boss asks you for something, you give him a direct answer, and imo gateway does not see that a fast delivery is a must on this fast paced world and in a sense we are their boss as without us or if there was a true competitor i don`t think they would last too long. I know many of you guys will say "it's better to wait for a more stable software" but regardless of that gateway should give us a deadline.

^^^Absolutely this.^^^
This is what I meant when I implied that they needed to be more professional.
In the real world, you could never get away with giving your clients a quoted deadline of, "Soon".
You will either lose the client or lose the job. Most of the times, you will lose both.

Reactions: Phantom_User

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My angle is this:

There are many people here jumping on every word GW say. But that will not make the firmware come any faster. It is just words. Possibly empty words at that.

There have been 700 pages of people saying: "GW said this, therefore it will come at this time". And it never did; it has not come. Forget what they say. Just wait.

Will there be 700 more pages of people jumping at every single word they say? Probably. Will it do any good? No.

It will come when it comes.

Ive been saying this all along. I see youre new to this thread and I can see youre confused in a way. But trust me when I say this - I have a really strong feeling that this time is the time theyll release and Im not stating this based on a hunch but rather on information Ive gathered from various e-mail and a couple of resellers.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty sure its more professional to give a "soon" if you dont have a clear release date, put it this way you either
A) give a generous estimated release date with plenty of extra time to cover for any potential delays i.e by March...result is "WTF thats too long"
B) you give a more promising esitmate and hope you dont hit any snags along the way i.e before new year
C) you try to keep things vague(ish) so as to not A) scare people off with a far off estimate or B) fail to meet your deadline and look like a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Superbad is another great one, lots have never seen. McLovin is the man.