Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 265,700
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was at the mall when I saw this announcement. there was a used appliance store with a bunch of used accessories and stuff.. Needless to say I found a copy of orcarina of time for 50 there. One and only copy hidden behind other 3ds games :) will be trying this tomorrow..

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Someone please do something.

All the hope is gone.
If you insist on crying, go cry.
Hahaha I just woke up and saw this post. Jesus Christ, this is Gateway's solution for N3DS users? I own Ocarina of Time but I really cannot be bothered using this exploit every time I want to boot into Gateway mode.

I'm going to update my N3DS XL and grab my girlfriends old 3DS. People waited 4 months for THIS. Oh lawdy.
If you both read it the whole post, it was just a temp fix for now. Will be updated later.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Hahaha I just woke up and saw this post. Jesus Christ, this is Gateway's solution for N3DS users? I own Ocarina of Time but I really cannot be bothered using this exploit every time I want to boot into Gateway mode.

I'm going to update my N3DS XL and grab my girlfriends old 3DS. People waited 4 months for THIS. Oh lawdy.
lol. Given that smash/mh4 don't even reboot the n3ds why wouldn't you just do this ONCE then never reboot and just stay in GW mode? You know the console goes to sleep if you shut it right?

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
okay, this is weird, but when I first set up emuNAND and everything on my N3DS and N3DSXL, the super-stable 3D didn't work, like Gateway said, right? But now that I've been formatting sysNAND's and tranferring data, the super-stable 3D works!

edit: or at least it was working when I was setting up the console after a fresh format

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Dang. I don't have OOT, such is the price for being a software pirate. I'm glad to see another great GW release and that they're still working on it.

I have an Original and XL 3DS to keep me going till the next update.

Though I might borrow the game for a NAND Dump. Just in Case.

Peace.

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Everything would be ok if it wouldn't be such an old game thats needed to boot.

JAP version is not available anywhere. Looked already everywhere.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just updated my emunan to 9.5 and all is ok, option showing GW so no probs.

For the exploit, I used my day one Zelda Oot card.

;)

PS: anyone have a way to keep or transfer save from the card to the rom, because I have a 50% save on my card, I made a backup before load exploit, but when I launch the rom (3dz) the game say the save is corrupt... I well renamed my save with the card ID. Also the save is a 128kb save.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
okay, this is weird, but when I first set up emuNAND and everything on my N3DS and N3DSXL, the super-stable 3D didn't work, like Gateway said, right? But now that I've been formatting sysNAND's and tranferring data, the super-stable 3D works!

edit: or at least it was working when I was setting up the console after a fresh format
Yea, it's silly but you have to put the n3ds in standby mode, then out of standby mode to have super stable 3d work. Then it works ^.^

super waluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I can get a JP copy of OoT3D I'll be able to run Gateway/region free on my Japanese New 3DS? If so I'll be getting a copy very soon I suppose. :/

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to choose format emunand first for GW to show up in the settings menu.

haha i know that. its definitely emunand. apparently some bigger micro sd cards are causing the settings menu to not show the gw after being in emunand. according to a post by davhuit in the other gw thread. i have a 32gb in mine

Reactions: weatMod

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving this from the Card Info thread.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.​
It looks like certain versions of the game come with 1.1 (as stated).​
From my understanding, the problem is that the header's containing 1.0 don't match the 1.1 carts ans this causes the corruption.​
Wouldn't that mean that all Gateway has to do is introduce a save file that works with the 1.1 cards?​

Another thing is that, if this isn't the case, then is there a security hole that was plugged in the later carts that prevent the launcher from working?

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The funny part is that most of the guys searching for Ocarina of time will get a version that doesn't work with the exploit because all the guys that have a version that doesn't work will sell it on ebay now that the price is sky rocketed...

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. Restore the savegame to the game: you can either use a generic savegame dongle OR use our Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS from a friend.

How do I restore the savegame to OoT? Where do I put the savegame at if Im using a New 3DS XL?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price hasn't really changed, though. It's been well above MSRP because it's been out of print, not because of the GW exploit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, which one of your brothers?