Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I seriously cannot for the life of me find the DevMenu as a .nds...... only found it as a .cia on that one iso site. Gosh darn it -___-
I installed the cia and tried that and it keeps failing on installing the mset cia..

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No emunand for N3ds in latest version? I still can't system transfer :nayps3:

#InKARLweTrust
It has been confirmed to work. Do you fall outside the compatibility list?

[How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Ok I seriously cannot for the life of me find the DevMenu as a .nds...... only found it as a .cia on that one iso site. Gosh darn it -___-
I installed the cia and tried that and it keeps failing on installing the mset cia..
I know it's there. You need the .nds version to install the cia version and I did it.

Make a post there and maybe someone can point you to it.
Wanted to see if anyone answered this but doesn't seem so. Anybody have an idea what this is?
Non volitol random access memory.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thay always worked perfectly.
Maybe it is a trick question and he is referencing four swords. :)

You might be screwed with 9,7 emunand. Maybe there is a way to get back down to 9.5? Have a backup?

for the exploit some zelda OT games didn't work
There is a fix for that. My understanding is that anyone who made the effort got them to work.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Welp, so I just found something weird. I have 2 jap new 3DS, one black and one white (mine and my wife), both are in 9.0.2-20J
I did the procedure on my new 3DS (black), everything went smooth and worked on the first try.
Now I've tried to do the same to the white new 3DS, but every time I run the exploit from system settings, it just crashes, like the old times when we forgot to copy the launcher.dat file into the 3DS SD card. Weird, because I can use that SD card to access emunand via Cubic Ninja without problems, but if I try to launch the emunand from DS Profile, it crashes. Both the emuNAND-less microSD used for installing the mset.cia file in both consoles, and her regular microSD with her old region switched emuNAND. I've instaled NVRAM plenty of times, but it just refuses to work and only run if I use Cubic Ninja.:hateit:
Any ideas? :cry:

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can alternatively get it as a .csu and simply rename it to .3ds.

Reactions: Margen67

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try Googling "BigBlueMenu.3ds", it's in the first few links when I search.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )
I forgot to mention that only the first option " 9.x Launcher.dat " will work on the new3ds. The others are for the old 3ds.
N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds = New3ds (1st option only, other 3 options are for old 3ds)
ROPInstaller_GWU.nds = old3ds (everything old3ds)

The rop installer will NOT run homebrew on the new3ds. This new rop chain for 3.2 is radically different despite exploiting the 4.5 old 3ds settings app.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing GW didn't include an option to boot into sysnand when one has emunand installed. Completely careless.
Not really, considering that out of 10 people, 6 would probably accidentally switch to sysNAND, upgrade and then QQ about it.
If they add "Boot sysNAND" as a separate option in the GW menu, DON'T make it the first option, and add warnings and prompts when one selects it, I don't see many noobs making that blunder. Even better, they could make it so that the option is hidden unless you were held R or similar when you opened the menu.

Besides, that's like saying that they never have added cia installs just because people might brick their systems installing system cias, or that they should'n have implemented the downgrade feature because noobs might install a dg pack for a different region.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it is a trick question and he is referencing four swords. :)

You might be screwed with 9,7 emunand. Maybe there is a way to get back down to 9.5? Have a backup?

There is a fix for that. My understanding is that anyone who made the effort got them to work.

I have a backup, but wouldn't I lose my recently bought games though?

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does this work with palatine CFW??? anyone was able to update his CFW?? as rxtools is not suited for my pirat.... cough cough I mean gaming requirements.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to announce that if you format the EmuNAND and install new firmware with 3DSNUS's CIA with BigBlueMenu, you get back the newer system settings on EmuNAND, so if anyone was like me and used DevMenu to install new firmware on EmuNAND and it corrupted, you can re-format, Install again with BigBlueMenu and everything works again, so you'll have the N3DS features back like Super Stable 3D and the like. Needs more testing, but the red light was on, it adjusted the 3D, and I was able to use the C-stick, so it seems to work fine for now.

Taslion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, so I just found something weird. I have 2 jap new 3DS, one black and one white (mine and my wife), both are in 9.0.2-20J
I did the procedure on my new 3DS (black), everything went smooth and worked on the first try.
Now I've tried to do the same to the white new 3DS, but every time I run the exploit from system settings, it just crashes, like the old times when we forgot to copy the launcher.dat file into the 3DS SD card. Weird, because I can use that SD card to access emunand via Cubic Ninja without problems, but if I try to launch the emunand from DS Profile, it crashes. Both the emuNAND-less microSD used for installing the mset.cia file in both consoles, and her regular microSD with her old region switched emuNAND. I've instaled NVRAM plenty of times, but it just refuses to work and only run if I use Cubic Ninja.:hateit:
Any ideas? :cry:

Try the nds rom that zoogie linked earlier. I had the exact same problem and it fixed it. If you only have a blue gateway card then you can downgrade the whitelist so that works to load ds roms.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can alternatively get it as a .csu and simply rename it to .3ds.
Thanks! I ended up using the FBI installer technique because I kept getting an error installing the mset .cia with the Dev Menu.

Try Googling "BigBlueMenu.3ds", it's in the first few links when I search.

Thanks but apparently we need the DevMenu not the big blue menu right? However no matter, I tried the FBI installer technique and it worked magnificently. For some reason the Title Manager/BigBlueMenu didn't want to install the mset .cia.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
so it's not retail NDS game versus flashcard NDS game that makes a difference you think?

i doubt it because i just tried my ds flash on both of the n3ds consoles i have here one is n3ds xl when using the ds flash card on this console it did reset the ds profile exploit so i had to remove the emunand sd card & install the exploit on sys nand again,but on the regular n3ds using the ds flash card did not reset the exploit so i can use it to play ds games with no worries of resetting the exploit. both consoles are PAL but the XL is AUS while the regular n3ds is EU both on the same firmware 9.0E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk