Hacking Formatted, DL games/menus etc STILL wont play! HELP!

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Desperate MOM here that has spent days trying to figuire out how to do this! I have read every tutorial online I could find, and did everything possible to try and answer my questions/problems and I STILL cant figuire it out!

This is my issue and what Im working with:

I have the following: (1) Nintendo DS
(1) TTDS blank game card
(1) MicroSD 2 GB card
(1) MicroSD card reader
(1) SEVERAL games that have been loaded onto 5 CD's that was given to me by a friend

I bought the blank game card and SDcard and reader online from ndscards. I have formatted my SD card, loaded the menu's and data files, then transferred some of the games to my desktop THEN to the SD card just to see how this worked. BUT, each time I load the game card into my sons DS its not loading and telling me theres not even a card inserted. I have tried several ways, several different downloads and still nothing. When I open the files in the SD card I can see them, all thats required to supposedly make this game card work, but still nothing. Heres my questions:

Is there an obvious step im missing?
I keep reading things about a "Root" file. When I put this SD card in my computer ( inside the reader) there is nothing on it. No directories, no nothing.Should there be? WHen I load the Menu files and Data files Im just putting them on there, not inside of any particular file. Is this right?

I have spent 4hrs today trying to figuire out what Im doing wrong! I even downloaded my own games to see if myabe that was the issue...STILL nothing.

ANY and ALL help would be appreciated. I would become MOM OF THE YEAR if I could figuire this out!!

THANK YOU in advance!!!

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes they should be files in the root of your microSD card

Root is when you plugin your microsd reader and the screen pop-up with nothink in it are they mabe files

EDIT: Removed chears retro

Place

TTMenu
TTMenu.dat
TTmenu.sys

Into the root of your microSD from the arcive, Skip whlie in arcive ttmenu_en and eng foders

QUOTE said:
not inside of any particular file. Is this right?

Yes that's right

The games might be in winrar arcive that end with .rar open it if they are and the game ends with .nds to extract

You can download the latest infolib.dat , savlib.dat , extinfo.dat and re-place them into your ttmenu folder to play most of the lastest games with anty pircy issues hear http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218...t=0&start=0

Any questions please ask

EDIT: Anymore thought's guys ?, help the woman out!

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
drwhojan,

how do you know if this lady has a genuine or fake card???? and you are telling her to download the crappy outdated firmware from ndstt.cn which will brick her card if it is a fake.

lilbriansmom2010, you definitely should use this firmware as it id the most current and has the fake killer disabled so it works on both genuine and fake cards. http://filetrip.net/h25124723-DSTT-Unofficial-Firmware.html and it includes updated files to play alot of the latest games (they are updated as of 30/06/2010).

Use the Panasonic SD Formatter to format your card. just make sure to backup your SD card first to your PC if you want the data on the SD card saved before formatting.

extract/copy all files to the root of your card (the root is the inital folder you see when you plug your SD card into your PC).

Create a game folder to put all your games in.

If you are getting the 'there is no card error' it could be a contact problem between the DSTT and the DS so try using a small very thin piece of card underneath the DSTT when you insert it into the DS, to bridge the gap.

Enjoy.

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, just sitting down now yet AGAIN to try and get these games on here and use all of yall's advice.

First of all, thank you so very much for your replies. You have no idea how much this is appreciated!

Second. Before I try any of this, my first problem is with the sd card apparently:

When I put the Microsd card in the reader, and then into my computer, there is nothing. There is ZERO files, it is completely blank. No Root files no nothing.
Obviously there should be according to these other posts. SOOO if there isnt anything, does this mean I have a bad MircoSD card? I completely understand that there should be and thats where I should put these other files, but theres no files on it even before I try to add these other things.

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
lilbriansmom2010, you definitely should use this firmware as it id the most current and has the fake killer disabled so it works on both genuine and fake cards. http://filetrip.net/h25124723-DSTT-Unofficial-Firmware.html and it includes updated files to play alot of the latest games (they are updated as of 30/06/2010).

Ok please bare with me as I hope these questions arent obvious, or stupid! lol.
I just downloaded this above file. Winzip shows all the files. There are quite a few. Do I take ALL of these files from this download and put them on my MicroSD card? And when I do, these need to placed in the "root" file correct? Since my SD card isnt showing this ROOT file what do i do? Again, just to preface this issue. WHen i open my SD card to look at it on my computer, there is nothing in it. No files. No nothing. its completely blank.

QUOTE(retrogamefan @ Jul 1 2010, 08:42 PM) Use the Panasonic SD Formatter to format your card. just make sure to backup your SD card first to your PC if you want the data on the SD card saved before formatting.

Ok, next. I downloaded this file. When I do, it shows 2 EXE. files and the rest are DLL.files and one readme text file. What do I do with them? Just put them all on my card? Or, do I click on the EXE files to download them and then put that on my SD card?

Again, thank you sooo much for helping me. I will seriously become Mother of the Year in my house if i can get these games to work on his DS!!

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where you see nothink on your card that pops-up is the root where you place your files onto

f:\ = root
e:\ = root

est, pending on the drive letter your microsd card is using

This is where you place the main files from its arcive

Root is not a file

EDIT: Panasonic SD Formatter is a file to use on your pc to wipe out your microSD card , but it sounds like they is nothink on your card anyway , then don't use it are put it onto your sdcard

1. Place

TTMenu
TTmenu.dat
TTMenu.sys

In the Root , Heart of your microSD card

2. Make a new games folder if you wish to and place all your .nds games into it

3. Place it back into ttsd card and see if it runs

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you! Now i understand.

Ok so I did the following in this order:

I downloaded the Panasonic SD Formatter
I downloaded the firmware: http://filetrip.net/h25124723-DSTT-Unofficial-Firmware.html
I then made a games folder
I then put about 5 games in this folder ( there are in nds. extentions..is this right?)
I put the proper folders TTMENU etc. on the sdcard

I put the game into the DS .
It tells me to "Touch the Touch Screen to conitue"
I do.
It reads " there is no DS card inserted"
I then take a small piece of thin cardboard and insert it between the DSTT and the DS to see if maybe its a contact issue.
Still nothing.

UGH! What in the heck am I doing wrong????
unsure.gif

drwhojan said:
Where you see nothink on your card that pops-up is the root where you place your files onto

f:\ = root
e:\ = root

est, pending on the drive letter your microsd card is using

This is where you place the main files from its arcive

Root is not a file

EDIT: Panasonic SD Formatter is a file to use on your pc to wipe out yourSD card , but it sounds like they is nothink on your card anyway , then don't use it are put it onto your sdcard

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are thease three files in the root ?

TTMenu
TTmenu.dat
TTMenu.sys

They is also a contact issue, it could help

Yes the game are right

EDIT: You could try a format and start again, that might also help

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I open Drive G:\ ( the drive for my SDcard) I see these three things:

TTMENU
Dat. File
328 KB

TTMENU
System File
4,096 KB

GAMES ( file)
This contains 5 games, and each file ends in NDS.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilbriansmom2010 said:
when I open Drive G:\ ( the drive for my SDcard) I see these three things:

TTMENU
Dat. File
328 KB

TTMENU
System File
4,096 KB

GAMES ( file)
This contains 5 games, and each file ends in NDS.

TTMenu folder dose not sound like its there, bubble check

Its a folder from that arcive that has over files inside of it, that is improtent

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.
The file that I seem to be missing. Is it a large file?

When I downloaded the DSTT Unofficial Firmware 1.17a12 rar. it opened in Winzip and hows ALOT of files. Should I put ALL of these files on my SDcard?
I only pulled the files I thought I was suppose to use: TTMENU. Data and TTMENU. SYS.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilbriansmom2010 said:
OK.
The file that I seem to be missing. Is it a large file?

When I downloaded the DSTT Unofficial Firmware 1.17a12 rar. it opened in Winzip and hows ALOT of files. Should I put ALL of these files on my SDcard?
I only pulled the files I thought I was suppose to use: TTMENU. Data and TTMENU. SYS.

Just the TTMenu folder its self onto the root, with the files inside of

Leave the over two files on also

ttmenubw8.jpg

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added the TTMENU file also now that contained several files i didnt have on there. I am going to try now to see if it works in my DS.
CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!!

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok did exactly as you said and my screen looks exactly as your screen shot with the exception of my games file.
I put the game in and still nothing
My DS still reads " There is no DS Card inserted"

I am about to cry! lol

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate to say this but sh*t

The option for the contact was to place a thin bit of card at the back of the ttds card

The only over option was to format your microSD chip with SDFormatter.exe , and start again as they could be coruption on it, But you sed the card was new ?

Your could get a cutton bud and clan the pins of the back of the ttds card and and microsd chip

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card is brand new I just bought it.
I bought it from ndscards.com. Along with the DSTT card and a reader. Its all brand new.
I tried a thin piece of cardboard between the DSTT card and the DS to see if maybe it was a contact issue. still nothing.
I will try cleaning the contacts but I really dont think its that.

Would this have anything to do with the DS set to autostart?

also..each game that I have came off of a CD that someone gave me.
Each game is a file.
When I open the file it shows the name of the game with a NDS. extension.
This is correct right?
I put all 5 files on the card.
Is this right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment