Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Team Fail Get over it man. I see you posting this same old argument on each homebrew thread. We get it, you don't like Gateway.

Instead of complaining about it all the time why not do something constructive and build your own homebrew loader for 3DS?

Until then, Gateway is the only way to get proper homebrew running on the ARM11.

Reactions: Heien and redact

loco365

Trophies
XP
Team Fail Get over it man. I see you posting this same old argument on each homebrew thread. We get it, you don't like Gateway.

Instead of complaining about it all the time why not do something constructive and build your own homebrew loader for 3DS?

No, it's not that I don't like them, it's just that their product is so damn expensive. I can understand paying $25 to $35 for a flashcard, but $70+? That's a major purchase given my income.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not that I don't like them, it's just that their product is so damn expensive. I can understand paying $25 to $35 for a flashcard, but $70+? That's a major purchase given my income.

Some people would argue that spending $70+ on one cartridge would mean huge savings, since you don't have to buy games, like ever. And don't tell me you want it for homebrew, because I wouldn't even pay said $25 to $35 for emulators that can barely run NES games. I get it, though. You want everything to either be free or dirt cheap. Keep wishing for a soft-mod, because the real shit ain't cheap, buddy, and since Gateway is the team behind all progress (not counting all of those amazing things by other scene devs, that never get released), they can ask whatever they want, and your choice is either to pay, or not. Can't afford it? Tough bananas.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very nice, you seem to actually know how the snes emulator works and about the snes architecture itself :)

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
smealum will eventually release his exploit, that'll also run on more firmware versions than the Gateway.

Other than that, thank you guys! :)

I'm going on a vacation trip for a while, but I'll also be working on blargSnes there. I want to make it render sprites and all the layers instead of just two. I hope all that won't kill performance...

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smealum will eventually release his exploit, that'll also run on more firmware versions than the Gateway.

Other than that, thank you guys! :)

I'm going on a vacation trip for a while, but I'll also be working on blargSnes there. I want to make it render sprites and all the layers instead of just two. I hope all that won't kill performance...

try rendering the sprites on the 3d layer ^^

Reactions: Margen67 and Yacir

loco365

Trophies
XP
Some people would argue that spending $70+ on one cartridge would mean huge savings, since you don't have to buy games, like ever. And don't tell me you want it for homebrew, because I wouldn't even pay said $25 to $35 for emulators that can barely run NES games. I get it, though. You want everything to either be free or dirt cheap. Keep wishing for a soft-mod, because the real shit ain't cheap, buddy, and since Gateway is the team behind all progress (not counting all of those amazing things by other scene devs, that never get released), they can ask whatever they want, and your choice is either to pay, or not. Can't afford it? Tough bananas.

Gonna be honest here, but I'd only use it for homebrew at this point - I have all the 3DS games I want, plus, the only way you can play homebrew now is with a Gateway. I honestly could care less for .3DS rom support at the moment.

StapleButter Ah, it'll work on ssspwn? That, I can look forward to.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Gonna be honest here, but I'd only use it for homebrew at this point - I have all the 3DS games I want, plus, the only way you can play homebrew now is with a Gateway. I honestly could care less for .3DS rom support at the moment.

Still would be nice to have something that didn't require an expensively priced little cartridge.

And I don't care about ssspwn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs