Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
I'm still looking for the 3D box art template, where to find it or what tool do you guy's use.
The site automatically does the 3D box art for you when you upload a flat cover, apparently. No template needed.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The 3D boxart template is from Neorame and the script from Zorglub (Lustar).

@Yod4z : the correct cover for RQBPUG is now on the site , thank you
wink.gif

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The disc image for Excitebots ntsc was not found on the server. I checked the Wiitdb but it appears to have it. Is there a problem?

EDIT: Well I just uploaded one for excitebots and it seems to be working now.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isoku said:
The disc image for Excitebots ntsc was not found on the server. I checked the Wiitdb but it appears to have it. Is there a problem?

EDIT: Well I just uploaded one for excitebots and it seems to be working now.
The one you uploaded was a custom disc cover. Please only upload retail disc images, or upload under "customdisc" if you wish to post a custom one. Depending on which USB Loader you're using, you should be able to go to the settings and have it automatically download custom disc art if there isn't any retail disc art available.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
NeoRame said:
Benjay said:
The 3D boxart template is from Zorglub (Lustar).

nope, the template was from me ;-)

yes , i'm sorry , i've edited for the third time my post ^^
the first time i had written "script from Neorame" , and the second , "template from Zorglub" ^^
Zorglub has just sent me a PM to tell me to edit my post .
All my apologizes.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made a Adobe Fireworks CS3 command script that will use the 3D noimage.png (160 x 225) as default and adjust a flat cover (160 x 225) to fit exactly.

Easy as 1,2,3

- save/extract the script and noimage.png
- start Fireworks CS3
- browse to the dir where you extract the 2 files
- open noimage.png
- Go to Commands (top) and click Run Script
- open 3D-cover.jsf

It will open a window where you select the flat cover.
once you select it and clicked on open....
the magic has allready been done (that fast!!)
and it will promt you to save the new image

I didn't test it with CS4 or any other language than Englisch, but I think it will work because it's just a script.

Post it here soon! (tonight)

Twid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm looking for somebody who can provide me a file (GIMP, Paint.Net, CS4...) with layers and everything else he used to create a custom disc art with DVD label, esrb, etc like the ones we can find on WiiTDB.

This is to help to complete WiiTDB
moogle.gif

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
milcoi said:
I made a Adobe Fireworks CS3 command script that will use the 3D noimage.png (160 x 225) as default and adjust a flat cover (160 x 225) to fit exactly.

Easy as 1,2,3

- start Fireworks CS3
- open noimage.png
- open 3D-cover.jsf

I didn't test it with CS4 or any other language than Englisch, but I think it will work because it's just a script.

first why o dont create CS droplet??? i have create a droplet (no i wont share it), easy to use. drop your files on it wait e few seconds (if u make more cver maybe minutes ;-)) Thats it!

and second, u dont need any scripts. use WIITDB.com. upload a file and the site create the 3d cover automaticly!!!

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
milcoi said:

Easy as 1,2,3

- start Fireworks CS3
- open noimage.png
- open 3D-cover.jsf

first why o dont create CS droplet??? i have create a droplet (no i wont share it), easy to use. drop your files on it wait e few seconds (if u make more cver maybe minutes ;-)) Thats it!

and second, u dont need any scripts. use WIITDB.com. upload a file and the site create the 3d cover automaticly!!!

its easy,

1. dont mention you do not want to share something
2. or share it
3. stop whining if you do not contribute

people like you are a disgrace. if everyone was like you, you shouldnt have homebrewchannel and a usb loader in the first place

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Twid said:
Hi, I'm looking for somebody who can provide me a file (GIMP, Paint.Net, CS4...) with layers and everything else he used to create a custom disc art with DVD label, esrb, etc like the ones we can find on WiiTDB.I think you can find templates at console-covers.com
The most popular style is "Marker", that's the one that should be used if possible.

NeoRame said:
and second, u dont need any scripts. use WIITDB.com. upload a file and the site create the 3d cover automaticly!!!Yes, I don't understand either, uploading means everybody can benefit from it, and it's so easy...
Maybe it's for the challenge, or to make covers for a language that is not available on the site.

sakax said:
QUOTE(NeoRame @ Sep 1 2009, 01:58 PM)
its easy,

1. dont mention you do not want to share something
2. or share it
3. stop whining if you do not contribute

people like you are a disgrace. if everyone was like you, you shouldnt have homebrewchannel and a usb loader in the first place
I'm sorry to tell you you flamed the wrong guy on this one, unless that was a joke. look up NeoRame on the forum.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NeoRame said:
milcoi said:

Easy as 1,2,3

- start Fireworks CS3
- open noimage.png
- open 3D-cover.jsf

CS droplet for Fireworks isn't possible.
where to upload the file on your site? (add a game?)
I don't want to fill in all the details it's just for personal use. I make my own 3D covers.
The script and small tut. above is just for people who also like to make their own 3D covers and using Fireworks.
I will share it tonight.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
milcoi said:
where to upload the file on your site? (add a game?)
I don't want to fill in all the details it's just for personal use. I make my own 3D covers.
You don't need to fill the database to upload a cover.
If you want to add a cover for a game that is not in the database yet, you can use "Create a Page/add a game", and just fill the title if you don't want to contribute to the database.
If the game is listed on the site, you just have to log in, use Search or go to wiitdb.com/Game/(full gameID), then use the Upload Artwork button.
You don't even have to rename the file, the only requirement is to upload a perfect looking picture.
If you see a cover that needs to be improved, you can post here and it will be fixed.

We need volunteers to help create a High Quality pack of Full Covers.
The HQ category will be used by Wiiflow (and any software that needs it)
We already have packs for NTSC and English PAL covers but they need to be checked and improved.
The FR pack is almost complete.
If you want to help (meaning doing a lot of HQ full covers), or if you're willing to provide a full cover pack for your region (JA,KO,DE,ES,IT,NL,PT), contact me or Benjay.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
hdhacker said:
Is this really Metroid Prime: Dualogy?

http://wiitdb.com/Game/R3ME01It's fixed now. It appears there is a modded version of Metroid Prime Trilogy that's floating around, named "dualogy".
This user must have thought it was the correct name.

patrick9999 said:
hi,
i think it's the wrong full cover : http://wiitdb.com/Game/RXIP52

Transformers : Revenge of the FallenFixed.

QUOTE(Yod4z @ Sep 1 2009, 06:03 PM)
RLYPWR IT cover is Bad (US one)
Thanks, it's fixed, and I'm sending you a PM
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM