Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 265,700
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically it's not for old 3DS right?

It's just another way to launch gateway on the old 3ds. If your using the ds profile exploit then you have no reason to update. If your launching gateway through the browser then this update might be for you.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3. Restore the savegame to the game: you can either use a generic savegame dongle OR use our Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS from a friend.

How do I restore the savegame to OoT? Where do I put the savegame at if Im using a New 3DS XL?

Using a generic savegame dongle: You copy the save to the offficial OOT cart using whatever softare you normally use with the dongle and your PC.

Using an original 3ds: You copy the savegame for your region from the gateway3.1 download file onto the SD card within a (original) 3ds, XL or 2ds, launch gateway via the DS profile or browser exploit, then use the gateway menu to write the save file to the official OOT cart.

You can then use that OOT cart (if you're lucky) to launch gateway on a New 3DS.

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using a generic savegame dongle: You copy the save to the offficial OOT cart using whatever softare you normally use with the dongle and your PC.

Using an original 3ds: You copy the savegame for your region from the gateway3.1 download file onto the SD card within a (original) 3ds, XL or 2ds, launch gateway via the DS profile or browser exploit, then use the gateway menu to write the save file to the official OOT cart.

You can then use that OOT cart (if you're lucky) to launch gateway on a New 3DS.
And where can i purchase a dongle ? Is it expensive ?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So is it the rev01 that this doesn't work with? Any way to tell from the box?
I've already ruled this out. I have a launch day NA OOT (scene release version), and after some serious screwing around, finally got it to work. It's booting every time now.
I reflashed with a 9.2 2ds and it worked. Don't know if it was that or a corruption reformat just prior had stabilized the save's state.

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work for people with the gateway and sky3ds combo? someone else on this forum seemed to be suspect gateway and sky3ds are the same company, but if the combo work out then it makes sense somehow for that suspicion even it might be only a joke lol..

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
One thing, it remove the preinstalled game on sysnand (it removed my Majora's Mask).
I don't really care personally (didn't lost my save as I haven't started to play it yet), but just wanted to say it if some people care about that.

what? how could it have done this...?

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered a copy of Cubic Ninja for $20. Dont' feel like waiting anymore haha. Hopefully GW has the CN support out 'soon'. It'll be out before any other exploit that donesn't require a game, for sure.

Stremon

Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure how you could be mad here... Gateway have never once said above 9.2 is okay, regardless of the console. All their work thus far have only supported up to 9.2, it's only right that it would continue unless they explicitly mentioned support for later firmwares are added
except they didn't specify at all which would be the maximum firmware for their exploit for n3ds, since it is not the same as the o3ds it could have been something else...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Let me first say,
- I know it supports only 9.2.0-xx consoles

But since it uses no ds or webbrowser to get into it i tried it anyway to let you all know it doesn't work on higher FW :P
- 9.4.0-xx 3DS XL -> Zelda OOT3D (day 1 release) -> Press "A" when in tree hut, just only freezes the game :D

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this exploit out how long until Nintendo tries to block emunand again? At that point will everyone who did not get in on this get screwed over?

super waluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I able to load the exploited JP save onto JP OoT with my NA old 3DS? I would think so since I was backing up saves from JP games on my NA unit but I wanna be extra sure.

Stremon

Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Let me first say,
- I know it supports only 9.2.0-xx consoles

But since it uses no ds or webbrowser to get into it i tried it anyway to let you all know it doesn't work on higher FW :P
- 9.4.0-xx 3DS XL -> Zelda OOT3D (day 1 release) -> Press "A" when in tree hut, just only freezes the game :D
if it does a freeze there might be hope for us haha
or maybe the problem is in another stage of the exploit...

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fuck this shit, I am getting me a Sky3DS and taking my lose with the Gateway. It is way cheaper then getting an old 3DS and a Zelda game which may or may not work.

And ordered!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?