Hacking Formatted, DL games/menus etc STILL wont play! HELP!

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
drwhojan said:
Do also try just a fat format as a last chance, not fat32
drwhojan, like I have said earlier, her DSTT would at least display an error icon if won't boot...so that isn't going to do anything.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
retrogamefan said:
drwhojan said:
Do also try just a fat format as a last chance, not fat32
drwhojan, like I have said earlier, her DSTT would at least display an error icon if won't boot...so that isn't going to do anything.

I do know what you mean retro!, I have just notest somethink and edited my abouth post ^, What do you think... Its weard

Should they be a metal plate holding it in, But its hard to say if they used anuther type

EDIT: But even like you sed it would display and error , just like the R4 that say's _DS_MENU.dat

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for your suggestions. I moved around those files and still nothing.
I do believe I have a bad card.
I am going to contact ndscardsale and request my money back first, and then settle for a replacement.
I do NOT want to buy from them again. I will go with who you recommended.

I did some research myself on the dstt card I received and I couldnt find an example of mine anywhere other than one site that showed my card being the "new" card and that no research has been done yet to say whether or not they are fake or real. Sooo I really have no idea.
There is NO protective covering or metal covering over the SD card slot DRWHOJAN. Its just open, you are correct. All the other examples Ive found on the net are covered.

I guess im off to buy another card and start all over! UGH!

Thanks again for all your advice and help!

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilbriansmom2010 said:
Thanks again for your suggestions. I moved around those files and still nothing.
I do believe I have a bad card.
I am going to contact ndscardsale and request my money back first, and then settle for a replacement.
I do NOT want to buy from them again. I will go with who you recommended.

I did some research myself on the dstt card I received and I couldnt find an example of mine anywhere other than one site that showed my card being the "new" card and that no research has been done yet to say whether or not they are fake or real. Sooo I really have no idea.
There is NO protective covering or metal covering over the SD card slot DRWHOJAN. Its just open, you are correct. All the other examples Ive found on the net are covered.

I guess im off to buy another card and start all over! UGH!

Thanks again for all your advice and help!

I wish you luck, I will just be glad to hear that you have one that works, Please let us know hear if you do manage to sort it out when geting a new DSTT! ?.

But like retro mentiond , They should be a message anyway like an error that they is no microSD card are file to run like an icon

I found one issue that might be the proplem with it

QUOTEFor all those unfortunate DSTT owners who have a:

"there is no DS card inserted"

screen come up when they put in their DSTT card, the reason is because of a loose connection with one of the chips on the DSTT Board.

Follow this link for more insight. - http://tecno507.blogspot.com/

Basically, I had this problem with my DSTT card too. I bought mine in HK and it was working. Then one day, it just decided to die on me. And the shop keeper told me to buy this one too! (instead of what i originally wanted, which was the R4!).

But, having read the blog above, I realised what the problem was.

Be warned. you will need to open up your DSTT card. preferably with a sharp thin knife.

Once opened, there is a (sorry, I don't know the technical term) square rectangular chip at the top right hand corner of the DSTT card. It is this that is loosely connected to the PCB board. You can read the blog above and follow his method of fixing it.

My method of fixing it was to cut up small squares from a small piece of paper, stick them onto a corner of DSTT white plastic case which you would have just taken off, and use this to apply pressure to the chip.

Close up the DSTT, selotape it together and hey presto, the DSTT card started working for me.

Now it looks REALLY Cheap.....but at least i got mine working. hope this helps

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm retrogamefan:
I notice when I look at my files to make them look EXACTLY like yours?..Im missing the TTMENU.NDS file. Its no where on or in any of the things that I have.
And my one file doesnt have the (YSMenu) next to my TTMENU.DAT file.
Where do i get the TTMENU.NDS file since I dont have it?

retrogamefan said:
@lilbriansmom2010

Just a couple of things....

1. TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS don't go into the TTMENU folder. Both files go into the ROOT folder. Look at the image below....
dstt_1.jpg

2. Your games go directly into the Games folder. They don't need to be put into any sub solders.

I would suggest you contact the place where you bought the card, www.ndscardsales.com, and commence an RMA stating the card is defective to either get your money back or get a replacement.

I would recommend you use ShopTemp as I have very recently purchased items from there. They are affiliated with GBATemp.

I am very sorry you have had so much trouble with this. You have done everything you possibly can.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry about the TTMENU.NDS

TTMenu.dat is it for your card!, Your own firmware is fine

They also made TTDS work on a r4 original card, not the sdhc type R4s

They converted TTMenu.dat to _DS_MENU.dat are used a TTMENU.nds as a second botter , They called it YSMenu for R4

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lilbriansmom2010 said:
Hmmm retrogamefan:
I notice when I look at my files to make them look EXACTLY like yours?..Im missing the TTMENU.NDS file. Its no where on or in any of the things that I have.

The reason I have both TTMenu.dat and TTMenu.nds in that pic is because I also use another file system (YSMenu) on my DSTT (the pic only has a red line and other names in brackets as a reference only and it is a pic I use in another topic)....but this will in no way help your situation. As I stated earlier, I recommend you contact the place you purchased the cart from and ask, if not demand, a refund because they have sold you a defective item....

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Just making sure!
I am placing an order tonight.

retrogamefan said:
lilbriansmom2010 said:
Hmmm retrogamefan:

The reason I have both TTMenu.dat and TTMenu.nds in that pic is because I also use another file system (YSMenu) on my DSTT (the pic only has a red line and other names in brackets as a reference only and it is a pic I use in another topic)....but this will in no way help your situation. As I stated earlier, I recommend you contact the place you purchased the cart from and ask, if not demand, a refund because they have sold you a defective item....

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw...just for future reference...www.ndcardsales.come is giving me a hard time about replacing/refun my dstt card.
They want me to make a video of what my problem is with the card before they will even attempt to replace/refund it.
I will take either, it doesnt matter to me. But after 4 emails they are still insisting i take a flipping video!! Just wanted to let ya all know!

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lilbriansmom2010 said:
btw...just for future reference...www.ndcardsales.come is giving me a hard time about replacing/refun my dstt card.
They want me to make a video of what my problem is with the card before they will even attempt to replace/refund it.
I will take either, it doesnt matter to me. But after 4 emails they are still insisting i take a flipping video!! Just wanted to let ya all know!
lilbriansmom2010, did you by chance happen to pay for your defective DSTT from www.ndcardsales.com by Paypal? If so, you could make a paypal claim because of "Item not as described" if you end up getting no where with them....Also, are you capable of being able to make a video? If not, you need to state this in your reply to them. If I was you, I would be demanding a refund, not a replacement so you don't end up with even more problems or a fake DSTT...

Also, if you need any help in deciding what new cart to buy, I am more than willing to help you with advice as I have 5 different carts
smile.gif

Cheers,
retrogamefan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a cupple of £ are $ i would say its hardly worth the trubble

Hear in the uk i see thease cards to buy on a indoor and out door market stall's are computer fairs, But in the US the legal and ilegal issues are lot more harder then the Uk for selling ilegal items on the open market i supose

As i heard with the DSTT it might be a lose chip with solder that might be the problem, a bit of on the pressure between the chip and circuitboard might help, are a pro with a soldering iron could fix the issue

http://gbatemp.net/t239493-help-ds-card-is...t&p=2971542

But i supose principle is the case hear !, And asking for a video is just plane stuped and a way of puting you off from asking for you money back, They know what it is and probly been ask quite a few times befor

Go with retrogamefan, Who has experience in thease matters!

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks retrogamefan.
I am able to take a short video with my camera. But honestly? I have no idea what I would show them. I mean I cant show them all the questions and answers from this forum, and what I did step by step in a 30 second video clip! I would much rather have a refund, however I settle for either or since they are being so difficult about it.
And drjohnwho: its not so much the money as it is that I bought something that was suppose to work, waited forever and now it doesnt of which is by no fault of my own.

I placed an order yesterday from Shoptemp.com for a DSTT card for a Nintendo DS or DSlite. It was $7 plus $2.50. If I wanted it quicker it would have been an additional $24 that I wasnt willing to pay. I know its going to take a while but hopefully not too long. Man, I wish these things were sold somewhere in the US!

retrogamefan said:
lilbriansmom2010 said:
lilbriansmom2010, did you by chance happen to pay for your defective DSTT from www.ndcardsales.com by Paypal? If so, you could make a paypal claim because of "Item not as described" if you end up getting no where with them....Also, are you capable of being able to make a video? If not, you need to state this in your reply to them. If I was you, I would be demanding a refund, not a replacement so you don't end up with even more problems or a fake DSTT...

Also, if you need any help in deciding what new cart to buy, I am more than willing to help you with advice as I have 5 different carts
smile.gif

Cheers,
retrogamefan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you know of any locale indian store's selling mobile phones are watches you know your not far off XD!

QUOTE said:
And drjohnwho: its not so much the money as it is that I bought something that was suppose to work, waited forever and now it doesnt of which is by no fault of my own.

I mean it's bean sed alot of DSTT cards might have this defect...
frown.gif

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lilbriansmom2010 said:
Thanks retrogamefan.
I am able to take a short video with my camera. But honestly? I have no idea what I would show them. I mean I cant show them all the questions and answers from this forum, and what I did step by step in a 30 second video clip! I would much rather have a refund, however I settle for either or since they are being so difficult about it.

I placed an order yesterday from Shoptemp.com for a DSTT card for a Nintendo DS or DSlite. It was $7 plus $2.50. If I wanted it quicker it would have been an additional $24 that I wasnt willing to pay. I know its going to take a while but hopefully not too long. Man, I wish these things were sold somewhere in the US
In the quick video you make :

1. First show the front of the DSTT so they can see that it is not some other cart.
2. Then insert it into the DS.
3. Power on the DS and bypass the Health warning screen.
4. Make sure you show the "There is no DS Card inserted".
5. Turn off the DS, remove the cart and repeat the process expect step 1.

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol no kidding.
i made the video like they asked ( retarded if you ask me)
sent it to them and now they said "Sure we will send you replacement one, however you have to pay shipping and handling!"
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Also..just a FYI: I have never in my life had an issue with debit/cc fraud. After ordering this DSTT card..less than a week later I had my CC compromised with crazy charges from all over the country. HUGE hassle to cancel card and gets refunded. REALLY made me wonder if it came from the site where I ordered the card. We have NEVER ordered anything from overseas before, and ONLY use our ATM/DEBIT card on very rare occasions ( hubby is still stuck on writing checks! Drives me nuts!!!!) So needless to say I refuse to pay ANY amount to this company again, considering what happened the first time!

mylitomutalisk said:
chinese people, so stingy. can't let a mom get her cash back.

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update!

Ordered the card from www.shoptemp.com and got it in the mail in 13 days.

Did exactly as I was doing prior and all the great info i was given by you all ( in all my million posts on here) and VOILA! Works perfectly!
It was for sure a defective DSTT card that I bought from www.ndsttcardsales.com. Of whome gave me a huge
runaround about getting a replacement sent. They wanted me to make a VIDEO of what card was doing when it was
put into my DS and then they wanted me to pay shipping for a replacement. I sent them pictures instead of a video,
and I refused to pay the shipping yet again. In the end..they said that they DID send me a replacement as of this past Monday.
Im not holding my breath to see if I actually get it.

Anyways...just wanted to say thank you again for all of your answers and help with getting this to work for me.
Everything I was doing was 100% just a bad card.

I made one card so far with a 2GB SanDisk MicroSD card that held 60 games. My son is beyond thrilled.

I do have a couple of new Questions tho:
~Do you ever run into any problems if you use a bigger SD card? Like a 8gb?
~Something was mentioned about leaving room for savefiles. on the card. When I put the 60 games on the card, it told me it was full. My son has been playing two of the games nonstop since i gave it to him and saving his progress each time he shuts it off with no problems. His progress is being saved. Will i run into a problem with this later on? What is the average amount of games a card should or will hold?
~ and lastely...when I make more of these cards, can I just transfer the games and other files from my sons DSTT card to another SD card and just basically duplicate it?

Again thanks to all of you! You were a HUGE help!!!

Swiizard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@lilbriansmom2010:

I'm happy that you now got what you wanted.
Here are my answers to your questions:
-I don't know about 8 gb (it should be possible), but I have a 4 gb and it works fine
-You should always have something of 0,5 gb at least free for game saves, so never put a card completely full with games
-Yes. Just select the files you want to duplicate and copy them to the location you want.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They is 1024MB to each 1GB

Games very from 8mb , 16mb , 32mb , 64mb to 128mb the biggest at 256mb

A save is about half a mb, 512kbs

Hightlight on your games to see the sizes of each one

Hope this table helps... , Anyway glad you got your card working after all that trubble you had with it!!

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! My sons been really enjoying it.

**Update**

I just got the other replacement card from [censored]s.com that they sent me in place of my original DSTT card that was bad.
Well, guess what? SAME THING!! When I put the SD card in it? No clicking sound like I got when I bought the one from Shoptemp.com.

.. AND
it does not work.! Same exact problem. The DS shows me a page thats says NO DS GAME LOADED!

I know its only a couple of bucks but its still very annoying that not once, but twice they sent me a card that is junk to me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y