Not open for further replies.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple, load the USB loader GX forwarder and select homebrews and load them from there for now, it will load ALL homebrew apps in 16:9, and so far I cannot load homebrew channel from there. but it's a good workaround for now.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: and bump. using the homebrews loader on USB loader GX, select the title loader on the bottom of the screen and load ANY wii channel in 16:9, including the HBC. this includes ALL virtual console games.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's even easier. Install this WAD (it is a forwarder to HBC) to access the Hombrew Channel in 16:9 mode.

Speaking of forwarders, while I really doubt this will work, could someone try using this HBC Forwarder to see if that fixes the aspect ratio problem?
HBC Forwarder - GHBC - vWii
GreenHBC.png~original

I can confirm this works like a charm! Kudos to JoostinOnline.

Reactions: blinkzane

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also confirm that the HBC Forwarder JoostinOnline made/or adapted for vWii works. I ended up dragging HBC to the last page and putting the forwarder channel where HBC was.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem is because HBC's current title ID begins with an L I believe, which is the letter of some VC games and Nintendo changed the code to make those VC games display properly. Any channel beginning with a letter that isn't used for VC games should work fine. HBC will get an update to fix it, but there's some other stuff that needs done too.

EDIT: Small app by tueidj to fix the issue right now: http://www.tueidj.net/aspect_fix.zip

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that tueidj has posted his fix, I'm interested in booting certain games with the 4:3 aspect ratio format, as it is the only way I've found for keeping the proper aspect ratio when playing GCN games using Devolution on the Wii U GamePad.

So I've modified JoostinOnline's original forwarder. Channel ID now is LHBC. HBC boots in a 4:3 aspect ratio format.
http://uploaded.net/file/lb15fqow

Though I've realized this is not needed until tueidj releases a permanent fix, as the actual fix has to be applied everytime you boot the HBC from the system menu.

I think I'll stick to JoostinOnline's previous forwarder until tueidj releases a proper fix or a new HBC version.

BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock