OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
As i said here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/need-testers-for-a-cia-file.383818/
I'm working on 3DS WiFi connectivity to try to find a software mode to spoof correctly MAC address.
While doing my test, i found something that could be useful in Wifi NVRAM so i decided to make a little homebrew for this.

NVRAM Flash Manager allows you to dump and restore NVRAM flash which contains some DS Profile infos (For example you can check if your DS Profile is good for 4.1-4.5 DS Profile exploit), Mac Address (probably for TWL_FIRM only), Access Points information and other things.

When you dump your NVRAM, you get on screen also a list of your saved access points with your saved passwords so it can be useful if you forgot a password and want to recover it.

Screenshot:
nvram.jpg

Download (v.1.1): Rinnegatamante's Archive

zoogie

playing around in the dsiware
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This seems to work as advertised except it just hangs after
"dumping ..."
with no indication that the process is complete.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rinnegatamante already tested MAC spoofing with a banned account (setting the banned console's MAC on his non banned console, and he could still access online), so Nintendo is not banning MACs.
Or, the change he did only affects the MAC display text on screen, not the one used online. I don't know if he checked packet traffic to be sure the MAC was spoofed correctly.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Rinnegatamante already tested MAC spoofing with a banned account (setting the banned console's MAC on his non banned console, and he could still access online), so Nintendo is not banning MACs.
Or, the change he did only affects the MAC display text on screen, not the one used online. I don't know if he checked packet traffic to be sure the MAC was spoofed correctly.

As you said, MAC address i spoofed is not the real ones, NWM service is called each time you use WiFi sticker and it overwrite shared-mem saved MAC with the Wifi Adapter ones.

So this would allow us to spoof MAC addresses? (Sorry if I read wrong) A possible unban method, if Nintendo bans MACs.

Manually editing MAC address used in NVRAM maybe could be used to spoof MAC for TWL_FIRM (so DS softwares) but definitively not for NATIVE_FIRM / SAFE_FIRM.

Reactions: Cyan

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
what about now, that we can patch stuff running via ninjhax to have arm access?
thanks for the work!

Made a new version (1.1) which solve this problem:
This seems to work as advertised except it just hangs after
"dumping ..."
with no indication that the process is complete.

Also, now NVRAM Flash Manager is provided in two builds: CIA and 3DSX (Thanks to Myria for libkhax for 3DSX build).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Next gen will probably be all portable
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Some things (like Super Famicom games) just feel right when you play them using the original hardware and a CRT
    Gift
    The PS tablet
    Gift
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    switches the box from tv to game
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Not so sure about that - the tendency for "graphics uber alles" tends to lead to very high power consumption
    Gift
    If you look at what's now portability graphics are catching up to console quality
    Gift
    Nintendy is a huge example of not everyone caring about powerful specs most that do will be hardcore PC players anyway
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    The thing is that the IATA rules impose a pretty hard limit of 100Wh on battery sizes for lithium batteries - and it doesn't look like Li is going away soon
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    So if you want (say) 4 hours of runtime you need a maximum system-level power consumption of 25W
    Gift
    Yeah but we already have AAA titles looking fine on tablet form 1080p displays
    Gift
    Human eye can only tell so much of a difference
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    For reference, the PS5 is rated at 350W and the Xbox series X at 275W - and that's console only, without any display
    Gift
    But the future always holds performance never know what the aliens will donate from their left over tech
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Maybe :) - but batteries have turned out to be a pretty hard problem
    Gift
    Like I said most that will truly care will already be hard core gaming pcers
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    And DF subscribers :)
    Gift
    I bet you could find a neighbor with a ps5 and they'd have no idea what the word spec means
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah probably - people on forums seem to care a lot, but they are heavily self-selected
    Gift
    Most on forums try to get a good learning of actual tech
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    Papaya, so good
    Gift
    Only 13 more titles to go on ps3 yay
    Gift
    I still have a remnant of the taste of the papaya
    Gift
    @KenniesNewName June will come sooner than the end of that process
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    PS3 had horrible speeds off the drive
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I always wondered why, but I am pretty sure it was trying to reduce costs
    Gift
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered why, but I am pretty sure it was trying to reduce costs