Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

lentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...am I supposed to be moved straight to emuNand (gateway mode) when using ds profile method? I don't see the menus anymore.

Taslion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.2j N3ds that just will not allow itself to take the mset exploit. No matter how I apply it (disable emunand with hexworkshop, use new sd card, etc) it refuses to do anything other than crash the system menu, pop up an error dialogue, and proceed to reset the 3ds. Can anyone help me with this? Its really odd because my 9.1j n3ds has it working just fine. :/

Taslion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update, tried uninstalling the mset title manually with fbi and then installed the .cia with fbi. Still giving me the exact same error. Doing this on a brand new sd card as well. Anyone have a clue what the hell is going on with my n3ds? I don't understand why this one is giving me shit

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

Edit:
I forgot to mention that only the first option " 9.x Launcher.dat " will work on the new3ds. The others are for the old 3ds.
N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds = New3ds (1st option only, other 3 options are for old 3ds)
ROPInstaller_GWU.nds = old3ds (everything old3ds)

The rop installer will NOT run homebrew* on the new3ds. This new rop chain for 3.2 is radically different despite exploiting the 4.5 old 3ds settings app.

*kinda true, it will run user-mode rop under the downgraded 4.5 mset app on any new/old 3ds model on 9.x (developers only) If this statement confused you, then you should probably just ignore it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/page-46#post-5470358

Edit 2: slight update, rop chains were a little long before now they're just right. shouldn't change stability but you never know. also, source updated to reflect n3ds addition.

Attachments

• ROPInstaller_N3DS.zip
    811.7 KB · Views: 1,034
  • ROPInstaller_N3DS_2.zip
    811.7 KB · Views: 387

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use 3DSNUS to install 9.2 on SysNAND. Need my original System Settings back so I can make a new EmuNAND. Gateway REALLY needs to add support for keeping your NAND backup after making EmuNAND. It deletes your NAND backup if you do that.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait this is relevant for n3ds right?
The browser exploit is not relevant but the method to break the process and bring up the GW menu before it auto boots to emunand is.

Or are you asking about the CN and Oot. You need to keep one so you can fix any problems. CN can be used for other exploits.

Taslion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

OH THANK GOD. So it was the nvram installer that was not working. Your .nds file worked perfectly for my 9.2j n3ds!!!! Now the mset exploit is actually working. Thank god I had a r4i card laying around to randomly test this.

Reactions: Margen67 and zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it