OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
i'm trying to do some research about 3DS WiFi connectivity but i need some tests.
I need someone who can use CIA files (so CFW, GW) on both N3DS and 3DS consoles.

This is the CIA file: http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/NVRAM_Dumper.cia

Assuming it works correctly, this CIA will create a flash.bin file in SD Card root which contains a dump of NVRAM flash of your WiFi Adapter.
If you find this file, please send me it or post it here.

Reactions: Margen67

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all,
i'm trying to do some research about 3DS WiFi connectivity but i need some tests.
I need someone who can use CIA files (so CFW, GW) on both N3DS and 3DS consoles.

Assuming it works correctly, this CIA will create a flash.bin file in SD Card root which contains a dump of NVRAM flash of your WiFi Adapter.

i'll try it after I created a xorpad file :)

Warft

Say my name!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Do you develope a MAC Spoofer? That would be great!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi all,

Seems to work great judging by ChrisX's firm dump. It does write 0x10 bytes to far though - don't know if that's an issue.

Reactions: ChrisX930

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Do you develope a MAC Spoofer? That would be great!

Tried to substitute MAC Address in SPI flash but it doesn't change anything (Maybe this values are used only for TWL_FIRM? Need more tests to see what can be done working on this dump.).

One thing that can be surely done is to recover Access Points saved password cause the dump contains saved not encyrpted passwords for every single Access Point.

Reactions: Margen67 and Warft

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to substitute MAC Address in SPI flash but it doesn't change anything (Maybe this values are used only for TWL_FIRM? Need more tests to see what can be done working on this dump.).

One thing that can be surely done is to recover Access Points saved password cause the dump contains saved not encyrpted passwords for every single Access Point.

I'm pretty sure the wifi module has read only set in the block that contains the MAC.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure the wifi module has read only set in the block that contains the MAC.

Talking about NVRAM, i succesfully overwrited my MAC address and, after re-dumping NVRAM, i get my "spoofed" MAC address but it will not be used by 3DS to connect on the net.

EDIT (need to fix some minor bugs, anyway):
nvram.jpg

Reactions: ChrisX930

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you logged into your router to see what MAC is showing? If it is showing the real one then it probably is sending with the spoofed MAC but when it receives packets marked for the spoofed MAC it denies them because the internal MAC doesn't match.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Have you logged into your router to see what MAC is showing? If it is showing the real one then it probably is sending with the spoofed MAC but when it receives packets marked for the spoofed MAC it denies them because the internal MAC doesn't match.

I get always real MAC on Router connected devices.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, hey you just found a method to disable wifi from connecting and accidental updates. Does it stay persistent after rebooting or does it get updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over