PAL Metroid Prime in Nintendon't doesn´t work

Mauromon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to play it in my ntsc wii console. I already have the system menu hacks active to free games and channels, I tried every force ntsc and pal option, it only works with the forcePAL50 but the game is in black and white, the option patch pal50 doesn't change the color image. It used to work with the same setup, and now this game and Metroid Prime 2 neither works. I don't know what else to do.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This worked in my US copy of Prime 1. Might not work in PAL but worth a try)
Does the game still have audio but no video? If so try messing with the screen width in the Nintendont settings. I believe 700 width worked for me. Also make sure “unlock read speed” is ON.

Mauromon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, it doesn't have audio, only has audio when I set forcePAL50 but the image is black and white. I tried to change the width and turn on the "unlock read speed" option but is the exact same result.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can try to launch Nintendont through USB Loader GX, and in the global settings, set the Video Mode to "Disc default".
This way, it wil override the 480p setting of your console with the video mode from the PAL game (which is 480i/60Hz, MP1 and 2 can't be forced to 480p with Nintendont anyway).

Mauromon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried that and is like set the video mode on force pal50 it only shows black and white screen. I tried the video deflicker option, didn't do anything and also the progressive patch option, this only gives black screen without audio.

I formatted my wii and reinstalled all my wad files, I updated nintendon't and usb loader gx. Nothing changes, the same result.

I also checked the nintendon't page where they have a compatibility list and my iso isn't compressed and it has the exact same md5 number that the page of their suggest. In that page says "Width must be set to default or else game shows no picture." I selected AUTO, didnt't work, I tried to set a specific number, didn't work, indeed didn't affect the width.

Finally, I tried to load the game from my sd and my usb, both have the same problem. My only guess is a TV issue, but I used to play MP1 and MP2 with this TV without problem, same cables, same Wii, all is the exact same.

Last edited by Mauromon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1