Hacking Formatted, DL games/menus etc STILL wont play! HELP!

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothink to do with the games at all, they are fine!

As for autostart you could try both options, on and off

However it could be your microSD mabe not formatted in fat32 as mentiond abouth post ^

Click right on letter drive and see format , in file systems chose fat32 then do a format, this will wipe clean your microSD , then you need to replace your firmware and games back onto the card

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilbriansmom2010 said:
FAT

( correction its FAT not FAT32)

drwhojan said:
EDIT: Click right on your letter drive and see format with your microSD, Is they an option fat or fat32 or NTFS ?

in file system

Format it in fat32 is mostly best, if that option is there ?

Click in file system to see what is there...

If not then i don't see what the proplem is, Guys come on ?

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.
I had only one other option to change it to, and that was FAT32.
I changed the format to FAT32 ( saved the files that I put on there prior)
Then re-added them.
Still nothing ( still reading "No there is no DS Card inserted" )

[/quote]

Format it in fat32 is mostly best, if that option is there ?

Click in file system to see what is there...

If not then i don't see what the proplem is, Guys come on ?
[/quote]

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the direct webiste address of where you got this card ?

EDIT: Have a look hear under Q&A http://www.ds-memory.net/drivers_dstt.php

QUOTE said:
I'VE DONE ALL THE ABOVE, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK... WHAT NOW?
Here are the most common problems / mistakes being made when using the DSTT cards.

1. My card is not recognised when I insert it into my DS
Make sure you have completeted the steps above and inserted a MicroSD memory card correctly into the DSTT card. Sometimes the contacts on your Nintendo DS / DS Lite get a bit dusty over time, it often helps to carefully blow into the Slot-1 of your Nintendo DS and re-insert your R4DS/DSTT card.

2. My DS / DS Lite displays "No Card?" or "MENU?"
You either have not inserted a MicroSD memory card into your DSTT card, or you have not copied the menu files onto your MicroSD memory card. Please complete the steps above to ensure your memory card is ready to be used with the DS / DS Lite.

3. My DS / DS Lite freezes when loading games
This problem most commonly occurs if the MicroSD card is not formatted in FAT32 mode, or you are using old menu drivers. Please try the three steps below (in this order) to resolve the problem.

(1) Download latest menu files
Download the ZIP-file above, unpack and copy the content to your MicroSD card. Ensure that you overwrite the previos menu files. This will not affect your media / save games.

(2) Ensure there is enough free space on your MicroSD memory card
As a rule of thumb you should leave 25% of the total MicroSD card's capacity free. Also do not put more than 50 media files on a MicroSD card. This frequently leads to an overload of the DSTT chip.

(3) Re-Format MicroSD card
Copy only your media (.nds) and save games (.sav) to a local hard drive and follow the steps above to reset your MicroSD card. Once finished, copy the media and save games back to the MicroSD card.

(4) Do not use "foreign" savegames (.sav files)
Please do not use savegame files that have been created with another flash card i.e. R4 or M3 card. Due to version conflicts and technical differences this can in some circumstances lead to lockups and freezes.

4. My MicroSD card works in my R4/M3, but not in the DSTT
Please be aware that you CANNOT use the same MicroSD memory card for different flash cards. To make sure your DSTT card runs fine please follow the steps above and ONLY use the MicroSD card with your DSTT. Copying media and save games created with R4/M3 to your DSTT can also cause problems.

5. Be sure the microSD chip is insteted the right way around

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I bought the items here:
www.ndscardsale.com

I bought the 2GB MicroSD card
I bought the MicroSD card reader
I bought one DSTT blank game card

I read over the Q&A and from what I can gather, I have done all this right. I tried changing my DS to not AUTO start also and that didnt work.
From what I can see I have followed this all exactly as I am suppose to, but its still not reading the SD card when I put it in my DS! UGH!!

I have to step out for a bit ( and also away from this DS before I throw it against a wall! lol), but I will be back.

Again THANK YOU DRWHOJAN for all of your help and suggestions. You have no idea how much your help and ideas/suggestions are appreciated.( Along with anyone else's 2 cents!!) I will be back in a few...
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drwhojan said:
Do you have the direct webiste address of where you got this card ?

EDIT: Have a look hear under Q&A http://www.ds-memory.net/drivers_dstt.php

QUOTE said:
I'VE DONE ALL THE ABOVE, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK... WHAT NOW?
Here are the most common problems / mistakes being made when using the DSTT cards.

1. My card is not recognised when I insert it into my DS
Make sure you have completeted the steps above and inserted a MicroSD memory card correctly into the DSTT card. Sometimes the contacts on your Nintendo DS / DS Lite get a bit dusty over time, it often helps to carefully blow into the Slot-1 of your Nintendo DS and re-insert your R4DS/DSTT card.

2. My DS / DS Lite displays "No Card?" or "MENU?"
You either have not inserted a MicroSD memory card into your DSTT card, or you have not copied the menu files onto your MicroSD memory card. Please complete the steps above to ensure your memory card is ready to be used with the DS / DS Lite.

3. My DS / DS Lite freezes when loading games
This problem most commonly occurs if the MicroSD card is not formatted in FAT32 mode, or you are using old menu drivers. Please try the three steps below (in this order) to resolve the problem.

(1) Download latest menu files
Download the ZIP-file above, unpack and copy the content to your MicroSD card. Ensure that you overwrite the previos menu files. This will not affect your media / save games.

(2) Ensure there is enough free space on your MicroSD memory card
As a rule of thumb you should leave 25% of the total MicroSD card's capacity free. Also do not put more than 50 media files on a MicroSD card. This frequently leads to an overload of the DSTT chip.

(3) Re-Format MicroSD card
Copy only your media (.nds) and save games (.sav) to a local hard drive and follow the steps above to reset your MicroSD card. Once finished, copy the media and save games back to the MicroSD card.

(4) Do not use "foreign" savegames (.sav files)
Please do not use savegame files that have been created with another flash card i.e. R4 or M3 card. Due to version conflicts and technical differences this can in some circumstances lead to lockups and freezes.

4. My MicroSD card works in my R4/M3, but not in the DSTT
Please be aware that you CANNOT use the same MicroSD memory card for different flash cards. To make sure your DSTT card runs fine please follow the steps above and ONLY use the MicroSD card with your DSTT. Copying media and save games created with R4/M3 to your DSTT can also cause problems.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: I tryed my best and i am sorry this did not help

I was hopeing it would have

Wish you luck

EDIT: this one http://www.ndscardsale.com/product/New-Top...e-Supports-SDHC

Or http://www.ndscardsale.com/product/TopToy-...e-NDSTT.COM-Ver.

?

Then this should be your firmware http://www.ndstt.cn/download/os/v1.17/ttmenu_en.zip

QUOTE said:
Again THANK YOU DRWHOJAN for all of your help and suggestions. You have no idea how much your help and ideas/suggestions are appreciated.( Along with anyone else's 2 cents!!) I will be back in a few...
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your very welcome, But i would have hope it would have help't , Im very sorry.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
I had the same issue with my kids DS. Card was not being read. “NO DS Card Inserted” message was showing up. I took the card out, took a cotton swap, dipped it in my wifes nail polish remover and cleaned the pins on the card. it started working!

http://www.nds-gear.co.uk/blog/2009/05/sol...nserted-screen/

QUOTEI have 2 DSTT and the one thats been working properly was formated FAT not FAT32 like some sites or that YouTube video says. Its worked fine for me.

But another thing to consider is that the DSTT you have may be defective. The second one I bought unfortunately is. I get a "ttmenu.sys" error when using the same microSD card from the working DSTT I do have. Also, the defective card will only play one game no matter what i choose. It seems to be whatever the last working rom that was registered.

I would have stayed away from the DSTT had I known this. Games do load very quickly though.

Could be a fat format insted!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611463

Mof3boys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lilbriansmom2010

It could just be a reject micro sd card... Do you have another? I just get mine locally from electronics shops or from a phone shop.
I've had to chuck out two micro sd cards that didn't error but didn't really work (that I bought from Overseas).

When I first started setting up cards for my sons I watched a heap of youtube videos on DSTT cards... Most are old and sites and firmware not current.
Watch this old video
Setting Up and Using TTDS/DSTT Card. There is plenty out there... just browse through them to get an idea of how people set their's up.

Make sure that you have in your TTMENU directory a SKIN directory and under that a DEFAULT directory with files.
I have downloaded some firmware at some stages without this files in it & a friend had trouble with this once too.
Retrogamefan's DSTT Unofficial Firmware 1.17a12 files are excellent. They have everything in them.

Once familiar with the directories and files I set up directories under SKIN (leaving DEFAULT there) ... if you like the default grey you can alway copy default and rename it GREY_DEFAULT and then download & unzip files from DSTT Themes as there is a SkinSelectorTT.nds that enables you to change skins.. which kids love.
So I put the SkinSelectorTT.nds in the GAMES directory and the kids can preview the skins by their directories and press A to select them.

Another thing to think about is the space that you have on the card. Don't load the card with games and have no room for the .sav files (Game Saves). It used to be 512k for every game.. but a few games have bigger .sav files now and can be twice as big. If cheats is turned on they take up 5kb too

Hope this helps.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@lilbriansmom2010

Do you have a real game you can try in the DS? If so, please try it to see if it is detected. This is the easiest way to determine whether there is something wrong with the DS or your DSTT flash cart.

Also, this is what should be in the root folder :

Games folder which has whatever games you want. The games must have .nds as the extention

TTMenu folder
TTMENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS

Then in the TTMenu folder :
skin folder
extinfo.dat
infolib.dat
language.ini
reset.mse
savlib.dat
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
ttdldi.dat
ttpatch.dat
ttreset.dat
ttsystem.ini
USRCHEAT.DAT

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all games work fine in his DS. So I know its not the DS. I think im going to buy another SD card. This one came from overseas. Maybe its just defective since it does seem as though Im doing EVERYTHING correct! All of my games that I tried to put on it end in .nds and I have the exact files you mentioned below. Ugh! this is sooo frustrating when Im following everything exactly! Its gotta be something simple like a faulty card or something.

retrogamefan said:
@lilbriansmom2010

Do you have a real game you can try in the DS? If so, please try it to see if it is detected. This is the easiest way to determine whether there is something wrong with the DS or your DSTT flash cart.

Also, this is what should be in the root folder :

Games folder which has whatever games you want. The games must have .nds as the extention

TTMenu folder
TTMENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS

Then in the TTMenu folder :
skin folder
extinfo.dat
infolib.dat
language.ini
reset.mse
savlib.dat
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
ttdldi.dat
ttpatch.dat
ttreset.dat
ttsystem.ini
USRCHEAT.DAT

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling its a bad micro sd card. I bought this one from overseas. maybe its just bad. Where can I get another one of these? Do i have to go to a phone shop? Or can i buy one anywhere??

I watched a ton of videos on youtube too...I will check out the one you provided. Thank you!

I only tried loading 5 games on a 2GB sd card..Id assume that was plenty of space?

Im going to attack this again this afternoon before our 4th picnic! Sure would be nice to have this figuired out before we head out on another road trip! My son would be thrilled!

I am determined! I wont let this thing win!

Mof3boys said:
lilbriansmom2010

It could just be a reject micro sd card... Do you have another? I just get mine locally from electronics shops or from a phone shop.
I've had to chuck out two micro sd cards that didn't error but didn't really work (that I bought from Overseas).

When I first started setting up cards for my sons I watched a heap of youtube videos on DSTT cards... Most are old and sites and firmware not current.
Watch this old video
Setting Up and Using TTDS/DSTT Card. There is plenty out there... just browse through them to get an idea of how people set their's up.

Make sure that you have in your TTMENU directory a SKIN directory and under that a DEFAULT directory with files.
I have downloaded some firmware at some stages without this files in it & a friend had trouble with this once too.
Retrogamefan's DSTT Unofficial Firmware 1.17a12 files are excellent. They have everything in them.

Once familiar with the directories and files I set up directories under SKIN (leaving DEFAULT there) ... if you like the default grey you can alway copy default and rename it GREY_DEFAULT and then download & unzip files from DSTT Themes as there is a SkinSelectorTT.nds that enables you to change skins.. which kids love.
So I put the SkinSelectorTT.nds in the GAMES directory and the kids can preview the skins by their directories and press A to select them.

Another thing to think about is the space that you have on the card. Don't load the card with games and have no room for the .sav files (Game Saves). It used to be 512k for every game.. but a few games have bigger .sav files now and can be twice as big. If cheats is turned on they take up 5kb too

Hope this helps.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You dowing every-think wright

If it was me i would take the screw out the back of the flashcard , take it in two halfs and give the pins a real good clean anyway - then put it back together

As for microsd chip kingston is good, but can not say for certin , Works for me on my original R4 very well

Even so they should have bean some sort of reaction from the TTMenu.dat file anyway alone

EDIT: I supose photograph shops where you get them develpt might have them, are a market unsure about usa markets...

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait..."take the screw out of the back of the flashcard?"...
Nothing Im using has a "screw" in it? (hahah lol) What are you referring to?

drwhojan said:

If it was me i would take the screw out the back of the flashcard , take it in two halfs and give the pins a real good clean anyway - then put it back together

As for microsd chip kingston is good, but can not say for certin , Works for me on my original R4 very well

Even so they should have bean some sort of reaction from the TTMenu.dat file anyway alone

EDIT: I supose photograph shops where you get them develpt might have them, are a market unsure about usa markets...

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ lilbriansmom2010

have you tried using a real game in the DS as I suggested before to see if the real game is detected in your DS?

Because even with no SD card in the DSTT, it should still be detected, which is making me begin to think that you unfortunately might have a defective DSTT
frown.gif

@ drwhojan

the DSTT doesn't use a screw to hold it together like some other cards

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
retrogamefan said:
@ lilbriansmom2010

have you tried using a real game in the DS as I suggested before to see if the real game is detected in your DS?

Because even with no SD card in the DSTT, it should still be detected, which is making me begin to think that you unfortunately might have a defective DSTT
frown.gif

@ drwhojan

the DSTT doesn't use a screw to hold it together like some other cards

Yes she has on the last page

QUOTEYes, all games work fine in his DS. So I know its not the DS. I think im going to buy another SD card. This one came from overseas. Maybe its just defective since it does seem as though Im doing EVERYTHING correct! All of my games that I tried to put on it end in .nds and I have the exact files you mentioned below. Ugh! this is sooo frustrating when Im following everything exactly! Its gotta be something simple like a faulty card or something.

I see you point about the DSTT, even with no microSD card inserted they should be some message are an icon

Even if the DSTT card has no screw , it should be taken appart by nail around the edge's of the DSTT , unlees it sealed entily..

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilbriansmom2010 said:
Wait..."take the screw out of the back of the flashcard?"...
Nothing Im using has a "screw" in it? (hahah lol) What are you referring to?

drwhojan said:

Flashcard is anuther name for your card like DSTT , R4 , R4 SDHC est

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yet once again I decided to try and get this thing to work. This is what I did.

~I took apart the DSTT card and ( opened in two halves, just used my nail) and cleaned the contacts.
~I went and bought another SD card just to make sure I didnt get a defective one
~Tried reformatting from FAT to FAT32 ( obviously beofore I re-added the game and menu folders)

I put everything back on the SD card which was the following:

(1) Yellow folder that says TTMENU ( contains: extinfo.,infolib,language, reset.mse,savelib.l2u,system,system.ank,system.l2u,system.u2l,ttdldi,TTMENU ( data file), TTMENU ( system file),ttpatch,ttreset,ttsystem ( config settings),USRcheat. Also inside this folder contains another yellow folder that says: SKIN it has the following in it: Yellow folder that says DEFAULT, then inside that contains:

BGup,Btnoff,BTNon,Cancel,checkbox_off,checkbox_on,checkbox_sel,chtOFF,chtON,clos
btn,combobox,folder,icocheat,icodmaread,icodownplay,icohavecheat,icosoftreset,ne
tbtn,radiooff,radioon,save,savebtn,sbslip,scrollbarbg,scrollbaroff,scrollbaron,S
in, start,statusbar, tablebtnoff,tablebtnon, underline

(1) GAME folder that contatains 3 yellow folders with the names of each game :
~002 Need for Speed Underground 2.nds
~0037 Super Mario 64.nds
~0174 Tony_Hawks_American_Sk8tland nds.file

put it all back together, loaded the above....

and still....nothing. My ds still reads " There is no ds card inserted"

I know its not the DS since my son can play alll of his other games.

I guess its a defected DSTT card?

This shouldnt be this hard! I have worked my a@@ off to get this to work and still it wont. I still feel like maybe im missing step along the way or its something really obvious.

ANY advice??? I hate having to buy another card and wait for it. This one took forever! Any suggestiosn on a DIFFERENT place to buy one than where I bought mine? (www.ndscardsales.com)

Thank you soooo much in advance for any and all help! You have no idea how much its appreciated!

lilbriansmom2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is also what the inside of my DSTT card looks like:

DSC00041.jpg

crappy photo i know but the best i could for now...
I researched what these cards look like when they are fake and I cant find any pictures that match exactly what this one looks like. Sooo i dont know if its fake, bad, real or whatever!

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@lilbriansmom2010

Just a couple of things....

1. TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS don't go into the TTMENU folder. Both files go into the ROOT folder. Look at the image below....
dstt_1.jpg

2. Your games go directly into the Games folder. They don't need to be put into any sub solders.

I would suggest you contact the place where you bought the card, www.ndscardsales.com, and commence an RMA stating the card is defective to either get your money back or get a replacement.

I would recommend you use ShopTemp as I have very recently purchased items from there. They are affiliated with GBATemp.

I am very sorry you have had so much trouble with this. You have done everything you possibly can.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do also try just a fat format as a last chance, not fat32

lilbriansmom2010 said:
Here is also what the inside of my DSTT card looks like:

DSC00041.jpg

crappy photo i know but the best i could for now...
I researched what these cards look like when they are fake and I cant find any pictures that match exactly what this one looks like. Sooo i dont know if its fake, bad, real or whatever!

Yours look very real as the microSD chip gose on the correct side, but i just don't see the metal plate holding the microSD chip in place...

Take a look at the card tht says new at the top hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hnk9FygDnI

It could just be a defactive card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt