luckyvictor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delete Wii & the internet

"The Wii + Internet Channel or Wii & The Internet Channel (or alternatively known as the Get Connected Video Channel or Wii: See What You Can Do On the Internet) is installed to Wii console units manufactured in October 2008 or later. It contains an informational video specifying the benefits of connecting the Wii console to the Internet, such as downloading extra channels, new software, Virtual Console titles, and playing games over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

Source: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Wii_+_Internet_Channel

Thanks, will delete this one. So for those that I can move, will they still be readable by Wii or just a temp storage?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You won't have to worry about gamesaves storage space after deleting that one channel, look at how many blocks it's taking up compared to the rest! Lol

If u want to save gamesaves and channels to be on an SD card or usb, I suggest looking into an building an emulated nand with usb loader gx, modmii, or extracted nand.bin from your wii. U can even boot into it using Neek so the system menu itself is running off an external device, and "insert" a disk onto the disk drive by selecting one you have stored on us. Modmii can help u set this up

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here is all I have (nothing in game cube), 20 game profiles and 5 channels.

Can you please suggest me what is the best arrangement?
Odd, I have over 8 pages of saves plus 6 games DLC installed and I still have 1600 blocks left.
Of fourse, WiiWare and VC are on SD card, but still it's strange that your System Memory is filled already with very little software.

luckyvictor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your won't have to worry about gamesaves storage space after deleting that one channel, look at how many blocks it's taking up compared to the rest! Lol

If u want to save gamesaves and channels to be on an SD card or usb, I suggest looking into an building an emulated nand with usb loader gx, modmii, or extracted nand.bin from your wii. U can even boot into it using Neek so the system menu itself is running off an external device, and "insert" a disk onto the disk drive by selecting one you have stored on us. Modmii can help u set this up
I can see delete the internet will give me 1300 block which will give space for lots of game, but I just want to know whether Wii can load gamesave from SD card.

It sounds very complicated, will look into it in the weekend, thanks
Post automatically merged:

Odd, I have over 8 pages of saves plus 6 games DLC installed and I still have 1600 blocks left.
Of fourse, WiiWare and VC are on SD card, but still it's strange that your System Memory is filled already with very little software.
You have the Wii n internet deleted?

Anyway, the fact that you have 1600 plus is a lot! Adding up All my data is still less than your free space.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can see delete the internet will give me 1300 block which will give space for lots of game, but I just want to know whether Wii can load gamesave from SD card.

It sounds very complicated, will look into it in the weekend, thanks
Post automatically merged:

You have the Wii n internet deleted?
I only have Disc Channel, Mii Channel and Homebrew Channel. I also believe Miis takes data space in Wiis Memory, so I too have just two.

Photo Channel and others got uninstalled with WadManager in 2012 or earlier, can't remember. Basically my Wii is empty aside of Game's Saves and installed DLC.

luckyvictor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your cios look fine in your syscheck, some games u may need to adjust your language or video mode settings to get them to play right, or it could be a bad rip or something like that.

Priiloader and bootmii ios is missing from your syscheck, you should drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do. Also install bootmii boot2 if your wii is capable and it's not already installed.

Hard drive seems to be fine as other games are launching. If your hacks are really outdated you my also still be running a wbfs formatted hard drive, if so, you should switch to fat32. Wbfs2fat can help with converting, and modmii's usb loader up wizard might also help u make sure everything else is up to date. Or u can simply drag and drop your sd card or hard drive drive letter onto modmii.exe and it can assist with updating the apps it detects
So after I have the update suggested by modmii, can I play Japanese region play as well?

luckyvictor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to even now via a usbloader, if any issues be sure to double check language and video mode settings.

If playing via the system menu you may need to enable some priiloader region free system menu hacks.
Cheers, thanks for being so sharing and patient with me

So what I understand is, all the game must be able playable on my Wii after all the softmod work done after modmii update. If it doesn't, may have to change the language setting as well as the video setting that is designed for the game original region. (At this point I don't need to worry about region anymore if region free hack is done). Therefore if it still fails, probably is due to corrupted wbfs file.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Wii Backup Manager 0.3.8 Build 61 (2011).

And after transferring games, File>Exit MUST be clicked. If I press the 'X" on the up right to exit instead, games will be corrupted and will not boot.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wii backup manager==>

it correctly places the games on the hard drive.

Doing a simple copy and paste of your games without Wii Backup Manager on the hard drive can corrupt the game(s).

Wii Backup Manager itself can also corrupt the games so be careful with the options. Build 76 states "Fixed: A serious issue with title renaming that caused corrupt WBFS files. By not rewriting the WBFS header when renaming the title, it removes the possibility of the header getting corrupt."

That was not actually fixed. It still happens.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wii Backup Manager itself can also corrupt the games so be careful with the options. Build 76 states "Fixed: A serious issue with title renaming that caused corrupt WBFS files. By not rewriting the WBFS header when renaming the title, it removes the possibility of the header getting corrupt."

That was not actually fixed. It still happens.
Why the hack will you try to rename titles inside wbfs files (ie hacking "rom" files). You can change the display names with a simple EXTERNAL text file with loaders. Leave the wbfs alone

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the hack will you try to rename titles inside wbfs files (ie hacking "rom" files). You can change the display names with a simple EXTERNAL text file with loaders. Leave the wbfs alone

That is 100% beside the point. The bug still exists and I also literally said "careful with the options". Some people are new to this, haven't used the app before, and don't fully understand what all of the options do. It's better to point it out than to act like I shouldn't have mentioned it because "who would ever?!?!?!" Well, plenty, obviously, or it wouldn't have ever been listed as a major bug. I was very much effected by it way back when, so it was a heads up to a new user.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That is 100% beside the point. The bug still exists and I also literally said "careful with the options". Some people are new to this, haven't used the app before, and don't fully understand what all of the options do. It's better to point it out than to act like I shouldn't have mentioned it because "who would ever?!?!?!" Well, plenty, obviously, or it wouldn't have ever been listed as a major bug. I was very much effected by it way back when, so it was a heads up to a new user.

well I don't think new users will try to change any options especially changing titles. so the "heads up" is actually more harmful than doing nothing.
Only adventurous users will try to change options and the bug occurs only when you try to change the title with extra long names. Anyway, it is bad habit to hack any standard roms (with know checksums dat like redump.org) when way easier methods to achieve the same thing is available.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I don't think new users will try to change any options especially changing titles. so the "heads up" is actually more harmful than doing nothing.
Only adventurous users will try to change options and the bug occurs only when you try to change the title with extra long names. Anyway, it is bad habit to hack any standard roms (with know checksums dat like redump.org) when way easier methods to achieve the same thing is available.

Oh please. Just fucking stop. You're arguing purely for the sake of arguing. I certainly wish someone had told me when I used it. It not mattering or being helpful to you does not equate to it not mattering or being helpful for anyone else. Now respectfully, piss off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto