Free Game Givaway! Disciples II - Gold Edition

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by koimayeul, May 24, 2012.

May 24, 2012
  1. koimayeul
    OP

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Posting news since everyone love free stuff, don't we? But you must act quick, it will only last for a few hours!

You will need to register an account and download the Capsule client in order to download and play the game. The games actually, it is the Gold edition including its 3 expansions.

Customer notes

Disciples II is totally free until Saturday 1100 UTC! To grab the game, simple 'buy' it from our page - you won't be asked for any details! The game can be downloaded via our Capsule client.

Description

Disciples II Gold is a turn-based fantasy game comprised of the awarding winning Disciples II Dark Prophecy and its critically acclaimed expansions sets. Control over 200 unique characters across 5 massive campaigns. Whether you are a beginner or an expert Disciples II Gold offers hundreds of game play hours for all levels.

Dark Prophecy: A decade has past since the first Great War of the original Disciples game. The final prophecy continues to unfold.

Gallean's Return: Combining Servants Of The Dark and Guardians Of The Light. Disciples fans will be able to take part in the developing storylines. Spread Bethrezen's plague across the land and prevent a return of one of the Gods. Watch as the Empire try to regain a vacant throne during a time of Inquisitions. Try and re-unite the Mountain Clans scattered tribes.

Rise of the Elves: Concluding the storyline from Gallean's Return. Now for the first time as a playable race the Elves stake their claim to the realm.

Features

- Unlimited upgrade possible on all units and leaders.

- Over 200 individually animated units and over 100 animated spells.

- Each race has a unique Saga (campaign) that tells the story from its own perspective.

- Multiplayer supports up to 4 players through hot-seat, LAN or Internet.

- Campaign editor allows you to make your own custom campaigns.

- Import/ Export leader function allows you to use developed leaders in multiplayer games or stand-alone quests.

- Five races to choose from

- Five campaigns

- Maps for all levels from beginner to high level

Source and link : http://www.greenmang...i-gold-edition/

Edit : OR you will also be able to trade in the free game for credit!

Trade Disciples back for Credit!

As part of our 2nd birthday promotion, you can pick up the full Disciples II: Gold Edition for free on Green Man Gaming until 11 AM (UTC) Saturday!

If Disciples 2 isn't your thing, don't fear! From Saturday, you'll be able to trade in Disciples for $5 / £3 credit towards ANY game on the site! Combine that with some of our pre-order offers and you could be picking up games like Sleeping Dogs for under £20!

http://www.greenmang...giveaway/?lower

2. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Can't be bothered. It doesn't look like my kind of game.

3. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    That's bullshit. The very first thing it does is ask you to login, or register requiring a email, birthdate, username and password.
    "No Details", and here I though that meant including no email, silly me. You know they'll just spam the crud out of anyone who does this.

Not my kind of game either. This is definately to compete with Diablo 3's mass fanbase as of now. I never got into PNC games.

4. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    You might wanna mention that once this giveaway ends, anyone can trade the game in for $5 credit to them and it usable on anything that the sell.

And yes they do trade ins for digital download pc games.

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    you complain about anything huh
    no details = no cc details

you need to sign up to download the game because you have to use their client
    gmg wouldnt do anything with your email :rolleyes:

3 people like this.
  6. koimayeul
    OP

France
    Oh right, edited now.

As for Green Man Gaming reputation, i use it for a little while and already purchased 5 games there.
    You can disable email offers as for any of such site, it has great deals every now and then, like F.3.A.R. and Aliens vs Predator with Steam keys at average 5 € each this last week.

7. lufere7

Member lufere7 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    On the webpage it says it can't be traded in.

8. koimayeul
    OP

France
    It will be possible when the free givaway ends on Saturday.

Quoting : If Disciples 2 isn't your thing, don't fear! From Saturday, you'll be able to trade in Disciples for $5 / £3 credit towards ANY game on the site!

9. BenRK

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can't even tell what's going on in the screen shots. Thanks hereditary colorblindness!

10. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It really does look like "Free (or nearly so) Giveaway" is the hot new marketing everybody's getting in on.

No complaints from me.

1 person likes this.
  11. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hum... Graphs are somewhat outdated, but I love the fact that I create my own Lord and can pick from several races. =3
    Kinda reminds me of the good old strategy games back in the day.

12. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    The 'Checkout' button isn't working for me. They must be swamped right now.

e: Had to verify my email, then it worked. Didn't have to add payment info, just fake shipping info.