Hacking Gamecube Backups Issues/Problems List?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about wikitemps gamecube compatibility list : http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

Im asking if someone knows where can I find extra information for certain backups that have small issues when played via wiigators gamecube backup launcher 0.2

I have tried playing 6 backups ( mario sunshine, wind waker, resident evil 0 and 1, paper mario, and eternal darkness ). They all play well without issues, except eternal darkness.
I mean the gameplay in eternal darknes and in overall looks great, is just that theres a small glitch in the intro screen where I cant hear the intro narrative. Also I have noticed that the fmv intro sequence is played faster than the original version. Is this a common problem in specific games like this one? Or maybe the burned copy wasnt made at the correct speed or method?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The backup launcher isn't perfect. For example, Star Fox Adventures doesn't have any voice overs in the backup launchers.

I don't think there's any fix with it, you'll just have to live with it. Sorry!

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I will keep my original copy then. Somebody should update the wikitemp gc backup compatibility list. That way people will know which games are guaranteed to work flawlessly 99.9%, which ones have minor problems ( like eternal darkness ones ), which ones are playable but with more issues, and which ones are just unplayable.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah There should be a new wiki for Gamecube back ups :/

Ikaruga doesn't work past the title screen correctly. It resets every like 2 minutes.

I have tried 2 ISO's from the websites I get my ISO's from.

Burned on 2x and Ikaruga still has the same problem. (On a disc with 3 games. I tried shrinking it on one disk and on the other one I didn't shrink it. I haven't tried it on a disc by itself though. But Ikaruga does NOT work on a multiboot disc period. Even though the wiki says it does. I say we make a new wiki ;o)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.