gateway GW3D 11.10 (B9S AND CFW)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aadz93, Oct 13, 2019.

1. aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    STILL WORKING ON 11.12, JUST UPDATE AND RE-RUN SYSUPDATER WITH SAME FILES
    GW11.12.

first off, this is for those who already have b9s and luma (ntrboot), ive gotten my new 3ds xl working with gateway mode on emunand, alongside luma on sysnand, all booting via b9s,

you must have b9s and luma already, and your console should ALREADY BE UPDATED to 11.10.xxx WITH LUMA AND B9S,

place files on your 3ds sd card AFTER you created a 11.10 emunand,

use luma to boot emunand mode (hold select and tick autoboot emunand) (gateway will not boot yet), make sure you have sysupdater installed,
    launch sysupdater, press Y to downgrade, this will take about 30 seconds or so, then it will reboot,

hold start down when booting, or exiting system settings to boot gateway, otherwise you will boot into luma cfw and not gateway

boom gateway mode on 11.10,

THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY THOUGH IF YOU HAVE LUMA AND GATEWAY YOU PROBABLY ARENT USING IT ANYWAY
    IMG_20191012_211213387. IMG_20191012_211223661. IMG_20191013_010348934. IMG_20191013_010454983. IMG_20191013_010601486.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xzs7efhraz9at2s

you have to download the updates and gateway launcher.DAT separately as they will not be included

visit this thread to get the needed folder just follow steps 1 - 3B on 11.10 this folder will include 5 files you don't need to go further than step 3b

The thread is German, and is geared towards PlayStation searches for gateway 11.7 emunand (psxtools.de here is the Google search
    bit.ly/2rheNO2 ) on Google will land you there, download files based on your console type and region

Last edited by aadz93, Nov 8, 2019
  2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Who needs gateway when we have luma?

3. AkumaNoYami

AkumaNoYami Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    with a gateway 3ds card you can expand your memory ?

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Is that a question or answer as it seems Like an answer

5. AkumaNoYami

AkumaNoYami Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    its an answer ^^
    i mean : 128 gb in 3ds
    with 128 gb on the gw card > 256 GB full of games :D

6. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    "THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY" only when running gateway emunand or perm even after going back to luma3ds?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Just a heads up, containing gateway firmware files, and/or partial official updates in not allowed on gbatemp, hopefully you can find a way to instruct people how to achieve the same results rather than sharing the files themselves

aadz93 likes this.
  8. upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    3DS roms are a lot more convenient to use than CIA unless you're trying to play online

Ammako and aadz93 like this.
  9. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    You can play .cia games online. Perfectly fine.

10. upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Right, that's why I said ROMs are better unless you want to play online. CIA are better for online play, no need to patch them.

11. aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    all of the people who bought a gateway obviously or may still want one, you know? , while everyone else anti flash card, im not, i come from the days of Dserial, passme, nds motion card, people should have a choice if they have the ability instead of feeding them the bandwagon ever since gateway brick, which is irrelevant now if you have ntrboot and a nand backup (you know taking that extra 5 min can go a long way), it's sad because this killed 3ds slot-1 expansion cards (3DSerial would be cool) and dstwo pretty much

i use luma, and since using gateway i actually like it very much too its very fast and simple which is the point, you can go online if you have your private headers, though I use luma on my sysnand to go online via cia, gateway used for single player offline and homebrew, gateway simplicity is what makes it so useful still, especially not needing to spend several hours waiting on cias to install

eshop functionality is broken within gateway mode (emunand), you can access it but cannot download anything, plus you can switch between luma and gateway mode by launching system settings, then just exit either holding start for gateway, or don't press anything and it'll boot luma on emu or sysnand, eshop will still work on sysnand with "luma mode", as you're installing patches to emunand

Last edited by aadz93, Oct 13, 2019
    Ammako likes this.
  12. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    How do I create an emunand? It's been so long I forgot.

13. aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    use godmode9, press home, more.., sd format menu, you can pick emunand size ( i used a 2GB multinand size, or just pick gw emunand), you will have to format your sd card so either have a backup or use a spare sd card

14. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    anyone try this yet?

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Is base64 code allowed here?

16. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    No piracy at all allowed here

Ammako and x65943 like this.
  17. aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
  18. aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    So far i've tested nsmb2, Brian age, sm3dw, majora mask, ultimate nes remix, starfox 64, 3d Sonic (Genesis port), donkey Kong country returns crashes once you start 1-3 (a system error....) This could just be the rom image too though, all others I tried work no issue

19. Important Posts 11.12 Update working
    aadz93
    OP

aadz93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    South Carolina
    Bump this still works for 11.12 just update and run sysupdater again

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted