Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser exploit is not relevant but the method to break the process and bring up the GW menu before it auto boots to emunand is.

Or are you asking about the CN and Oot. You need to keep one so you can fix any problems. CN can be used for other exploits.

I dont own cubic ninja or ocarina of time, can i still do the exploit?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

what is this for ? i've never heard of the rop installer

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
what is this for ? i've never heard of the rop installer
It's a DS mode program that flashes the ds profile exploit to the (n)3ds. It does what "NVRAM Install" does on the gateway menu.

The advantage of a DS app is that you theoretically only need CN or OOT once to downgrade the n3ds system settings, then you can reup the ds profile after that if you accidentally wipe it with just a DS flashcard.

paid mset install services incoming! :P (i hope not lol)

Reactions: satel

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(not wanting to repeat but) the mset downgrade is not just for n3ds right? i can do it on 4.5+ old3ds too?

who knows , i think your idea is correct in theory

but we have a better solution for old3ds , firmware downgrade

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 27 pages... I'm just gonna go ahead and ask. I'll be getting a 9.0 N3DS XL soon, and I already have CN. So basically, I need to do the 3.1.0 method first (using CN to format / install emunand), then I can proceed with 3.2.0 to downgrade my system settings?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Wow, 27 pages... I'm just gonna go ahead and ask. I'll be getting a 9.0 N3DS XL soon, and I already have CN. So basically, I need to do the 3.1.0 method first (using CN to format / install emunand), then I can proceed with 3.2.0 to downgrade my system settings?
You could just use 3.2 for both.

Reactions: Kenneth196

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here dare to try running PBT-CFW after downgrading their system settings? If it works, that should mean we can install and run DSiware cias on N3DS.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Scan qr code
-format emunand
-backup nand
-format sysnand with micro sd removed
-setup mset exploit (This must be done without emunand and only if you don't want to cartridge swap every time the console is powered off. Recommended to do this on a seperate micro sd card.)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My zoot worked fine, know there is a huge thread on the issue here. I am sure you can find it and some others.

I have a backup, but wouldn't I lose my recently bought games though?
Not sure, I have seen some processes with moving things between versions that really have me scratching my head. Just don't discount the possibility and look into on the retools thread and the spoof one.

so it is possible to system transfer to new3ds right now with firmware spoofing? but I'm not sure if it is worth locking myself out of emunand 9.7 still
It has been possible. There are limit ions on the fw so check your situation against the compatibility list.

We all have our own priorities and needs with the system. I haven't bothered to do the spoof because I don't find a need to. Everything I need is available in the "other" site.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've been reading installing MSET (the 4.5 system settings) you end up breaking new3ds features like face tracking is this true or are people not understanding how the exploit setup works?
Also is installing MSET even needed I plan on leaving the 3ds in sleep mode and dont mind booting cubic ninja every so often

Reactions: Arkansaw

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've been reading installing MSET (the 4.5 system settings) you end up breaking new3ds features like face tracking is this true or are people not understanding how the exploit setup works?
You don't break the features, you just can't change them without reinstalling the system settings. If the features were already set up when you did this, then they'd still work.

Reactions: Margen67

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok got this working perfectly but some question. When I go to system setting to us the ds profile the system still say i am on 9.0, so basically this is not a true downgrade but some kind of fake downgrade to use the 4.5 expoilt?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't break the features, you just can't change them without reinstalling the system settings. If the features were already set up when you did this, then they'd still work.

Ok that's good to hear but is it necessary at all this point or is it just for convenience so you don't need Cubic Ninja or OOT every launch.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Scan qr code
-format emunand
-backup nand
-format sysnand with micro sd removed
-setup mset exploit (This must be done without emunand and only if you don't want to cartridge swap every time the console is powered off. Recommended to do this on a seperate micro sd card.)

Ah perfect, straight and to the point. I assume that formatting the sysnand is to unlink the nands. So when setting up the mset exploit (side question, how come it's called mset?), insert another micro sd card (that doesnt have emunand on it) to set up?

Reactions: Adeka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER