Help dsi xl

iSyctha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my dsi xl with twilight++ everything was going good till yesterday and it took me to the unloanch menu and I couldn't do anything no matter what I tried it loaded into that menu so I took the SD out and did a hard reset with my dsi xl but now it doesn't even register that the SD card is in it says this devise isn't supported as a SD so I formatted the SD card and it still doesn't work I reset the D's to try and restart the whole process I need help

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Strange that no one has helped you yet. So I'll step in, but unfortunately I'm not an expert on these issues. So from one moment to the next, without warning, it stopped working, getting stuck in the Unlaunch menu? Maybe someone in your family (a naughty or clumsy little brother?) has been doing some mischief behind your back? You say you formatted the SD card and now the console doesn't recognize its presence in the slot? This is not a good sign at all... Personally, I would have backed up the files on the SD card first, since perhaps some were essential for DSi to work properly. If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me. I am unfortunately out of ideas, but I hope some brainiac can suggest something useful. 🙏 😉

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe someone in your family (a naughty or clumsy little brother?)
Possible, but applying a famous heuristic principle [Wikipedia, Occam's Razor] , we should have a look at simpler explanations first before resorting to this.
SDs and readers go bad for no good reason all the time.

This is not a good sign at all...
Indeed.

Personally, I would have backed up the files on the SD card first,
😃 I'll bookmark this statement coming from you 😃
please do a full backup of all of your data.
:creep:
=============
=============
=============

Process of elimination:
A) Rule out file system related problems. See link ↑↑above↑↑​
B) Rule out contact problems: Try other SD cards. If using micro SD in adapter, try another adapter​
C) Look for dirt or bent pins in the SD slot​

Lastly, if you tried multiple known good SDs prepared according to the DSi CFW guide, and the DSi foes not detect it either in the normal Launcher or in unlaunch consider replacing the SD slot on the console.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto