Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for thi noob question, but what is md5 ? :)
You mean the gameyob.nds file ?

md5 is a hash, a way of verifying the integrity of the file. On linux / mingw I use the md5sum command to get the md5 of the file. Don't worry about it though, just see if redownloading gameyob.nds fixes it...

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, I put again the gameyob.nds and the issue is still there.
I will try to get the md5, as I may have access to a linux machine at my work.

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just used the md5sum command, and I confirm I have the same for the gameyob.nds I am using:
7771ee3f1076232bce30404a767e319e

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what am i doing wrong in that Pokemon Crystal doesnt save in my Sudokuhax DSi?

it creates the file in the sd card but, GameYob doesn’t read it later.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what am i doing wrong in that Pokemon Crystal doesnt save in my Sudokuhax DSi?

it creates the file in the sd card but, GameYob doesn’t read it later.

I'm not exactly sure, but people have reported issues with autosaving, while it was working fine for me... try disabling autosaving. Then, when you hit the "exit" button your save file should be safely copied to the sd card.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not exactly sure, but people have reported issues with autosaving, while it was working fine for me... try disabling autosaving. Then, when you hit the "exit" button your save file should be safely copied to the sd card.

ill try that. thanks for this great little app.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about everything I've tried with the exception of Lufia for the GB has worked (the Lufia ROM says 'LUFIA RETURNLCE", cartridge type 1b (MBC5), ROM size: 06 (128 banks), RAM size: 03 (4 banks), if that's any help).

Considering how many more things you've got running on this than lameboy did, I'll take the tradeoff. Though I do wonder what's going on with Lufia that it worked in lameboy but not gameyob.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just about everything I've tried with the exception of Lufia for the GB has worked (the Lufia ROM says 'LUFIA RETURNLCE", cartridge type 1b (MBC5), ROM size: 06 (128 banks), RAM size: 03 (4 banks), if that's any help).

Considering how many more things you've got running on this than lameboy did, I'll take the tradeoff. Though I do wonder what's going on with Lufia that it worked in lameboy but not gameyob.

I'm pretty sure lufia works in v0.5 =P though I can't gurantee anything if you used one of the "latest builds".

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell. I forgot I wanted to try that hack that fixed some english typos and expanded on the spells' names, but stripped out the german stuff. That would explain that one.

Well then everything's great. :)

I'm particularly impressed by the Shantae 'GBA' enhancement.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, chances are I've probably screwed this up too, but worth a report:

Battle Arena Toshinden - I remember having this a loooong time ago for the Super Gameboy. It was an oddity - a B&W Gameboy game that somehow had a background border.

is how it used to look on SGB.

The borders still kinda does look exactly right, as does the loading screen, but when the characters show up, gameyob has been loading it in ugly shades of green no matter what I try (except turning off the color altogether and getting it in just black and white.)

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, chances are I've probably screwed this up too, but worth a report:

Battle Arena Toshinden - I remember having this a loooong time ago for the Super Gameboy. It was an oddity - a B&W Gameboy game that somehow had a background border.

is how it used to look on SGB.

The borders still kinda does look exactly right, as does the loading screen, but when the characters show up, gameyob has been loading it in ugly shades of green no matter what I try (except turning off the color altogether and getting it in just black and white.)

Hmm. It could be a bug in gameyob. If I recall, there were also colorization issues in Mario's Picross 2...

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Mario's Picross 2 a B&W gameboy that also had a SGB frame? Because if it does, would that be the best place to look as a debug? Find out what other B&W GB had a Super Gameboy border?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was Mario's Picross 2 a B&W gameboy that also had a SGB frame? Because if it does, would that be the best place to look as a debug? Find out what other B&W GB had a Super Gameboy border?

I'm not sure what you mean. Mario's Picross 2 was SGB enhanced, just like Battle Arena.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, Battle Arena Toshinden was a GB game that had a SGB frame. Most of fthe SGB border games I've seen were GBC, not GB.

Games which are SGB enhanced have SGB frames. GBC mode has nothing to do with it... it just so happens that certain games which support the GBC, also support the SGB.

I guess it's worth noting that, when run in GBC mode, GBC games aren't supposed to have SGB borders. That's just a hacked-up feature in gameyob - it runs the game in SGB mode long enough to receive the SGB border, then it restarts into GBC mode. Because SGB mode and GBC mode are mutually exclusive.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I have no ideas. That was a neat trick, btw. I wasn't expecting that. I did figure out how to get the color feature on while SGB mode was on. Hadn't realized that was a particular hack.

Neat.

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a couple problems running the emulator. When I try to enter a directory, it instantly freezes. When I try to launch a game from the root directory (any game), both screens turn black and the game doesn't load. I'm using a Supercard SD. I've tried both 0.5 and the latest .nds, patched with DLDI just like all my other homebrew. Any ideas as to what's happening here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm happy its first person.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All big titles should offer first and 3rd person it's been a thing since like gtaV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing Killer Clowns from Outer Space all day, is pretty fun. Basically Friday 13th but with clowns. One of my favorite b rated movies from way back.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is it a game or a movie? get decided!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its a game based off the old movie
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a down scene with slow drums
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi