Few Generic Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Loft, Feb 9, 2009.

Feb 9, 2009

Few Generic Questions by Loft at 10:52 PM (906 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Loft
    OP

Newcomer Loft Member

United Kingdom
    Right, just before I attempt to install Gamma on my Wii using the '3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial All in one' guide, just want to ask a few questions to clarify what I understand.

Firstly, I'm using a PAL machine, so will I be able to play NTSC-U and NTSC-J backups via Gamma? Also, by putting Starfall on and using the option to bypass disc updates (well, I'll be installing the last 3 options in Starfall as recommended), I shouldn't be at any risk of running a NTSC update on my PAL machine and bricking it should I?

And if I decide at some point I want to get rid of Gamma, the Homebrew Channel, Starfall and everything, and sell my Wii on, can I just do a system format and make it function as if I'd never done anything to it?

Thanks in advance.

2. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    There's a noob section here, you should ask there rather than making a new thread. Plus, all of your questions have been asked over and over again. So next time, search

3. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    so you mean that i should remove Starfall and install PreLoader 0.27 instead?

4. afif95

Malaysia
    Yes, since it's much much better.

5. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
  6. Loft
    OP

Newcomer Loft Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the answers, if a mod could merge it with the Noob Thread?

One more question regarding system formatting. I'm not massively bothered about deleting every file that has been used for Homebrew/Gamma/Starfall etc. so could I just format the system and carry on running just original software from then on, offical updates and all? Or rather than format, just update to 3.4E, delete the Homebrew Channel and carry on as normal?

7. afif95

Malaysia
    Again said, this question has been ask multiple times, heck there's even a guide for making your wii a virgin. SEARCH next time.

8. Loft
    OP

Newcomer Loft Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not asking for a guide to make my Wii a virgin, I'm asking if I either simply format it or update it to 3.4E it will be in a state to carry on functioning normally as in allowing me to play original games, play purchased VC games, not have any homebrew running and to continue making updates as and when Nintendo releases them. I've searched and not found an answer to that specific question.

9. afif95

Malaysia
    Yea, but by following that guide, you'll make your Wii a virgin.

Virgin = As it was before modded.