Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was around 7 months from initial announcement to final release.

If you go with the very first hint, then yeah near enough 6 months (early october hint, late march release).

We got stuff along the way though. The very first hint of 2.0 was October and then we got some of those features in December with the Beta releases (emunand/nand backup/diagnostics). It was 3 months or so from the announcement of the integrated menu system/drag and drop/fat32 support and so on.

People are carrying on as if Gateway announced something, then there was a 7 month gap of nothing.

Reactions: 2Hack

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno where 7 months for 2.0 comes from. It was 3 from the announcement of what it would have and 2 & a bit from the vid . 2.01b1 came out in December, b2 late December, announcement of multi-rom etc early Jan, video late Jan, release March.

Gateway was only widely available from late July/early August 2013, so they would have needed to announce 2.0 practically straight away for a 7 month wait.
Announcement of MultiRom was actually during October check the FAQ post XD
so it has been.... October, Nov, december, Jan, Feb, March.... Yep around literally 6 months
But, we did get a few small updates along the way XD

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go with the very first hint, then yeah 6 months (october hint, late march release).

We got stuff along the way though. The very first hint of 2.0 was October and then we got some of those features in December with the Beta releases (emunand/nand backup/diagnostics). It was 3 months or so from the announcement of the integrated menu system/drag and drop/fat32 support and so on.

People are carrying on as if Gateway announced something, then there was a 7 month gap of nothing.

You're right, I should have made that more clear as not to misguide people.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Announcement of MultiRom was actually during October check the FAQ post XD
so it has been.... October, Nov, december, Jan, Feb, March.... Yep around literally 6 months
But, we did get a few small updates along the way XD

"we are working on it" in an faq, doesn't really seem like an announcement. I was going off of, what seems like an actual announcement of when they said "soon you will be able to enjoy drag n drop multi-rom etc".

Saying 7 months between an announcement and release, just gives the impression to new users, that there was a big gap of nothing. When we got a drip feed of some of the features along the way.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"we are working on it" in an faq, doesn't really seem like an announcement. I was going off of, what seems like an actual announcement of when they said "soon you will be able to enjoy drag n drop multi-rom etc".

Because we got stuff between that time. Saying 7 months between an announcement and release, just gives the impression to new users, that there was a big gap of nothing. When we got a drip feed of some stuff with the beta releases.

Perhaps, but the thing is, they themselves said that they were working on it and they responded that question to us officially on their website.

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update really did inspire me to spend a fair amount of money, any client I've dealt with would have bailed on me long ago if I exaggerated this much to get start up money. Oh, well venting isn't helping, thanks for the info.

Reactions: xanth

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps, but the thing is, they themselves said that they were working on it and they responded that question to us officially on their website.

The faq also says

"– Are you working on supporting 5.x and 6.x 3DS systems? Yes, we have still not given up hope to support these consoles. But please be patient."

Which means we have been waiting 1 year and 3 months, for the incoming update :D, but most consider it was announced in December and we have been waiting a little over a month.

But meh, it's not important. I just think 7 months give the wrong impression to new comers and makes it look like there was a gap of nothing :D.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This update really did inspire me to spend a fair amount of money, any client I've dealt with would have bailed on me long ago if I exaggerated this much to get start up money. Oh, well venting isn't helping, thanks for the info.

Client can't bail if they have no where to go :D.

Unfortunate downside to Gateway, until someone actually gives them some competition, they can pretty much do what they like :(.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The faq also says

"– Are you working on supporting 5.x and 6.x 3DS systems? Yes, we have still not given up hope to support these consoles. But please be patient."

Which means we have been waiting 1 year and 3 months, for the incoming update :D, but most consider it was announced in December and we have been waiting a little over a month.

But meh, it's not important. I just think 7 months give the wrong impression to new comers and makes it look like there was a gap of nothing :D.

Believe it or not, yes, some actually did wait that long. However, it is hard to find a new exploit. THAT was actually understandable since they never actually promised it... until the November tho, when that became an absolute certainty. XD
Which is why ppl are hyping right now.

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people pissed? Gateway lied about having an update coming to get in on the xmas spending rush. It should be beneath them.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people pissed? Gateway lied about having an update coming to get in on the xmas spending rush. It should be beneath them.

They never promised a Christmas day launch. They said they were aiming for that..

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these rumors are bad for gateway

Don't worry. I remember before the 2.0 update launched there were many people convinced they had taken the money and run. After the update everything went back to normal. The same thing will happen this time around as well.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. I remember before the 2.0 update launched there were many people convinced they had taken the money and run. After the update everything went back to normal. The same thing will happen this time around as well.
Jesus I hope not people waited forever for that update. This time it's different sky3ds is here and working that's not good for gateway less money in there pocket = get the update out fast!

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They never promised a Christmas day launch. They said they were aiming for that..

if they would have told the truth, they would not have had the crazy amount of sales they obviously had over the holidays. Lie or exaggeration, defending them isn't helping us. It's encouraging them to do it again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw