XP
Country
China
6VJbuN1.png

Also, yolo:
KDEoAdo.png

(NES emulator in gameyob in DraStic)

can you beat this?:
(ignore the wii u part and pretend its dolphin, the wii u emulator part ruined it...)
6560214_700b.jpg

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the SNES emulator up is emulation/virtualization. SNES->Wii->Windows->Linux
I did NES->GBC->DS->Android, so we're tied. I'd could emulate Android on Windows, and stick Windows in a Linux VM and I'd 2-up it.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There aren't really. The only thing is the bootrom, which allows the initial state of the system to be more accurate, but I don't know if it's any different from my own initialization routines.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Drenn, dunno if you noticed, but blargSNES is running into the same issue of screwing up emulation when the 3DS shell is closed and reopened... maybe it's something that StapleButter will eventually work around? Maybe you should get in touch with him at some point...

Relevant link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/blargsnes-snes-emulator-for-the-3ds-wip.369900/

That's interesting. It affects gameyob, nesDS, and apparently blargsnes which runs in 3DS mode? What a silly machine. Then again, blargsnes IS in early stages...

Reactions: MarkDarkness
G

GrossePhillippe

If anyone's interested, I ripped all the built-in borders from the Super Game Boy and Super Game Boy 2 (including the hidden ones) along with all the borders from Mario's Picross and Picross 2 (again, including all the hidden ones). I spent ages searching around for them online but I couldn't find them. So I just ripped them all myself. I figured someone else might want them too.

Download: Here

Thumbnail Preview:
borderpreview.png

And as a bonus, included is a Pokemon Crystal border I made in the style of Gold and Silver's borders. I originally just made it for myself, but someone else out there might like it.

If anyone wants that in full-size for PC emulators that let you set custom borders (like BGB), here ya go:
backgrnd.bmp
Thank you for ripping and uploading these!

Reactions: Shugo Takahashi
G

GrossePhillippe

Here are the cheats I use for Pokemon Crystal if anyone needs them:

0010B44BE 0PCC Event Trigger
0173F2D0 0Buy GS Ball
914089DA 0GS Ball Trigger

The first one will allow you to walk into the pokecenter in Golden Rod City in the United States version and trigger the GS ball event so that a nurse comes down from the second floor and gives it to you, it takes a little fussing around to get it to work but its pretty neat. The second one just allows you to buy a GS ball from any pokemart and the third is a trigger for the second code, you might need to use it with the first one as well, it just makes it so that Kurt will accept the ball if he isn't working on anything else.

Just save these as a UTF-8 .txt file and replace the extension of the file to .cht (i.e.: "Pokemon Crystal.cht")

Have fun

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Drenn i would like to request a very cool feature, but maybe too hard and\or will give a lot of work.. i tried nesDS and when we launch a game, we can eject the card and use the same card to play multiplayer on 2 consoles

this would be cool... and with manual save, i could put the card back on the console and trade pokemons using 2 diferent roms on 2 diferent ds, but on same card...

but the 4mb of ram the console have could be a problem... some roms are 4mb in size... but there could be a little of workaround, launching gameyob on one console then choose a "client option" go on a second ds, launch it and choose "host" and the second ds "streams" the rom to the first ds via wifi...

well, if you are a developer who likes challenges (even if not so usefull, [if one person really wants this they get a really cheap r4..]) and got free time, it was a good challenge...

HO and i forgot to ask, when i press "Quit to launcher" the ds lite shuts down, does it need to be DLDI patched or something? (DSTWO card)

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drenn i would like to request a very cool feature, but maybe too hard and\or will give a lot of work.. i tried nesDS and when we launch a game, we can eject the card and use the same card to play multiplayer on 2 consoles

this would be cool... and with manual save, i could put the card back on the console and trade pokemons using 2 diferent roms on 2 diferent ds, but on same card...

but the 4mb of ram the console have could be a problem... some roms are 4mb in size... but there could be a little of workaround, launching gameyob on one console then choose a "client option" go on a second ds, launch it and choose "host" and the second ds "streams" the rom to the first ds via wifi...

well, if you are a developer who likes challenges (even if not so usefull, [if one person really wants this they get a really cheap r4..]) and got free time, it was a good challenge...

HO and i forgot to ask, when i press "Quit to launcher" the ds lite shuts down, does it need to be DLDI patched or something? (DSTWO card)

I've contemplated this before. But before getting too fancy, I need to make sure the multiplayer feature actually... works :P I've been working on it. I have an overhauled build which can run 2 gameboys in parallel, which should allow me to implement linking properly. I'm not sure if it'd support cartridge swapping though... we'll see. Unfortunately the consequences to speed have been rather significant, even with just 1 gameboy running.

I haven't released any updates because I want to mess around with a 3ds port before polishing this overhaul. For now I'm waiting for a gateway to get here.

"Quit to Launcher" requires support from the launcher itself. Not sure if your dstwo menu supports it.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey Drenn, I know most users use colorization for monochrome games but just in case you're interested in adding the Virtual Console palettes to Gameyob as alt grayscales, these are the palettes in hex:
3DS VC
0xCECEAD
0xA5A58C
0x6B6B52
0x292919

3DS VC Green
0xBDFF21
0x9CEF29
0x5A8C42
0x4A4A4A

Wii VC - Kirby's Dream Collection
0xBDBD9C
0x8C8C73
0x5A5A4A
0x313119

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2