Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Kin8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yod4z said:
Pakatus has uploaded BR cover for PT cover (look at the logo on the botom left) for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
its me
wink.gif

In the homepage wiitdb site:
QUOTEWhat's new:

* 08/28: Olá, Portuguese titles/synopsis can now be added to the database. The code changed from country code (PO) to language code (PT) since there is now Portuguese text and not only artwork specific to Portugal.

rolleyes.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zorglub07 said:
Olá, Portuguese titles/synopsis can now be added to the database
smile.gif

The code changed from country code (PO) to language code (PT) since there is now Portuguese text and not only artwork specific to Portugal.
USB Loader GX has been updated to support this (r716)

nikeymikey said:
Hi i have noticed a small problem that occurs when using the wiitdb.xml in USB Loader GX.
The game Puzzler Collection (RPCP41) displays as Deadly Creatures (RPCP78), i know its a small bug so it can probably be fixed quickly. Its the only game i have noticed that has this problem although there may b others i dont know of. This has only happened since the site move server as it used to display the corrct name and info for this game.
Thanks
Thanks for reporting this! it's fixed now.
This wasn't due to the site move but it did start the day the site reopened, someone added a seemingly (I hope) wrong ID to the database for Deadly Creatures.
This shouldn't be a problem as long as two games don't share the first 4 letters of the game ID, but unless a publisher makes a mistake this shouldn't happen and means one of the ID is wrong.
This could be fixed by using the full ID to load titles, this possibly issue was known for a long time but nobody changed it because it worked fine as it was.
I don't see a reason not to use the full ID so it may change eventually.

Thanks for the quick fix!! If i spot anymore probs as i go, i'll b sure to report them.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Kin8 said:
In the homepage wiitdb site:
QUOTE said:
What's new:
* 08/28: Olá, Portuguese titles/synopsis can now be added to the database. The code changed from country code (PO) to language code (PT) since there is now Portuguese text and not only artwork specific to Portugal.
Sorry, I meant it as "there is now Portuguese text as well, not just artwork specific to Portugal".
If it's a PAL game the Portuguese artwork should be used. Are Brazilian games PAL or NTSC?

Yod4z: The games you mentioned are fixed.

Bergkees

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zorglub07 said:
Is this the only site that displays like that on your setup?
Hmm yes pretty much I think. Might have seen this once or twice on another website though.
I'm using vista64 with ie8 but the site still looks the same when i use firefox 3.5.2
Maybe i'm missing some fonts on my system? Which one does WiiTDB use?

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Bergkees said:
zorglub07 said:
Is this the only site that displays like that on your setup?
Hmm yes pretty much I think. Might have seen this once or twice on another website though.
I'm using vista64 with ie8 but the site still looks the same when i use firefox 3.5.2
Maybe i'm missing some fonts on my system? Which one does WiiTDB use?
Nothing fancy at all: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the site down at the mo?

i cant seem to connect either through USB Loader GX or on my pc.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) in /home/wiitdb/www/wiitdb/cookbook/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 364

Fatal error: Call to a member function ErrorMsg() on a non-object in /home/wiitdb/www/wiitdb/cookbook/adodb-connect.php on line 101

thats the message i am getting.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The site is fixed! I can download covers and disc art from within USB Loader GX but there seems to b a problem updating the wiitdb.zip. I am wondering if this is still a site problem because it worked this morning before the site went down.

Thanks

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
nikeymikey said:
there seems to b a problem updating the wiitdb.zip. I am wondering if this is still a site problem because it worked this morning before the site went down.
It seems to work fine, did you try updating several times in a short time?
There is a limit to the number of times you can update wiitdb.zip in a certain amount of time.
If you didn't try recently, try again, and if it doesn't work send me your IP by PM just after you tried and I'll be able to look at the file (if I catch your PM in time)

What's new on the site:
- High resolution covers for Wiiflow are almost ready.
- The titles.txt file used by Configurable Loader, Coverfloader and Wiiflow has changed to use the full game ID.

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I have a game which is on my loader, which you have the cover for it on your site but loader will not download it. it is

Little Leagues: World Series Baseball 2008

ID: RLHP52.

also disk covers

GI Joe id: RIP69

can you add it to the download list please

Thanks

data0002

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
data0002 said:
Hi all
I have a game which is on my loader, which you have the cover for it on your site but loader will not download it. it is
Little Leagues: World Series Baseball 2008
ID: RLHP52.
also disk covers
GI Joe id: RIP69
can you add it to the download list please
Thanks
data0002
It's done. The cover was for the French version (small text in French), I added the Italian and English covers.
Remember you can add missing covers, it doesn't take long at all.
From the game page, shift-click on the google image search link, find a high quality version of the cover from the good region, save it, use the form to upload it.
You don't need to resize or convert, and the 3D cover will be generated automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psis youtube box