Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea so my firmware has the fake broswer but i was able to get in with cube nijna.
Sysupdater didnt work.
switch to Safesysupdater. It took a while but works (turn off wifi and rush to launch as soon as reboot)

Downgraded and reboot. Black screen
remove sd card and battery. Rebooted into 9.2.0-20 :D

Reactions: Hyura

jbravo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for you guide, worked great.

An issue though... I can install cias... except for game cias. I keep receiving a 0xd8e0806a error. Have tried with FBI and BBM. Any help would be greatly appreciated! PS. What can I use to dump my own games?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who want to use the oldy guide can go here:

https://github.com/mariogamer2/OTP (I forked before Plailect delete all branch)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just followed the old guide yesterday, successfully dumping otp.bin from my N3DS.

The new guide now produces an additional otp0x108.bin file which is, however, not used for the arm9loaderhax setup. What is this file? Should I dump it as well?

(Since I kept the unbricked 2.1 NAND backup and can easily recover with the arm9loaderhax Decrypt9 it's probably easy to do, but it still takes time.)

Btw, thanks for your great work! :)
Plailect already answered me: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/1

Reactions: hiten and qlm2009

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I've got a friend that did this, but he has a little problem.

The SD card he used isn't working anymore. He is able to boot the sysNAND using another card, but he wants to use emuNAND.

He says he can't use Emunand9. How would he create a new emuNAND?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if I want to do this yet because I seen a lot of people say they have bricked when flashing the 2.1 unbircked to sysnand. Is there a reason to why this would happen assuming you followed the guide 100% correctly?

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about this. Recently, reinand can now be compatible with the arm 9 loader. I heard that I can follow the steps at part 5 and replacing the usage or aurei with reinand. Can this be done?

Edit: Just for the hell of it I tried some of the steps, and i got walled at the third one. Apparently dropping the otp should produce an arm9loader file, but all i get back is an OTP file immediately

Last edited by baked potato,

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I have everything ready. Just did the emuNAND downgrade and the 3DS rebooted.

I did the emuNAND.bin backup and just need to flash it to the NAND. Just need a little bit of courage.

chbinnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Question about this. Recently, reinand can now be compatible with the arm 9 loader. I heard that I can follow the steps at part 5 and replacing the usage or aurei with reinand. Can this be done?

Edit: Just for the hell of it I tried some of the steps, and i got walled at the third one. Apparently dropping the otp should produce an arm9loader file, but all i get back is an OTP file immediately
Yes, I successfully set up Reinand 3.3 with a9lh yesterday, just don't need to overwrite firmware.bin, and boot from the arm9loaderhax.bin from Reinand release instead.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I successfully set up Reinand 3.3 with a9lh yesterday, just don't need to overwrite firmware.bin, and boot from the arm9loaderhax.bin from Reinand release instead.

Ah, so the step in which i need to drag my otp file to the website isnt needed? And which step is the one about firmware.bin?

For that matter, since im having issues with my current otp, mainly that i drop otp and it spits back an otp, did i mess up somewhere along the lines in the old guide and should try to make a new otp?

chbinnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ah, so the step in which i need to drag my otp file to the website isnt needed? And which step is the one about firmware.bin?

For that matter, since im having issues with my current otp, mainly that i drop otp and it spits back an otp, did i mess up somewhere along the lines in the old guide and should try to make a new otp?
Of course you need a valid 256 byte otp file to generate an arm9loaderhax.3dsx. Is your otp file 256 byte? Fireware.bin is using in step 20 to 21, from the tutorial the fireware.bin is replaced with one from NTR (Here is the tutorial version I use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(New-3DS) )

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can try another browser, I use firefox and without problem. There are also two other methods to compile it online: http://gbatemp.net/threads/compile-a9lh-on-demand.416385/ , you can take a try.

I was using firefox as well. Ah, maybe because I have noscript and adblocker

Edit: Got it working on chrome. Awesome

Edit 2: One thing im wondering then, if I can use the arm9laoder from the recent reinand release, then when does my otp file come into play? Last I recall trying to install an arm9loader with out my otp can brick my console

Last edited by baked potato,

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
there is only some things I don't understand... W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶N̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶o̶,̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶?̶ ̶O̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶E̶m̶u̶N̶A̶N̶D̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶?̶ (Ok, I jumped that part of the FAQ) If I'm right, it's stills EmuNAND from our SDCard, right? but it will work like SysNAND? I mean, if I want to start TWL or GBA Firmwares, they will be launched on EmuNAND? Right now only AuReiNAND it's the only CFW that works with ARM9LoderHax? Thanks! and hope someone can answer me :3

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

chbinnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I was using firefox as well. Ah, maybe because I have noscript and adblocker

Edit: Got it working on chrome. Awesome

Edit 2: One thing im wondering then, if I can use the arm9laoder from the recent reinand release, then when does my otp file come into play? Last I recall trying to install an arm9loader with out my otp can brick my console
The arm9loaderhax.bin from reinand is just for booting into emunand, you need to change the path in boot_config.ini to that file. While the arm9loaderhax.3dsx compiled with your own otp is for installing a9lh. I believe you will soon succeed, just follow Part 5 and do a little modification if you want to use Reinand. Good Luck ;)

chbinnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Last edited by chbinnc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.