• Views 52,964
  • Replies 345
  • Likes 12

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, so I have a question. I was going to make a new topic, but I've already made 2 of those in the past 15 minutes so I decided against it.
I had a 9.2.0 3ds. I just downgraded it to 4.2. How do I get CFW working? If it needs 4.5, what games can update me to 4.5?

I'm pretty sure Luigi's Mansion has 4.5.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I see there are no reports of downgraded 2DS yet. Guess people are too afraid to try downgrading them. So I'll repeat myself: Just try downgrading your emunand. If it still works, that means that a 2DS should be capable of running a downgraded sysnand as well.

I don't think it is possible as a 2DS is shipped with post 4.xx and the same applies to the N3DS. It is the same with a PSPGo that came with 6.20. Downgrading to a lower fw is not possible, due to hardware changes, so I think this applies to the 2DS and N3DS.

Gateway need to clalify this properly.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I have a question. I was going to make a new topic, but I've already made 2 of those in the past 15 minutes so I decided against it.
I had a 9.2.0 3ds. I just downgraded it to 4.2. How do I get CFW working? If it needs 4.5, what games can update me to 4.5?

No it doesn't need 4.5

Reactions: Margen67

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a quick question, Does this fix the bug which happens when you go on "Classic mode" the Gateway, Then it gives you a black screen. Did they fix that? Cause u need to check when I get home. But I had an issue with that at 3.0, as well as my friends hopefully it fixed.
I just tried (without emunand) and it doesn't work. Maybe it needs the white/red card?

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm just done reading up on all the cia install and devmenu (BigBlueMenu)
I managed to install cia's etc...

So basicly i figured out everything i wanted to figure out till now (not online play with 3dz)
and now the downgarde is there :D, first i'm gonna read up on dumping my own gamecarts for the headers so i can inject those for 3dz stuff :)

That's ultra easy !
Just backup any retail card with the gateway menu. Then download Gateway rom patcher. Open the retail card dump and save the header in a separate file. Then open your other rom and inject the header file. If the patcher wants to change the CHIP ID, say yes and don't forget to re copy-paste the Card ID in the custom header menu of the patcher (little bug).

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded successfully on a launch black 3DS (Mar 2011). I want to try my Smash Bros LE 3DS but I'm scared

rumblpak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to install the blue card DS exploit after you DG?, since you was on stock 6.3 to begin with before updating to 9.2?

It was the blue card that wasn't working but the problem was that I had ninjhax still installed from 9.2 which was breaking things. Future note to others, uninstall that (or delete the gamesave) first.

Reactions: Margen67

iwasaperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded. Exploiting doesn't work with my DSTWO, but it works just fine with my blue card. Wonder why that is.

EDIT: Exploiting is just really finicky all together.

EDIT2: Never mind. I just have to launch a DS card, exit, reboot, then exploit with either card.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded. Exploiting doesn't work with my DSTWO, but it works just fine with my blue card. Wonder why that is.

EDIT: Exploiting is just really finicky all together.
Yeah, it is finicky. Sometimes just have to restart my 3DS and try again, other times just pull and reinsert the blue card. I haven't had to re-exploit for a long time, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...